How-to CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the sim, pull up the CS you want to upload. Click "simulation>export>CS". Go to the swap pages and on the left side of the screen theres a box to submit a file. Click the browse box to find the RFX that you exported (for me its under "documents>RF>vehicle>color schemes"). Write a description and upload.

I hope I didnt skip anything and hope it helps.

Man you guy's are Quick!

Thanks again - I've posted five of the Sea Fury's, if there's any intrest I'll post some more of them. I think they look pretty good in flight - but if the scale judges got within 10 feet they'd tear me up! If any of you are into the Sea Fury, Enjoy! Thanks again!

I loaded one of these, didn't come out so great, I thought something was wrong with my setup. Tried another one, same issue.
Rather than commenting on your entire set one at a time.
If I have any feedback is that you should work at a higher resolution, 512x512 just does not look good at all, the pixelated mess just takes away from your hard work.
Could it be that you have your graphics settings turned down real low in the Sim options?
The standard resolution most guys around here work at is 2048x2048, maybe 1024x1024 at the minimum.

Good Luck.
dh60man said:
Thanks again - I've posted five of the Sea Fury's, if there's any intrest I'll post some more of them. I think they look pretty good in flight - but if the scale judges got within 10 feet they'd tear me up! If any of you are into the Sea Fury, Enjoy! Thanks again!

Sorry guys, well I guess it's back to the drawing board! I'm not sure where i messed up, I converted the .TGA to a .BMP and repainted that image. Is there a way to enlarge that drawing to get a higher resoloution and still use it (after it's been converted back to a .TGA)? There is one other thing that may well be part of the problem. I had just downloaded Gimp and I'm not real familiar with it. So I used Gimp to convert the .TGA file to a .BMP file and then opened them up with MS Paint :eek: and repainted the drawing. In the process I lost the canopy transparencies (Big Black Bubble) which I was able to recover (after an unspecified amount of time tinkering in Gimp) before saving them back as .TGA's.
Again sorry, I'll hold off on posting any more until I get this resolved, Thanks for the input.

WoW! You did these with MS Paint!?? :eek:
That is pretty good, if you can do that with Paint I wonder how much better it will look with a proper paint package.

Yes, please do take the time to learn GIMP, your work will be much more rewarding and appreciated.
Many resources on how to use it out there (Google, Youtube, etc...)

Good Luck.

WOW! Id love o see what you could do with gimp myself. I feel pretty comfortable with it and the options are amazing compared to paint. I agree with Phrank, learn gimp. It takes some time and if I can be of assistance, let me know. I know a couple others that can help if I cant.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm looking up Gimp tutorials now. If I was able to figure out how to restore those canopies I figure I can probably start figuring my around before too long. I had a problem with the Gimp "Help" installation and it wasn't available. I'll try to get that resolved first. Do you think I should go ahead and pull the CS's I've submitted until I get them "revised"? Again, I really appreciate what you guy's are doing here and hope to join your ranks soon!

Whether you pull your CSs is up to you. But if you do post new and improved versions, make sure you pull the corresponding old ones, please.

Like I said, Any questions and my pm box is open. If I cant get you an answer, I can probably get in touch with someone who can.

I have a question.
Some of the planes I have tried to recolor/ make a new CS for are glossy. I don't often want that, so is there a way to make it less glossy?

hi when I check my paint work in coler schems I hold the mouse on it it says troy1 type tga file size 118 kb and date modified .. I used vuepro 32 to convert it to something windows paint can work with then converted back to tga when done i put it back every thing good ... then turned on g3.5 into aircraft select coler schems it did the gray dds box but the plane is all streaky .when I went back to check in vuepro32 I clicked on unzip it said unable to open then it gave me the files line files\realflightg3 \colerschems\troy1 can anyone help ? im thinking its windows couse when I open trainer it asks for administraters permission and of course I say yes, it does the same for vuepro... I don't know whats going on.

G3.5 cannot used compressed .TGA, that is why you see the streaks.
If supported on vuepro uncheck that option.

no compressed checkbox in vuepro ill look again though. I was able to do it with the pby you can see a few pages back .but that was with win xp I now have win 7. and it was a few years ago for the pby coler change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back