G4 first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadMonkey said:
Aww, I'm sorry you're such a victim here.

..and then...

MadMonkey said:
I'm assuming it's also going to be another personal attack on me, since that seems to be what you're resorting to :)

Hypocrite.

Since you don't seem understand what the difference between you and I is I'll spell it out. I'm expressing a point of view, defending or retaliating when it comes to insults, and refusing to be told what views I may or may not express. You on the other hand have no point whatsoever. You just enjoy insulting as many people as you can in what to you must seem a very clever way. That is why you're a troll. I don't doubt you enjoy being one. However your inability to construct a logical or consistent argument is quite a hindrance to your trolling. If you can't construct a logical argument, and have to go to absurd extremes to make any kind of accusation, no amount of "clever" insult is going to make you look clever. Something you also don't seem to understand is that casting a wide net with you insults is never clever. You inevitably insult people you intended to make think you're some sort of funny cool guy. (Pathetic really). There is a very good chance that no one here is disabled, but you can bet some users have friends, or family that are disabled, even if they're not willing to partake in a flame war that brings that into question.

So you go ahead. Fly G3.5. Fly G4. Fly a kite. I couldn't care less. All you're doing here is making yourself look bad in your pathetic attempts to get a rise out of me.

Sammy, everyone here who has directed a comment to you has successfully gotten a rise out of you. (Myself included.) I'm beginning to wonder if you look forward to replying to this thread. Some words you've used to describe people here who disagree with you are "nasty, arrogant, childish, condescending, and immature." Just keep in mind that EVERONE here has the right to state his opinion. Your backlashes are now going in circles, and it seems that there are plenty of people here who like to get you going. Let it go, man.

Sammy Yousef said:
I said there are specific problems and issues that I believe should be addressed.

Yup and initially you were telling us how you would never purchase the upgrade until they were...

Sammy Yousef said:
What I'm expecting is that users stop telling me to shut up on the KE board simply for expressing a view or concern, or that this isn't the place to express those concerns.

Why? Because YOU tell us so? Because those are your rules?

I'll say it again, it's pointless to "express those concerns" here over, and over, and over again.

We got it, you're upset.

Do I personally care? Initially I had an interest, but frankly at this point no.

Is something going to happen because you're upset? Unlikely.

Sammy Yousef said:
What do you want me to do. Go onto other public forums that aren't read by KE staff and state my case. That'd be 1) less than useless 2) damaging.

And just as effective.

Sammy Yousef said:
However acknowledgemetn of the issues, workarounds, perhaps putting some of these concerns in front of management. What else are the forums for???

That's the problem... you've made the assumption that this forum is for the airing of things which KE is going to act upon.

If you look at KE's post they often and repeatedly tell everyone that this is a USER forum and that tend to stay out of the fray.

Sammy Yousef said:
No they're not and they shouldn't be. While I'm glad you added those smileys, the fact that you don't see this as a problem is disturbing.

I think you need a thicker skin if you wish to participate in on-line forums.

Hint.

Sammy Yousef said:
The other poster was right. There was a time when this kind of behaviour was not the norm on the board.

Really? When? I've been around here longer and never have seen it.

Sammy Yousef said:
Yes, I'll retaliate when abused or insulted. I've explained why above.

But you always seem to be "abused or insulted", even when a post is inane and should be ignored.

Sammy Yousef said:
Much better than telling people to shut up on the board, or telling them if they point out flaws with the product or the rules around it (EULA, upgrades, marketing) that it's of no use.

Ah, so now you want to "run" the board and set the tone huh?

I can't tell someone that something is of no use because it upsets "Sammy"?

I think not.

Sammy Yousef said:
I shouldn't need to try another avenue. I shouldn't expect to have abuse come my way for expressing a view here.

I'd call that a bit naive...

Sammy Yousef said:
What a load of rubbish. These are G3/G4 forums.

Yup forums for the end users not for the marketing and KE management.

Sammy Yousef said:
This IS a legitimate place to give feedback on the products.

You assume far too much!

Sammy Yousef said:
Comparing posting about G3/G4 on a G3/G4 forum to complaining at a post office is ABSURD.

As I was trying to politely point out that your long harange is likewise.

Sammy Yousef said:
It's more like going to a postal system discussion forum and pointing out that there's a flaw in the system (eg. it's easy to post dangerous goods).

So what exactly is the point of using this board again?

User support, plane developement and general G3/G4 discussions by and for the end users.

Sammy Yousef said:
I said if you have grievances and have decided posting them here is pointless that's your choice but you shouldn't be trying to compell or pressure me to do the same.

Then why do should we be forced and pressured to tolerating your rant?

Sammy Yousef said:
Just that it shouldn't be accepted behaviour that users are BLASTED for stating their opinion here.

Well I'll be the first to blast Mr. BobBaker for being so abusive.

He believes that he is posting "opinion" with his profane posts. I guess he could use the same arguement too...

Sammy Yousef said:
Second, I've only drawn conclusions based on what Knife Edge has stated, and based on videos I've seen.

Third, one of my problems with the system is that I may well have to wait weeks before I receive G4

You've made assumptions w/o having any product on hand.

How silly would a reviewer look who made conclusions the same way?

Sammy Yousef said:
Perhaps I should go to the post office instead?

It would be just as effective!

Sammy Yousef said:
However KE staff can and do stop in here.

On occasion they do. But if you've ever read their responses to MY complaints here, you'd understand why I'm telling you what I do.

Sammy Yousef said:
I'm increasingly finding your entire tone to be arrogant and self righteous.

Good!

As I've found yours!

Sammy Yousef said:
Well last I checked this isn't the forum for support and development. The designer's corner is there for that. This is the "general discussion" forum, and the topic is not G4 in depth analysis, it's "G4 first impressions"

You find no irony in this, or the fact that you are complaining about complainers?

The irony I find is that you still don't have G4 yet you've effectively taken over what was a constructive thread with a rant about how "hurt" and "abused" you've been.

From day one this has been a common theme for you. "Poor, poor, Sammy, defender of the abused newbies!"

C'mon, don't backpedal to that again.

Sammy Yousef said:
By supporting an unfriendly attitude on the forum you are in fact being quite nasty, albeit passively.

Who says I HAVE to be "friendly"?

Oh, wait you do! You want to set the rules now.

Silly me.

Sammy Yousef said:
It happened to backfire.

I'd venture to say that it has backfired on you, which is why many ( including myself ) who typically listened to what you had to say, though not agreed with you, are becoming increasingly annoyed with the rants.

Sammy Yousef said:
Can I quote you on that?

Perhaps we should suggest KE put that right on the box,

Sure!

Sammy Yousef said:
What's your argument? That I should shut up and stop complaining and that its a good thing that people who complain here are told to _____ off?

That posting an observation or complaint here may be amusing to the poster, but it no way means that

a. KE will listen or act upon it.
b. That we will all agree with it.
c. Observations to the contrary are no less valid
e. That because YOU feel something is "important" it needs to be endlessly rehashed.
g. You will not be told to f'off

Sammy Yousef said:
So the points I've brought up are imaginary or are a fiction? I've laid out the positives and negatives and explained why I bought the sim.

The relevance of your initial points have long since been washed away by the tirade.

Sammy Yousef said:
My commentary has been based on KE's own material and other user info (and clips) posted here.

Again speculation...

Sammy Yousef said:
You're singled out because you've gone from being a bloke that will go out of his way to help,

to one who believes users aren't part of the forum unless they're being told to _____ off and one that's being a blind yes man when it comes to KE policy.

Funny I haven't changed...

Sammy Yousef said:
This board has become an unfriendly place. I'm expecting some of you to get a clue and clean up your act.

Who made you ruler here?

Sammy Yousef said:
I'm expecting people to stop telling me what to think or express in a forum called "General discussion".

I'm expecting that you stop telling me what to say or post simply because you may dislike it.

Sammy Yousef said:
I'm expecting people here to have some manners and be honest and constructive and to be able to have an open discussion without being told to shut the _____ up by people who don't agree.

Not all discussions are "constructive", as this thread has turned into.

Then there are people the likes of Mr. BobBaker too.

Sammy Yousef said:
Go back and read what I've read. There have been plenty of positive suggestions.

Initially maybe, at this point no, just a rehash.

Sammy Yousef said:
They've been ignored.

Aw, shucks... what did you expect?

Sammy Yousef said:
Certainly more positive than telling people to _____ off.

Not anymore, the latter cuts to the chase far more quickly.

Sammy Yousef said:
If you think this is such a damned pointless tirade, why do you, or the rest of you for that matter, keep adding to it?

Maybe because you don't shut up about it?

Sammy Yousef said:
<much sarcasm>But I'm so very sorry</sarcasm> that I'm discussing things you deem don't belong here,

Good progress!

Sammy Yousef said:
Apparently I should be spending my time abusing other users I don't agree with or discussing plane design in the general user forum.

Whatever floats your boat.

Sammy Yousef said:
How the hell does any sane person justify the hypocrisy!?

Do you expect sanity in a madhouse?

Blah pweui!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back