Error when starting Realflight Evolution

Looking at the picture posted in #40 that is the DX9 version. Just says Realflight Evolution, (no beta listed).
The DX beta version should be seen as in this picture from your post #30, (pic attached) the green text says Realflight Evolution (publicbeta-directX11) that is what you want to see and click on to start the program.
1699373048969.png

New file, now has the Eli Field and the Havoc selected, I had a non-stock plane selected on the old file I sent you, that could cause the "Unexpected Error", thanks to Technoid for noticing.

Attachments

• RealFlight64.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
New file, now has the Eli Field and the Havoc selected, I had a non-stock plane selected on the old file I sent you, that could cause the "Unexpected Error", thanks to Technoid for noticing.
The error still follows, can you tell me if it could be a problem in the Windows language?

Attachments

• erro.png
    erro.png
    852.5 KB · Views: 4
The error still follows, can you tell me if it could be a problem in the Windows language?
Can you open the INI file and do a search for Language. I understand your language isn't supported so it should be the line below. If it looks for an unsupported language that might cause that error. An application should catch that error and report it, but when they don't catch errors sometimes bad things happen.

Language=STRING:English

Technoid, I made sure English was selected.

Let's try something else, unplug both the interlink controller and your keyboard and restart RFE, when prompted about the missing controller, plug the Elite back in, but leave the keyboard disconnected. What happens?
I am wondering if the Swedish keyboard is causing the start-up issue. Do you have any Antivirus or Malware programs running? if so, it would be a good idea to temporarily disable them.

Technoid, I made sure English was selected.

Let's try something else, unplug both the interlink controller and your keyboard and restart RFE, when prompted about the missing controller, plug the Elite back in, but leave the keyboard disconnected. What happens?
I am wondering if the Swedish keyboard is causing the start-up issue. Do you have any Antivirus or Malware programs running? if so, it would be a good idea to temporarily disable them.

I did the procedure but the error is still the same.

Here is a report from Ryan Douglas (one of the development team)

There is a known issue that we have only relatively recently begun to quantify where RealFlight can go from working normally to crashing on startup with the InterLink Elite connected.

As I understand it currently, the way to enter this situation is to have previously run with multiple controllers connected, have something other than the InterLink Elite selected/active, exit RF, and disconnect the active controller before running RF again. It's also possible that just using a different controller all by itself and then disconnecting it and reconnecting the Elite before running RF would also cause it. I haven't tested that.

At present there is no fix, but there is a workaround:
  1. Navigate to your <Documents>\RealFlight Evolution directory.
  2. Open RealFlight64.ini in Notepad or your favorite text editor.
  3. Search for "CurrentControllerSelection". This line will appear inside the "[Controller]" block.
  4. Delete that entire line.
  5. Save the .ini.
  6. Run RealFlight.
That should get anybody going again who is experiencing this particular problem. I'm not sure what was going on for atxmark above, though; that sounds like it may have been a different matter entirely...

So, navigate to Documents/Realflight Evolution DX11 Beta folder, open the Realflight64.ini file in notepad, hit the Control + F keys to bring up the search feature and type "controller" in the search box, then hit the Enter key, the appropriate line should display, (see attached) delete the CurrentControllerSelection line and save the notepad file, restart RFE.
Controller.jpg

So, navigate to Documents/Realflight Evolution DX11 Beta folder, open the Realflight64.ini file in notepad, hit the Control + F keys to bring up the search feature and type "controller" in the search box, then hit the Enter key, the appropriate line should display, (see attached) delete the CurrentControllerSelection line and save the notepad file, restart RFE.
View attachment 136520

My file is already the same as the photo but with the same error.

Attachments

• erro.png
    erro.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 4
Make sure Realflight is shut down.
Type joy.cpl in the windows search bar, click on the Interlink Elite name, click properties, move sticks and all switches and knob, does everything work?
Try RFE again.

Suggest you start with having all files only local, not in cloud or remote. As this has to work fine already (dichotomy). Coragem!

Back