B-52? Stratofortress Build

Looking good legoman, any idea on the CS yet..???

attachment.php

Attachments

• This cs.jpg
    This cs.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 25
NICE, My son is in the Air Force, his first station was at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, the primary planes there are B-52`s. He`s at Nellis AFB in Vegas now.;):D

NICE, My son is in the Air Force, his first station was at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, the primary planes there are B-52`s. He`s at Nellis AFB in Vegas now.;):D

I almost joined the Air Force when I left High School in 2011. But reasons prevented it.

Well, their loss, you could`ve been one of their next designers.:D:D BUT, getting what YOU WANT verses WHAT THEY want, does`nt alway`s come together.

The wings take up a lot of real estate on the map.
That color scheme will look great on your B-52, excellent choice Legoman.

I would like to know what people think about this release style for the bombs

Attachments

• B-52 Public Beta 02 cluster_AV.RFX
    6.2 MB · Views: 13
If I have a lot of left over space on the map I may change the layout to be more like this. Because the wing is not limiting the fuselage size when they have the same pixel density

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 38 map.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 38 map.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hey Legoman, You`ve probably noticed a small piece that`s overlapping another on the left side, about the middle of the map, they`re probably the same color, so wouldn`t make a diff. Just wanted to bring it too your attention. ;);)

Hey Legoman, You`ve probably noticed a small piece that`s overlapping another on the left side, about the middle of the map, they`re probably the same color, so wouldn`t make a diff. Just wanted to bring it too your attention. ;);)

thankyou I would have noticed it eventual once I started painting, but thankyou.

Yeah, I figured that, just wanted to give you a heads up, I`ve only done one model, The hardest part about mapping (at least to me) was where to put the parts/pcs. for the best possible results to maximize the space available and the size of the pcs., so many possibilities/configurations...:eek::eek:

I would like to know what people think about this release style for the bombs

Bombs release looks great in RF 7.5, could maybe stretch the release out a couple of seconds longer, seems to be in a hurry to deploy the load and go home.
In RF-X the frame rates drop (just like the bombs) to only 6 FPS.

Just been comparing RF 7.5 to RF-X frame rates on the bomb release.
RF 7.5 drops to 20 fps, yes there is a stutter in the visuals but it does not look too bad,
Looks like you are using a 3 bombs from the bomb bay at a time, sequenced with singles from the outer pods. ?

I get around 55 fps until the bombs drop then it goes down to 40-42 fps. This is in RF8 on a 3D field. So it's not all that bad even with using built in graphics.

OOPS!!! My grandson must have been altering the realflight settings, problem sorted, now I am back to 479 FPS with the B-52 in 3D airfields.
Legoman this model must be the nicest flying BIG BIRD in realflight, awesome, just love the landings with those big flaps deployed, especially cross wind, thanks again.

Back