Juke

I went back this morning and made the wiring a bit thinner. Here's two pictures the first one is the thicker wires the second one is the thinner wires.

So which is best? I'm wondering if the thicker wires might be easier to see once the plane is in RealFlight looking at it in the editor.

Attachments

• Juke 14.jpg
    Juke 14.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 13
  • Juke 15.jpg
    Juke 15.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Okay thanks guys. After I added the wires I realized they were pretty thick compared to real wires so I made them thinner, but after I looked at them a bit they seemed too thin and would be hard to see in the RF editor when you look at the plane. Luckily I haven't done anything else to the plane so I'll just use the previous version of the file before I modified the wires. An easy retraction.

I guess the wiring finished at least everything's hooked up. It's hard to get a good picture but here's two renders that give a decent look.

Attachments

• Juke 19.jpg
    Juke 19.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Juke 20.jpg
    Juke 20.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
Battery pack, on/off switch, receiver, servo's, and all the linkages and wiring look great, excellent work Technoid.

Thanks everyone I'm glad you like it. I did a little work tonight I pulled the canopy back at the front and moved it forward at the rear so it lines up with the wing. I have a question. Right now the wingspan is 124 inches but I'm not sure I want it that large I was thinking about scaling it down to about 96 to 102 inches, what do you think?

I've done several things to Juke. I added another servo on each wing so there's an inboard and outboard servo for each aileron. I also added a second servo for the elevator so each half has it's own servo. There's already a pull-pull arrangement on the rudder so that's all setup. Then I did some work on the wheel wells for the retracts I created the templates I use to cut the holes so now it's time cut the holes and create the wheel wells.

Sometimes I find it hard to keep going because it's one of my own designs these days it doesn't seem worth all the time and effort it takes to create a no-name plane. I'm not sure this plane will get beyond the beta but I have to get that far so I can fly it, and a beta for you guys to try it out.

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of 3D plane guys enjoying your last effort. You just don't get the feedback.

I really appreciate your time and effort to create these fantastic models you produce.

It may be a "just a no name plane design" in your mind , but for me it will be another welcome addition to the Technoid Aviation Hangar, yet another great flying model (you never disappoint) and I will be eagerly awaiting that new beta or swap page download.

Take your time with the building process, look after your wife first.

Thanks guys I'm glad you appreciate the effort and yeah I suppose there's quite a few guys enjoying Somethin' Special. This will be a nice little plane and will have the radio gear to checkout and retracts. I thought doing the retracts without doors would make it more like a scratch built plane from back in the day. Speaking of retracts I just finished the nose gear so now I need to do the wing retracts but it's break time now so I thought I'd see what's going on here. I think I'll take some time out and play one of my old games there's an old game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R it's pretty cool you explore the exclusion zone area around the Chernobyl Nuclear power plant.

I just finished adding a wheel well to the right wing now I need to mirror it and create the left wing. It was more work than normal because first I had to create the wheel well then I had to cut the ribs that went through it and do some fixup on the rib cage. Anyway it's in now and here's a picture for you. Not much to look at really.

Attachments

• Juke 21.jpg
    Juke 21.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 9
Back