Douglas DC-4

I just finished updating the spec map with the wheel wells and gear doors and everything seems to look okay so Doug I'll check it out a bit more tomorrow and send you a beta to play with. I guess this is one of those lulls in the forum it seems I'm updating to an empty room. Anyway I have the changes to the CS and SPEC MAP finished and here's a picture for you. I have to say being able to color the wheel wells and inner gear doors definitely makes the gear look better.

Attachments

• Douglas DC-4 71.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 71.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
I just finished updating the spec map with the wheel wells and gear doors and everything seems to look okay so Doug I'll check it out a bit more tomorrow and send you a beta to play with. I guess this is one of those lulls in the forum it seems I'm updating to an empty room. Anyway I have the changes to the CS and SPEC MAP finished and here's a picture for you. I have to say being able to color the wheel wells and inner gear doors definitely makes the gear look better.

WOW ! The DC-4 looks awesome, great work as usual Technoid.
Love flying these "big birds" especially at the RC Ranch Airport in RF-X.

Last edited:
I looked at everything today and found an area I needed to fix so I fixed it and created another beta hopefully everything good to go now.

ok sounds good technoid

Here's the latest beta if you like to fly the DC-4 it's worth the download the gear doors and wheel wells add a lot.

The fixes I can remember since the last beta.

1. Reshaped fuselage to align side windows.
2. Tweaked windscreen.
3. Added wheel wells and gear doors.

CONTROLS

Smoke: CH 8 3 Position Switch Away From You.
Gear: CH 7 Switch.
Flaps: CH 6 Knob.

CAMERAS

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Right

Attachments

• Douglas DC-4 71.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 71.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Douglas DC-4_EA.RFX
    6.1 MB · Views: 19
Here's the latest beta if you like to fly the DC-4 it's worth the download the gear doors and wheel wells add a lot.

2. Tweaked windscreen.

CONTROLS

Smoke: CH 8 3 Position Switch Away From You.
Gear: CH 7 Switch.
Flaps: CH 6 Knob.

CAMERAS

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Right

the landing gear is reversed on the X axis. i think the bottom surface of the fuse is still mirrored is still reversed (have not confirmed at this time

the landing gear is reversed on the X axis. i think the bottom surface of the fuse is still mirrored is still reversed (have not confirmed at this time

Here's a picture of the pivot points for the fuselage, wings, and landing gear. The landing gear retracts forward. I looked at several built-in planes that retract forward and most were like mine. (most) Where am I wrong?

Attachments

• Douglas DC-4 72.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 72.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11
Here's a picture of the pivot points for the fuselage, wings, and landing gear. The landing gear retracts forward. I looked at several built-in planes that retract forward and most were like mine. (most) Where am I wrong?

in realflight the right physics gear is on the left side and the left one is on right. the x axis position (in realflight) is negative instead of positive

2. Tweaked windscreen.

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, love it, the DC-4 fly's great and looks fantastic.
Thanks for the beta.

in realflight the right physics gear is on the left side and the left one is on right. the x axis position (in realflight) is negative instead of positive

Yes I remember that from the G4 Artist Reference PDF but when I looked at some of the planes in RealFlight that rule wasn't necessarily followed.

P-38 from Swap Pages Both Sides -X (retracts backward)
B-25 from RF-9 Both Sides -X (retracts backward)
X-29 from EP 1 Both Sides +X (retracts forward)
A-4 from EP 5 Both Sides +X (retracts forward)

That rule may only be necessary if the retracts fold inward meaning RealFlight internally rotates the Y axis in the directions using the + and - requirements.

Yes I remember that from the G4 Artist Reference PDF but when I looked at some of the planes in RealFlight that rule wasn't necessarily followed.

P-38 from Swap Pages Both Sides -X (retracts backward)
B-25 from RF-9 Both Sides -X (retracts backward)
X-29 from EP 1 Both Sides +X (retracts forward)
A-4 from EP 5 Both Sides +X (retracts forward)

That rule may only be necessary if the retracts fold inward meaning RealFlight internally rotates the Y axis in the directions using the + and - requirements.

1. open the aircraft in the aircraft editor
  2. open the main landing gear
  3. in the location from parent remove the negative in the x position (as the right gear is under the left wing)
    attachment.php

Attachments

• 2019-09-26 16_15_58-Aircraft Editor - Douglas DC-4.jpg
    2019-09-26 16_15_58-Aircraft Editor - Douglas DC-4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 66
FYI on the Interlink DX the landing gear ends up on switch A on the back left and the flaps on switch D on left front. I kinda like it being there on planes. Plus you can just select no flaps, half flaps, or full flaps which is easier than reaching for a knob. You should really break yours out and give it a go with RF9.

1. open the aircraft in the aircraft editor
  2. open the main landing gear
  3. in the location from parent remove the negative in the x position (as the right gear is under the left wing)
    attachment.php

Thanks I guess I've always messed that one up I thought of it as subtracting from the center out but I guess it's really adding from the center out. Ha maybe I have a backwards brain.

Thanks I guess I've always messed that one up I thought of it as subtracting from the center out but I guess it's really adding from the center out. Ha maybe I have a backwards brain.

you are subracting from the leading edge of the root of the wing so the gear ended up on the opposite side.

you are subracting from the leading edge of the root of the wing so the gear ended up on the opposite side.

I've been thinking of it wrong the whole time I think all of my planes are that way. I hope I remember this I tend to loose stuff these days (old guy thing).

Back