E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m

I just finished the 1x1 mapping so things are moving along.

I realized I probably made a mistake in the mapping. I looked at a picture of the bottom wing and both of the servo covers were in the white area of the color scheme, so I mapped all of the servo covers together and that's fine for the stock color scheme. But if you want to create your own color scheme that might be a problem since all four of the servo covers are mapped to a single piece in the color scheme TGA file. So, I'm not sure what I want to do with that, try to fix it or just leave it that way.

I'm leaning towards leaving the servo cover mapping the way it is. There's only one part in the color scheme tga file for the servo covers so they'll all have to be the same color, which might be a problem for a custom color scheme. BUT... This is one of those planes that probably won't get custom color schemes. SO... what do you guys think?

I started working on the color scheme. Here's a picture of where I'm at. So far I've only worked on the top wing stripes and they definitely need some adjustment, but I thought I'd share where I am. The stripes need some tweaks here and there to get their sizes correct. I make stripes using photoshop paths so they're easy to adjust.

ScreenShot1711389571.jpg

Last edited:
I started working on the color scheme. Here's a picture of where I'm at. So far I've only worked on the top wing stripes and they definitely need some adjustment, but I thought I'd share where I am. The stripes need some tweaks here and there to get their sizes correct. I make stripes using photoshop paths so they're easy to adjust.

View attachment 138597
you have it looking like you know what your doing :) excellent technoid

View attachment 138597
Are going to map the trailing edge of the wing where the ailerons are so that they can be colored??, OR, have you done so already, and just not colored them yet ??

Here's a render of the top and bottom. I still need to add the black stroke around the bottom orange stripe.

View attachment 138622View attachment 138623
OK, I like what I see, but just curious, looking at the top view, are you going to paint the leading edges of the ailerons so the match the trailing edges of the wing where they both meet. I`m just looking at that black line, seems out of place. hope I worded that right. :unsure: :unsure:

OK, I like what I see, but just curious, looking at the top view, are you going to paint the leading edges of the ailerons so the match the trailing edges of the wing where they both meet. I`m just looking at that black line, seems out of place. hope I worded that right. :unsure: :unsure:
The leading edge of the aileron is a triangle shape and is painted orange and black (on the top) to match the stripes on it. I think the dark area you're talking about is shading in the render. I haven't done the cross over stripes yet I generally wait until all the stripes are added before I do that. Look at the last picture I uploaded of the hstab stripes, you don't see that dark area on the leading edge of the ailerons where the triangle shape is.

There must be some pictures of a pre-production build on their website because some pictures have a black detail stripe on the wing and others have a silver detail stripe with a black stroke. And the main color is darker in some of them. I guess I'll change my wing detail black stripe to be silver with a black stroke like the one on the side of the fuselage so they'll match.

E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m 50.jpg

Last edited:
Back