E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m

Hey I need some help. Someone take a look at the pictures on the HH website and tell me if the ailerons have a triangle cut in their leading edge or is it rounded off. At first I thought it was a triangle cut but after looking at it more I think it's rounded off. The ailerons, rudder, and elevators.

I was not able to find a view of the aileron but here is the rudder and elevator. Hope this helps. View attachment 138217View attachment 138218
Thanks, that's just what I needed. If the elevator is triangle I'm sure all of them are. And that's good for me because that's how I made them, so now I don't have to change anything. Thanks again! I'm curious where do you find those pictures?

There is a person on YouTube, I don't want to mention his name but he puts out ridiculously long built and test fly videos. The video he did on this 2.0 Timber is slightly over 3.5 hours long. I was able to take screen shots from that video. If you look on YouTube you can probably figure out who he is with what I've mentioned.

There is a person on YouTube, I don't want to mention his name but he puts out ridiculously long built and test fly videos. The video he did on this 2.0 Timber is slightly over 3.5 hours long. I was able to take screen shots from that video. If you look on YouTube you can probably figure out who he is with what I've mentioned.
Thanks.

Got a question for you guys. I grabbed some pictures from a video to see how the wing servos are mounted and it seems there's something strange with them. Or at least it seems that way to me.

Take a look at this picture. I cut both wings out of different pictures and put them on this one picture. Look at the orientation of the wings and you can see what side they belong too. The top wing in the picture is the left wing and the bottom wing in the picture is the right wing. Now take a look at how the servos are orientated. The wing servos are mounted flat and in the left wing (top picture) each servos "arm" is on the outside of the wing. But the servos on the right wing (bottom picture) has the inner servo arm to the inside and the outer servo arm to the outside. Am I crazy or am I right?

Wing Servo Compare.jpg

I think it's to save channels. Both flap servos need to face the same direction (pilot's left/right, not both inboard/outboard) and rotate the same direction to drop the flaps, so you can use a Y-connector to use a single channel. For the ailerons, you can also use a Y-connector to move the ailerons in opposite directions with the same servo rotation direction. People with high end radios & more channels available can use 1 channel for each servo to program in full-span ailerons, differential throws, etc. But 2 wing channels and a simple, dumb 5-channel radio are enough to perform the essential functions & fly the plane.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but look at the two wing halves again. The top and bottom wings in the picture are shown with the flaps on the left side. And the servo arms for the flaps are reversed, top wing (left) on the outside, bottom wing (right) on the inside. Wouldn't that make them push the flaps one up and one down using a single channel?

No. The flap servos need to be facing the same direction relative to the entire aircraft, not each individual wing. Looking down from the top of each servo, they both rotate clockwise to pull the flaps down. If both flap servos were facing inboard (or outboard) you'd need one of these https://www.davesrce.com/product-page/servo-reverser-with-trim-pot instead of a simple Y connector - or a separate channel for each servo. Without it, the flaps would be full-span ailerons instead of flaps.

Last edited:
Or they could have used a reversed servo on one wing for the flaps. But if the aircraft has crow which I'm not sure if it does it might effect the programming of that.

No. The flap servos need to be facing the same direction relative to the entire aircraft, not each individual wing. Looking down from the top of each servo, they both rotate clockwise to pull the flaps down. If both flap servos were facing inboard (or outboard) you'd need one of these https://www.davesrce.com/product-page/servo-reverser-with-trim-pot instead of a simple Y connector - or a separate channel for each servo. Without it, the flaps would be full-span ailerons instead of flaps.
Duh.. That's right. I was visualizing it in my mind wrong. I should have thought about just moving it over to the other side without rotating it. So I guess I better model it the way the plane has it.

I did a little tweaking to the servos but it's hard to see small changes in a picture.

1. Servo Cover is a little thicker.
2. Servo Cover is a little wider.
3. Servo Cover Screws are a little taller.
4. Servo Arm and Control Horn is a little taller.

E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m 23.jpg

Back