Douglas DC-4

I just finished adding the little parts to finish it out. They're not mapped and painted yet but here's a picture for you.

1. Top Antenna
2. Navigation Dome
3. Bottom Antenna
4. Tail Skid

I also reshaped the top intakes on the nacelles to look more like the DC-4.

1. Longer
2. Hump Backed
3. Front Opening Angled Forward (hard to see in picture)

Attachments

• Douglas DC-4 75.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 75.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Douglas DC-4 76.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 76.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 9
Thanks guys I think that's everything I want to do so next I'll map the little parts I added and remap what's been changed recently. Then I can finalize the color scheme and release it. I may release it with the beta color scheme it looks good on it but of course it's not a real color scheme. But hopefully they'll be a few color schemes made after release. I know Doug has a really nice one already and I may end up doing a new one for the release too. (who knows)

Like BrokeDad said I found one more thing to tweak. When I started on the DC-4 I used my generic nose gear but while I was getting ready to map I thought it would improve the scale of the plane if I reworked the nose gear. My gear doesn't have all the braces like legoman's but at least now the nose gear looks like a DC-4.

Attachments

• Douglas DC-4 78.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 78.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 15
I went back today and added the mapping for the new parts and remapped the parts that's been changed so now I'm ready to do the final 1x1 mapping.

Ha.. The bad thing about my planes is, by the time I get them finished everyone has flown them so much they're old hat.

Got a question. It's time to start thinking about my next project I have some ideas but I thought I'd see what you guys think? Any suggestions?

I went back today and added the mapping for the new parts and remapped the parts that's been changed so now I'm ready to do the final 1x1 mapping.

Ha.. The bad thing about my planes is, by the time I get them finished everyone has flown them so much they're old hat.

Got a question. It's time to start thinking about my next project I have some ideas but I thought I'd see what you guys think? Any suggestions?
Well, it would be nice too hear your ideas first, But, I think you`re close enough with your skills to do a scale model, actually, have been for a long time IMHO, (DC-4, for example) I think doing a scale model is lurking in you, BUT in the end, it`s your choice. ;);):D

Here's a picture showing some of the new details on the DC-4 you can't see the tail skid. Now I need to do the 1x1 mapping.

Top Antenna
Navigation Dome
Bottom Antenna

Attachments

• Douglas DC-4 79.jpg
    Douglas DC-4 79.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 15
Well, it would be nice too hear your ideas first, But, I think you`re close enough with your skills to do a scale model, actually, have been for a long time IMHO, (DC-4, for example) I think doing a scale model is lurking in you, BUT in the end, it`s your choice. ;);):D

So far what I've looked at is all over the place, warbirds, civilian planes, rc planes so I was looking for what others thought was cool. Of course I was going to do the Super Chipmunk so that's definitely on the list as is a T-6, P-80, Grumman G-164 Ag-Cat, Beechcraft 18 Twin Beech H Series and a few others.

As far as scale planes is concerned I think I've already done a few just not to the level legoman does them. But surely there's room for my planes to be considered scale not everyone does things the same way that's why they have more than 1st place in contests.

1. Curtiss JN-4D Jenny
2. F8F Bearcat
3. P-38L Lightning
4. T-28 Trojan
5. Douglas DC-4

Here's a picture showing some of the new details on the DC-4 you can't see the tail skid. Now I need to do the 1x1 mapping.

Top Antenna
Navigation Dome
Bottom Antenna

Looks fancier now. OMG no pilot !! Someone call the FAA .. it's a DRONE !!

The DC-4 looks perfect Technoid.
What a great choice of aircraft on your list, the Super Chipmunk is an incredible plane but so is the P-80 Shooting Star and any of the Beechcraft planes would be awesome models to have, so good luck on making a choice, it would take me weeks to narrow the list down to one. !!!

I'd still like to see the Ford Trimotor done.

320px-Ford_Trimotor_EAA.jpg

So far what I've looked at is all over the place, warbirds, civilian planes, rc planes so I was looking for what others thought was cool. Of course I was going to do the Super Chipmunk so that's definitely on the list as is a T-6, P-80, Grumman G-164 Ag-Cat, Beechcraft 18 Twin Beech H Series and a few others.

As far as scale planes is concerned I think I've already done a few just not to the level legoman does them. But surely there's room for my planes to be considered scale not everyone does things the same way that's why they have more than 1st place in contests.

1. Curtiss JN-4D Jenny
2. F8F Bearcat
3. P-38L Lightning
4. T-28 Trojan
5. Douglas DC-4

If you want to do one of the plane off my list feel free I will probobly never finish everything on it. As far as the scale planes you have done the Jenny is fantastic. the f8f p-38 and t-28 needs a little "touch up" here and there. And the dc-4 could use an airfoil and or a little angle of attack on the wing.

Back