Error when starting Realflight Evolution

Have you contacted Horizon Hobby Support Team, click on the link below, scroll down the page until you see the "Contact Our Support Team" icon.

Have you contacted Horizon Hobby Support Team, click on the link below, scroll down the page until you see the "Contact Our Support Team" icon.

Yes, I sent the prints and had to do the same procedure as you said, and now I'm sending another email but they take 3 days to respond.

Contact Steam Support, click "Help" on the top menu bar in the Steam home page, select "Steam Support", on the next page click on "Realflight Evolution" tab, then select "Gameplay or technical issue", then select "the game doesn't start when I try to Launch it", from the next page view the "list of programs that interfere with Steam", click on the "Verify integrity of game cache" to confirm and final selection , Contact Steam Support, hopefully they will respond quicker than a few days.

Contact Steam Support, click "Help" on the top menu bar in the Steam home page, select "Steam Support", on the next page click on "Realflight Evolution" tab, then select "Gameplay or technical issue", then select "the game doesn't start when I try to Launch it", from the next page view the "list of programs that interfere with Steam", click on the "Verify integrity of game cache" to confirm and final selection , Contact Steam Support, hopefully they will respond quicker than a few days.
I called Steam support, wait now.

I see you've tried a lot of things here. I suspect the language message may be incidental to the actual problem running the software.

What happens if you do all of the following?
  1. Exit Steam completely. It's not enough to just click the 'X' in the upper-right corner. You must either click the Steam icon in your Windows system tray and select Exit Steam or in the Steam client, from the main menu select Steam -> Exit.
  2. Go to your <Documents> directory on your computer.
    1. By default this would be C:\Users\<your Windows username>\Documents.
  3. Rename your "RealFlight Evolution" directory to something else (like "RealFlight Evolution_REN").
  4. Start Steam.
  5. Allow any RealFlight updates to complete.
  6. Run RealFlight.
You'll get the usual language message, but after you click OK, does RealFlight start up?

If not, there is something else you can try to eliminate the language as a factor.
  1. In the Steam client, find RealFlight in your library on the left.
  2. Right-click and select Properties...
  3. In the new dialog that appears, in the place to enter modified launch options, add: "languageoverride=English" (minus quotation marks).
    1. Be sure to match the capitalization exactly or it won't work.
This will skip any language detection and tell RealFlight to just use English.

Attachments

• Steam language override.png
    Steam language override.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
I see you've tried a lot of things here. I suspect the language message may be incidental to the actual problem running the software.

What happens if you do all of the following?
  1. Exit Steam completely. It's not enough to just click the 'X' in the upper-right corner. You must either click the Steam icon in your Windows system tray and select Exit Steam or in the Steam client, from the main menu select Steam -> Exit.
  2. Go to your <Documents> directory on your computer.
    1. By default this would be C:\Users\<your Windows username>\Documents.
  3. Rename your "RealFlight Evolution" directory to something else (like "RealFlight Evolution_REN").
  4. Start Steam.
  5. Allow any RealFlight updates to complete.
  6. Run RealFlight.
You'll get the usual language message, but after you click OK, does RealFlight start up?

If not, there is something else you can try to eliminate the language as a factor.
  1. In the Steam client, find RealFlight in your library on the left.
  2. Right-click and select Properties...
  3. In the new dialog that appears, in the place to enter modified launch options, add: "languageoverride=English" (minus quotation marks).
    1. Be sure to match the capitalization exactly or it won't work.
This will skip any language detection and tell RealFlight to just use English.
The error still remains, if you want to access my machine remotely to analyze it, let me know and I can send you access via anydesk or teamviewer.

Attachments

• erro.png
    erro.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 3
  • erro2.png
    erro2.png
    2 MB · Views: 3
@cesarmimas Bom dia, I have the same very generic error sometimes. If so, I unplug and plug again the USB connector from my controller and then RF start and run as expected. I don't have the exact pattern so can't explain the steps. Maybe try unplug USB, plug again and restart RF. Works for me.

If works for you, but your aircraft doesn't respond to any command input, you might need to re-select your controller in the settings. I lost my controller after last upgrade 10.10.075, not a big deal when we know where to fix it. Go in RF controller settings, if doesn't appear unplug an plug again the USB cable. Once displayed (leave dialog and return if necessary), save-exit dialog and all good.

I have not reported these behaviors for now as I'm unsure if its RF related, Windows or both!

I do really hope that you wil be able to use this great software, have fun and pratice if you fly a real aircraft.

Last edited:
Good morning, I can open realflight, but something with interlink elite, because the game opened when I clicked to open and turned off the open game control. When I put the controller down the game closes immediately too.
@cesarmimas Bom dia, I have the same very generic error sometimes. If so, I unplug and plug again the USB connector from my controller and then RF start and run as expected. I don't have the exact pattern so can't explain the steps. Maybe try unplug USB, plug again and restart RF. Works for me.

If works for you, but your aircraft doesn't respond to any command input, you might need to re-select your controller in the settings. I lost my controller after last upgrade 10.10.075, not a big deal when we know where to fix it. Go in RF controller settings, if doesn't appear unplug an plug again the USB cable. Once displayed (leave dialog and return if necessary), save-exit dialog and all good.

I have not reported these behaviors for now as I'm unsure if its RF related, Windows or both!

I do really hope that you wil be able to use this great software, have fun and pratice if you fly a real aircraft.
Good morning, I can open realflight, but something with interlink elite, because the game opened when I clicked to open and turned off the open game control. When I put the controller down the game closes immediately too.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-11-11 at 11.44.04.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Sorry, can't open the ZIP file, best if you can share thru another method. Per example put it in the cloud like DropBox and share the link

Attachments

• ZIP File.jpg
    ZIP File.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
You know what? Do a video screen recording of the entire sequence, from starting the program. Show us! If no result, you are right having remote control approach so software support can check things.

Last edited:
All good your video! I got the same issue: dead commands. You need to re-assign the controller in RF settings.
When I went in the RF Controller menu my controller was not anymore there after last RF upgrade. Then I did what I have mention before (unplug-plug usb) and he suddenly appeared, selected it ok and all good.
Coragem!

Last edited:
All good your video! I got the same issue, dead commands. You need to re-assign the controller in RF settings.
When I went in the RF Controller menu my controller was not anymore there. Then I did what I have mention before and he suddenly appeared, selected ok and all good.
I did the process of turning it off and on it on another USB or even on the same USB but it still doesn't work when I go to the game to put the interlink on the game data.

You have to go in the Controller Menu of RF, he might NOT auto-fix the USB unplug-plug you do until you go there. Show us a picture of your controller in this RF menu so we can validate!

Last edited:
All good, but your video is not showing after the dialog displaying the Controller. After?
(looks like your setup is VERY complex! gas plant :)) If you don't know I will post a picture so you see what is it this Controller dialog.

Back