Maxum STOL

Posting it 3 times doesn't seem like an "honest mistake" - espcially since that user was asked to remove it, and re-posted it twice.
And worse than that. I got word after I reported all three of the EAs that were uploaded that there was actually 4 EAs uploaded, so I didn't see one of them.

Uncle Twist, thanks for pushing my guilt conscience button regarding the EA situation. :)

As I mentioned, I left the forum a couple of years ago because of negativity. That negativity was in the form of several members who continually belittled and insulted people who were less knowledgeable. But everyone begins as less knowledgeable, right?

Over the past couple of decades, I have spent an embarrassing amount on just about every flight sim program there is, and have a lot of experience with them. So, I wasn't a target of that behavior, but it offended me to see it. Yet, I found myself taking the same arrogant perspective in this case. Bleah!

The user has a random-looking screen name that seems to say "rookie" and he's only been on a year. His AP uploads are primitive. Unless he proves to be incorrigible, I will take a more relaxed view of someone who is making an effort, and who may eventually be a valuable member of the RF community.

Just my two cents worth.

Uncle Twist, thanks for pushing my guilt conscience button regarding the EA situation. :)

As I mentioned, I left the forum a couple of years ago because of negativity. That negativity was in the form of several members who continually belittled and insulted people who were less knowledgeable. But everyone begins as less knowledgeable, right?

Over the past couple of decades, I have spent an embarrassing amount on just about every flight sim program there is, and have a lot of experience with them. So, I wasn't a target of that behavior, but it offended me to see it. Yet, I found myself taking the same arrogant perspective in this case. Bleah!

The user has a random-looking screen name that seems to say "rookie" and he's only been on a year. His AP uploads are primitive. Unless he proves to be incorrigible, I will take a more relaxed view of someone who is making an effort, and who may eventually be a valuable member of the RF community.

Just my two cents worth.
No problem FederFlyer, I was on the receiving end of the negativity that you speak of when I first joined RF. I guess "newbies" asking for help was frowned upon by some users, one typical answer was "use the search function", but that doesn`t always work as good as implied. SO, I just kept asking, finally some better members started giving me legit answers and help. Things started getting better when I started doing CS`s, those eventually started getting better as time went on and eventually created an "EA" with much help from great members here.. I always figure it`s better to help than ridicule and/or judge people prematurely. But alas, I could be wrong, apparently he`s uploaded another EA (see above), but I`m still going to take a wait and see attitude, if I`m ultimately wrong, then, well, I was wrong. 😲 😲

I'm working on an EP version of Maxum STOL so I may not release it until I get the EP version ready, that way I can release both at the same time. I could also release them a week a part, so we'll see how it goes.

I finished the physics for the Maxum STOL EP and sent it to @rcdoski to test for me, since he did the final STOL physics for the Gas version. Once he checks it out (and does tweaks if he wants to) I'll fly it for a little while longer to make sure nothing crops up. I tend to release a little early sometimes.

Ho terminato la fisica per l'EP Maxum STOL e l'ho inviata a @rcdoski perché la testassi per me, dato che ha realizzato la fisica STOL finale per la versione Gas. Una volta che lo controlla (e apporta modifiche se lo desidera) lo farò volare ancora per un po 'per assicurarmi che non succeda nulla. Tendo a rilasciare un po' prima a volte.
Tecnoide mi dispiace per la mia pubblicazione della tua beta ma da quando l'admin Ryan mi da detto che se lo faccio di nuovo verro bannato e io non voglio.
Spero che pubblicherai altre beta che a me piace provare gli aerei in antreprima.
Mi scuso di nuovo :)

Tecnoide I'm sorry for my publication of your beta but since the admin Ryan told me that if I do it again I will be banned and I don't want to.
I hope you will post other betas that I like to try the planes in antrepre.
I apologize again :)
Thank you I appreciate that. You can't publish anyone else's work, but you can create an AV for them to make them fly the way you want and publish that. That's what AVs are for.

@tecnoide do you know an application to make liveries and planes??
I use tools that cost money but there are people here that use Blender to model a plane and GIMP for making the color scheme. Both are free to use for making planes. I don't know how to use them but do a search on the forum there are posts that talk about them.

Back