Issues with Radeon 5700 XT

Same here. I have a 5700xt. Sad. Does not look promising with w10 and 20.9.2. I may sell the sim.

Like honestly I know how hard game development is and I know that niche products like this have to be expensive to make any kind of profit. But paying 200$ for an experience I can't even have because the program literally doesn't work is not a very good look.

It is really frustrating that a Radeon video card has a defective driver preventing me from using a $200 flight simulator. I guess that you should have purchased a GeForce board GTX that does not currently have any problem. Please, place the blame where it should be. You have a workaround, use it for now and complain to Radeon.

It is really frustrating that a Radeon video card has a defective driver preventing me from using a $200 flight simulator. I guess that you should have purchased a GeForce board GTX that does not currently have any problem. Please, place the blame where it should be. You have a workaround, use it for now and complain to Radeon.

Wait how is this AMDs fault? All my other games work flawlessly. So if one of them doesn't it's suddenly AMDs fault?

Yes, the board worked before, they issued a driver update, the board does not work now. How is that RealFlights problem? All you have to do is a temporary driver rollback until they issue a new driver to fix the graphic board problem. Entirely the boards problem.

Wait how is this AMDs fault? All my other games work flawlessly. So if one of them doesn't it's suddenly AMDs fault?

Blaming Realflight for AMD drivers causing you to not be able to use the simulator is very short sighted and unwarranted. The simulator is a very mature platform, and has worked solidly for a very very long time. It has been around since before AMD had a GPU division at all and ATI was a separate company. It works with the most basic of modern computers nowadays and really isn't that demanding of a software for it to work.

Reading this thread just confirms the reason I got away from everything AMD years ago. They have horrible driver support for their products. I was left with a unusable Laptop when Win7 was retired, and there was no AMD video driver available for anything past Windows 7. The laptop was 1 and a half years old when I finally had to throw it away because It would overheat without the proper drivers. AMD CPU's might be okay but I'll stick with Intel and I've never ever had a issue with nVidia drivers making my computer unusable, and I like having the better less problem prone hardware in my machines.

Yes, the board worked before, they issued a driver update, the board does not work now. How is that RealFlights problem? All you have to do is a temporary driver rollback until they issue a new driver to fix the graphic board problem. Entirely the boards problem.

Because all my other games still work.
I find it very odd that despite almost every game available still working on the new AMD drivers and this being a very rare exception... That AMD is getting blamed.

How does that work? Like imagine literally every game on the planet would work on the newest AMD driver besides this game... How would that be AMDs fault? Yes they have driver problems sometimes but when almost every single game at least WORKS on the newest drivers BESIDES this game it's a really bias move to put the blame solely on AMD.

EinBick

It's actually pretty easy for a graphics company to release flawed drivers it happens when they don't do a good job of regression testing. I ran a driver quality control lab for 3dfx Interactive for a while and there's so many combinations of how to use each one of the driver api's it's not funny and when one problem is fixed it's very easy to break another area at the same time so when a problem is fixed you create a regression test that can be done quickly later to make sure that problem isn't broken in a future driver release. BUT.. as you can imagine after a while there are LOTS of regression tests so when you're pressured by management whether it be to save the money it costs or simply the time it takes to do the regression testing that part slips and often isn't done, which is how a problem like this creeps into a driver release.

If ANY ATI driver set worked with the problem you're having then it's not a fault of RealFlight because the driver fuctioned correctly. What I imagine happened is they fixed a problem in that particular API and didn't regression test it so they created another problem by fixing that problem. It happens all the time and why often you see a graphics company recommend you roll-back to an older driver to fix a problem until a new driver is released.

It worked when KE/HH released it. AMD made the change. So AMD should be the one to fix it. And BTW this is not a top tier game .. it's a simulator.

Sorry, but that is just the way software works out. If the software were bombing for a lot of people, it would be easy to point to the culprit. Several Radeon users are having the same problem and reported that rolling the driver back worked. It might be that KE cannot do anything to program around the problem. It is in the driver. Take your same gusto and point it towards AMD. They will listen when customers complain.

How would that be AMDs fault? Yes they have driver problems sometimes but when almost every single game at least WORKS on the newest drivers BESIDES this game it's a really bias move to put the blame solely on AMD.

It is completely an AMD driver issue if a rollback driver works fine with Realflight. Realflight isn't a cutting edge software, Like I mentioned, it is a very very mature platform from the early 2000's and is currently on DirectX9C. That DirectX version isn't going to change on RF9.5 and most likely not until a new Software is written which would be a new version of the software. In the meantime, I suggest that you take the issue up with AMD and find out why they are limiting support for DirectX9C software and if you still don't get any satisfaction and want to use RF9.5, Roll back to a stable driver that works or, Get a good GPU from nVidia that performs better and is completely supported on older S/W like Realflight.

I'm also unable to play 9.5 due to owning a 5700XT video card.

Can I uninstall 9.5 and reinstall 9.0 without having any activation issues so I can use the product? I don't want to try it without being sure my activation code will still work and eventually upgrade to 9.5 again.

I'm also unable to play 9.5 due to owning a 5700XT video card.

Can I uninstall 9.5 and reinstall 9.0 without having any activation issues so I can use the product? I don't want to try it without being sure my activation code will still work and eventually upgrade to 9.5 again.

Normally the registry entries stay and it doesn't even ask you to enter the serial number again. Just use the activation information you used setting it up the first time and you should be fine. I thought the issue was with both 9 and 9.5 as it's a DirectX 9 problem and not an RF version problem. Both versions use DirectX 9.

Normally the registry entries stay and it doesn't even ask you to enter the serial number again. Just use the activation information you used setting it up the first time and you should be fine. I thought the issue was with both 9 and 9.5 as it's a DirectX 9 problem and not an RF version problem. Both versions use DirectX 9.

I tried to reinstall 9.0 and the problem persists. I thought that it was 9.5 only that has the issue but I guess the last time I played on 9.0 it was on a working driver. This is frustrating to say the least.

The problem is not with Real Flight. You need to roll back your graphics card driver. The whole thread is about this. You need to re-read the thread, not just post the end.

The problem is not with Real Flight. You need to roll back your graphics card driver. The whole thread is about this. You need to re-read the thread, not just post the end.

I read the whole thread... No one else had tried to roll back to RF 9.0 which is what I was trying.

Also, I need the latest driver for other games that I play frequently. Taking 20+ minutes to uninstall and reinstall the old driver isn't acceptable.

I read the whole thread... No one else had tried to roll back to RF 9.0 which is what I was trying.

Also, I need the latest driver for other games that I play frequently. Taking 20+ minutes to uninstall and reinstall the old driver isn't acceptable.
Then you better get 2 bothering the g-board driver people.

Taking 20+ minutes to uninstall and reinstall the old driver isn't acceptable.

It comes down to the Driver is the problem so AMD needs to address the issue. Realflight was here first and I can pretty much tell you it isn't going to change overnight to address something a GPU manufacturer that is horrible when it comes to driver support breaks. AMD needs to fix their issue and that is all there is to the problem. Go green on your next GPU purchase and you won't have issues like this.

I just removed the current AMD/Adrenalin and went to 20.5.1 on my 5700 XT. Doesn't lock up and seems to work correctly.

Back