Douglas DC-4

I can't believe I forgot to add my latest released plane to the list.

1. Curtiss JN-4D Jenny
2. F8F Bearcat
3. P-38L Lightning
4. T-28 Trojan
5. Douglas DC-4
6. RAF SE5a

We now have 15 channels, planes developed for RF-9 should be expected to have gun turrets move. Other features should be active. Controls in the cockpit should be active.

I was doing a little last minute checking on the DC-4 before I started the final 1x1 mapping and noticed a funny looking area on one of the detail parts I added recently, the antennas, dome, and skid. So I added the angle stripes to them and every one of them have the angle stripe problem so I need to export them as an OBJ file and then delete them and import the OBJ file to get them back. Then I have to fix-up the names because the tildes in them gets removed. Boy what a pain that problem is. But at least I caught it before I released the plane. Well I guess I better go back and fix them now, but I wanted to complain first.

Last edited:
I just finished fixing the angle stripe problem on all the detail parts I added recently so now I can do the final 1x1 mapping and get it ready for release.

I just finished fixing the angle stripe problem on all the detail parts I added recently so now I can do the final 1x1 mapping and get it ready for release.

big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

I started working on the 1x1 mapping today. I do that a bit different I remove the color scheme and add wrap around stripes to all the parts and then go back and align the edges of everything. I just finished adding all the stripes and did a quick look and the plane looks pretty good it only needs a few tweaks here and there. I'm going to take a break now but the 1x1 mapping should go pretty fast when I get back to it.

You know sometimes a private message really hurts and makes you wonder if you should be on the forum anymore.

You know sometimes a private message really hurts and makes you wonder if you should be on the forum anymore.

I actually keep them turned on here because of the relatively small group. But on all of my other forums I have them disabled so I know what you mean. I've gotten a few in the past like that myself.

Well that sucks....that anyone would send you something like that Tech. Sad truth though, as much as you try too make everyone happy, It`s likely not going to happen, so don`t worry about it, it`s water off a ducks back. Think of EVERYONE, ...THAT you do make happy, majority rules, plain and simple. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I enjoy your builds on the forums, ;):D

Who was it/ what did they say? The reason I asked is some one had just asked me for a t-33 and I told them to ask you since the p-80 is almost the same plane and was on your build list.

Thanks guys I really appreciate your support and it helps for sure. I can't say who it was, being a private message, but it wasn't anyone asking for a build just an old problem from about 2 years ago if I remember correctly. But it's someone I really respect so the sentiment of the post hurt.

So how do I disable private messages? I might end up doing that. But would someone sending a PM be notified private messages was disabled so they wouldn't think I was just ignoring them?

Oh. Actually the T-33 was one of the 'other planes' on my list that I didn't mention.

Under User CP - Edit Options. Uncheck the box Enable Private Messages. The user will get a message you are not accepting them.

Under User CP - Edit Options. Uncheck the box Enable Private Messages. The user will get a message you are not accepting them.

Okay thanks. But after thinking about it from time to time I get a message from KE so I better leave them enabled.

Well that sucks....that anyone would send you something like that Tech. Sad truth though, as much as you try too make everyone happy, It`s likely not going to happen, so don`t worry about it, it`s water off a ducks back. Think of EVERYONE, ...THAT you do make happy, majority rules, plain and simple. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I enjoy your builds on the forums, ;):D

Yes your models are the topping on the cake for Realflight. I would pay for them they are so good.

You could also limit your PM contacts to just friends and admins. Just be sure you have everyone on your list you want to get through.

The DC-4 looks ready to go for posting on swaps when all the mapping is complete. Another superb job.

Back