Designers only multi session.

I'm up for this. Sort of like club meetings. Make it when you can. A schedule would help me. Most evenings are free but I cannot be certain.

It was nice being in a session where people are having a meaningful conversation. There was no smoke, bullets and missiles being fired, either. It's been so long since I've been a multiplayer session because of those reasons.

As I was sitting in the background, the benefits of doing this were very clear to me. Its a great way to learn new things. Those who have modeled, but can't do physics (such as myself) could get together to go over why things won't work, what certain stuff does, and if there's a problem, it can be tag teamed. I learned a thing or two listening to that very thing going on. Nice session indeed.

USB headsets are the best and logitech makes nice ones that are cheap. Here is the lowest priced set I could find real quick. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104214

That is the exact headset I have and I love it. I use it all the time just for watching movies and TV shows on my PC as well as talking on Skype. I've had a more expensive headset before and it sucked compared to the Logitech. Felt like it was crushing my head. The Logitech headset is comfortable and the sound quality is great.

Also, I'm up for joining a session. I'm in Aero's session every time I see him hosting. Let me know when you can host and hopefully I can attend.

I've had a great time both times we have done this. As for a time to do it on a regular basis, my schedule is a mess.

I'd say if one of us wants to start a session, do so. Keep the session name the same, and the password. Then if someone wants to join it and they're free, they can do so.

Planning would make it better of course, but I don't see it as necessary.

Judging by how seriously you guys take modelling, I doubt I'd be considered "serious" by your standards. I recently started making color schemes, and would love to learn more about the modelling part. If there's room for one more, I'm in. I promise I'll be good.

I recently started making color schemes, and would love to learn more about the modelling part. If there's room for one more, I'm in. I promise I'll be good.
To me, that's what it's about. In G2 and G3, I used to MP a lot. I didn't have a lot of time in my G4 days. When I was settled in, and G5 came out, I started to MP again. But all the kids wanted to do was fire rockets and bullets. Well, they liked to smoke out the session, and hover all the time in front of the pilot spawn. That's not at all appealing to me. Sometimes, we weren't even flying in these MP sessions over the years. We were typing away, and having conversations. I got to know some members fairly well. I'd love to get back to interacting with other RF owners. It used to be a lot of fun. There's nothing wrong with smoke and bullets if that's what the kids want, but it's not my thing. That's what this whole thread is all about.

Then having private sessions sounds like a good way to go. It's obvious that there are some very talented modellers here, and any bits of info I can pull from these guys would be great. I love that RF gives me the option to be "part" of the simulation, and I'd love to contribute more to it. The day I see someone on MP using one of my CS's, I just may shriek like a little girl.

I would definitely be in for some MP flying/discussion, scheduling is impossible for me though, as I am on a swing schedule at work.

I do end up with alot of free time though...:eek:

The day I see someone on MP using one of my CS's, I just may shriek like a little girl.
Once I joined a random MP session and nearly everyone was flying one of my planes. It was a true ego trip, especially when they recognised my screen name.

I can see everyone is getting hung up on the schedule aspect. I feel having a few scheduled sessions a month will help some guys plan for it and spontaneous sessions whenever. I have most nights free from 6pm est until whenever and I will run a session most nights from now until spring if there is a regular attendance. I have a list of people who I feel meet the criteria for the multi and don't worry that is most of us. I will spend tonight making up the welcome message and send out PMs with the password. If you receive a password please do not pass it on to others. If you are interested in hosting feel free. The session name and password should be consistent to avoid confusion. Those will be included in the PM. It would be better if hosters have a high-speed connection but its not a deal breaker. I will start hosting tomorrow night at 6pm est. I hope to see you there.

Once I joined a random MP session and nearly everyone was flying one of my planes. It was a true ego trip, especially when they recognised my screen name.

I've had it happen a few times now since I started making helis. It makes you feel good for sure.:)

I know I'm really not a designer.......... but I'd like a password !
sorry ............. but you'll have to put up with my type chat

You asked earlier what would be a good name for the sessions , heres my suggestion :
Designers Corner

Back