CH-54 / (S-64) Skycrane -- AKA my very second 3DS Max project.

Rotor Blade FIX Cont..

Pg 2 of 2

Here is the last part that takes care of the jitterbugging blade track and then have fun flying. :D :D

Last edited:
I thought the 01 flap needed to be the front forward facing flap and the numbering plan incremented counter-clockwise. That's crazy. I'll give it a go.

About the gyro work, awesome! I appreciate all the help Deewng. Thanks for checking all this out. I'm so glad I still have much to learn and I'm equally glad there are people out there that can help. I can't wait till I can get back on my PC and play around with this.

Sometimes what we think is not always what it is. :)
I do know that other helicopters from this manufacturer that have blade folding has to have #1 parked over the tail pylon.. such as SH-3 Sea King

No big thing........ enjoy

You GOT the ROTATION RIGHT YEA...............

Last edited:
Woo-wee

I am learning to fly helicopters just so I can play with this baby. I can't wait till she hits the swap pages.

HX3D014 said:
PPlace and I Figured out a way to get Items to move in a perfectly liner motion.
It was the use of a pair of scissor points , this gives 3 pivot points to be edited in the aircraft editor within real flight.

stuka-recoil_s_3BX.gif

I also have an Original Screenshot showing exactly how it is set-up.

PS, this is as good as it gets for now, and the suggestions you and td9cowboy made are worth pondering and a bit of action on Jims behalf. If only he was the one to Authorise the changes and go ahead.

stukascissors_reply_6XB.jpg

Bryce
wtf is the program you are using so frustrated cant finde this program here it is very anoying please help me !!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Autodesk 3DS Max 8 as shown in the screeshots. It's not part of Realflight. It's a 3D Modeling application. If you are a student taking 3DS Max courses, you can get a cheaper version, but for the common man, it's around $3,500.00.

mwilson914 said:
Autodesk 3DS Max 8 as shown in the screeshots. It's not part of Realflight. It's a 3D Modeling application. If you are a student taking 3DS Max courses, you can get a cheaper version, but for the common man, it's around $3,500.00.

And for some a very much more.

:eek:

eric soderlind said:
what program are yo using cant finde it looked every where please help me !
Trust me eric............. if you don't have the skills to do a simple forum search
no offense , but......................... 3d modeling would probably be WAY over your head at this point

Hi there Skully,

I think I got the rotor blades ironed out for S-64
Haven't heard back from Matt yet.

Hows the riveting slow I'm sure.

Last edited:
Deewng said:
Hi there Skully,

I think I got the rotor blades ironed out for S-64
Haven't heard back from Matt yet.

Hows the riveting slow I'm sure.

Deewng,

I can't thank you enough for the help. I just sent out an updated EA to Maj and 211. There isn't enough different on this EA for me to send everyone the update or updated my website.

mwilson914 said:
Deewng,

I can't thank you enough for the help. I just sent out an updated EA to Maj and 211. There isn't enough different on this EA for me to send everyone the update or updated my website.

There are some things that I still remember from life that come in handy. More than Happy to help when I can. :)
You will have the hit of the swaps when it is all over.

jeffpn said:
Yes, everyone will want to download it. We heard that already.

Geee, Jeff I know you just can't wait to get your hands on it.. hehehe................. :p You probably have already :D

Last edited:
Actually I have not worked on the Sky crane in a while ......in fact the last time I did anything with it was when I sent 211 a copy of my .psd file ........BTW were is 211?....... haven't seen or heard from him since then ?
that was a couple a 3 weeks ago

Last edited:
Thought

Had a awful thought. You already have so much going on with the Skycrane.

Would be neat if the shafts and turbines could spin. ;)

Guess I got too much time on my hands :rolleyes:

Maj. Numbskully said:
Actually I have not worked on the Sky crane in a while ......in fact the last time I did anything with it was when I sent 211 a copy of my .psd file ........BTW were is 211?....... haven't seen or heard from him since then ?
that was a couple a 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the files, Maj., I have them...

In February I lost a very close friend to Cancer, he had been suffering for years after enduring both chemotherapy and then an absolutely debilitating bone-marrow transplant. He never recovered fully from the transplant, and his health just kept degrading over the past several years. He will be dearly missed.

As was he, I am also a collector/rider/restorer/mechanic of motorcycles, so I purchased his beloved 2004 Honda RC-51 sportbike when I found out the proceeds of his estate sale would benefit his two young nephews.

I have been in my garage working on the bike, as it had been stored for years since he hadn't the strength to ride it. I now have it running again, and it looks better every day. Part therapy and part passion, I have become somewhat obsessed with making the bike look and run as good as it can. This process has also put me out with my other bikes, wrenching and tuning on those as well. The mechanical stuff has been very therapeutic for me.

I just can't seem to sit still in front of photoshop right now, my mind isn't working the right way for that type of task, I can't sit still and focus. I guess I have been in denial that any day the artistic light will blink right back on, but I can't seem to beat this case of "writer's block" right now.

The Crane sits waiting, as does Boof's Sirius with floats. If I can't get the paint flowing here soon, I will just step out and offer back to the designers all that I have on those two, so they could finish or give it out to someone who can get these done for the community.

I feel like a giant road-block every time I see someone hit this thread, I am sorry!

Griff
twoeleven

griff.......... no apology required
Very sorry to hear about your friend
just hadn't heard from you and I was just curious .

As I am Cancer survivor for 5 years now (knocks on wood)
and having lost several members of my family to cancer
I know its not a fun thing to watch or go through

take your time and make his bike SHINE

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Griff. No worries on the Skycrane. I'm in no rush and I still say, it's just a hobby. Take your time with it my friend. If you don't feel like finishing it, then that is ok too. There are no requirements to get my project done as you have your own life. It's only an offer to you or Maj, when I have you guys work on a CS for me. It's a hobby for us and nothing more.

I've had several tumors removed in the past but none were ever cancer. Last year's tumor almost took my life because of a large blood clot. This hobby is much less important than other things going on in our life.

I don't care about any time line on getting this thing completed. As I said before, I have it and can fly it anytime I want. The community can wait.

Back