CH-54 / (S-64) Skycrane -- AKA my very second 3DS Max project.

Update for today. Going to bed....

Attachments

• progress-1-14-2011.jpg
    progress-1-14-2011.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 26
  • progress-1-14-2011_2.jpg
    progress-1-14-2011_2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 41
i wonder when this sky crane will be done?when it does dude let me know send me a message or something bro.thanxx Razorb25

I have 95% of the UVW complete and finalized. I'll need to change a couple things, but so far I'm happy with the results.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1295523001.jpg
    ScreenShot1295523001.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ScreenShot1295523144.jpg
    ScreenShot1295523144.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 33
  • ScreenShot1295523177.jpg
    ScreenShot1295523177.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 35
  • ScreenShot1295530712.jpg
    ScreenShot1295530712.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
razorb25 said:
i wonder when this sky crane will be done?when it does dude let me know send me a message or something bro.thanxx Razorb25

I'm sorry, but this post seems a little demanding? you could just keep an eye on this thread, subscribe, like I did, and watch the box to the left of the downloads page tabbed "Most recent" for the list of the recent uploads...

On another note, mwilson, that is an awesome looking model there, although i can't fly any heli other than the Heli-Max EZ myself, couldn't hover anything else to save my life!

AlternativeRC said:
I'm sorry, but this post seems a little demanding? you could just keep an eye on this thread, subscribe, like I did, and watch the box to the left of the downloads page tabbed "Most recent" for the list of the recent uploads...

On another note, mwilson, that is an awesome looking model there, although i can't fly any heli other than the Heli-Max EZ myself, couldn't hover anything else to save my life!
I agree with you on your first point.

I have flown a prototype of this bird and it can be made very stable! This would make an excellent training platform for a beginner to advance their hovering skills and learn how a heading hold gyro works. I know, here I am back in this thread again :D

It's nice to see the enthusiasm
but any one who knows matt knows that he takes the time to do it right
Quality takes time , takes time to make quality.

just look at that thing it's a work of art!!

often non- modelers take it for granted or have no clue as to how many hours (100's !) can go into making a Model for RF and were not even talking about the CS or Physics yet
Speaking of physics.............
lets not forget that he( and others in a related project) are breaking new ground in uncharted waters with this heli and its planned use , for this sim .......... It'll take a while be patient

Last edited:
what?!?!

hey im just asking about when it would get done, i meaen this heli is a masterpiece but i will have to fly it to support my hunch about it.

Razorb25

Maj. Numbskully said:
It's nice to see the enthusiasm
but any one who knows matt knows that he takes the time to do it right
Quality takes time , takes time to make quality.

Exactly, i completely agree!

Maj. Numbskully said:
just look at that thing it's a work of art!!

often non- modelers take it for granted or have no clue as to how many hours (100's !) can go into making a Model for RF and were not even talking about the CS or Physics yet
Speaking of physics.............
lets not forget that he( and others in a related project) are breaking new ground in uncharted waters with this heli and its planned use , for this sim .......... It'll take a while be patient

Wait, it takes hundreds of hours?! I thought for sure that you guys only spent three or four hours of pushing pixels around to make these photo-realistic models! :rolleyes:

I lose count after the first 60-70 hours myself, and I haven't even done the mapping!

I wonder, (and yes, I know I have read this same idea on these forums several times) if these non-modelers have ANY idea how much a professional 3D modeler gets paid by the hour to do what we do? (And they don't even have to bother about UVW mapping and/or doing the physics!)

Ok, I am done with my ranting, back on topic, It is good to hear that this is a stable Helo, I cannot wait to get into lifting stuff with her!

razorb25 said:
hey im just asking about when it would get done, i meaen this heli is a masterpiece but i will have to fly it to support my hunch about it.

Razorb25

Hey man, no hard feelings, I am by no means flaming you or anyone else, as the Maj. said, It is great to hear the enthusiasm, it gives me no better feeling in the world than to hear praise of one of my creations, I was only noting the easy ways to keep track of projects.

please disregard my previous post as a direct attack to you, it was not, there have been quite a few non-modelers on here that were far worse than your post ever even sounded, it was more as a general statement towards those who have no patience and believe we are teasing them with screens of stuff we threw together that night and are raving about how we don't care enough to follow through.
:D

For those with my Air Crane, I just realized I had made a very noticable mistake in the shape of the front fuselage. I had the forward facing floor level cabin windows the incorrect size. I've corrected this just moments ago. See attached pics to compare to "Isabelle" --The Air Crane that Could.

The middle pic is the previous version with the incorrect sized windows.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1295654640.jpg
    ScreenShot1295654640.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 29
  • ScreenShot1295530712.jpg
    ScreenShot1295530712.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 0749933.jpg
    0749933.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 29
One of these years I would love to have your talent.

This project is one of your many master pieces. It is Beautiful to the extreme. :cool:

Thank you for your talents.........

Deewng said:
One of these years I would love to have your talent.

This project is one of your many master pieces. It is Beautiful to the extreme. :cool:

Thank you for your talents.........

Thank you for the kind words. It is definitely a lot of fun to see what all I can pack in. I'm sure I could do so much more to this model, but at some point I will have to cut myself off and call it complete. My friends know that could end up being a long time away. :)

I thought I would add another note to the thread. Chris pointed it out to me that Isabelle is a S-64F which has double wheels on each main gear. My model is based off of the S-64E which is "Christine". It's the same CS basically.

mwilson914 said:
Thank you for the kind words. It is definitely a lot of fun to see what all I can pack in. I'm sure I could do so much more to this model, but at some point I will have to cut myself off and call it complete. My friends know that could end up being a long time away. :)

Just as Maj. is and Artist, You are Also. I hear where you are and Understand. My son is one as well and every piece he does falls short in his mind. But to everyone he does his magic for, his work is non-discriptive, beyond their wildest hopes.

As far as discovering one's self, beware the eid. We can all use a little help in that department.

Thank you and all the other Artists for your talents in the relm of modeling.
:cool: :D

Twoeleven pointed a couple things out to me and I have reworked these things. I won't get into details, but I'm excited to see what CS's come about.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1295735495.jpg
    ScreenShot1295735495.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 24
Back