McFoamy Build thread

No problem here, just did not wanna bug you :) She is looking good!
Lots of people using 9x5 DD prop too or 9x4,7 slow fly?

I'm about ready to buy all those guys a copy of G5. Importing this into G3 is just one problem after another. First, I got my old copy of G3 back from my friend, just so I could do this for G3. Tech support would not reset the registration so I could install it on my computer. Luckily, even though tech support said it was not possible to use his info on my computer, my friend remembered his password from a couple years back when I gave him G3. I wonder if they know that G3 is far from the current version? I'm only keeping G3 long enough to get this done, and I'll never do another G3 model. Of course, the G3 to G3.5 upgrade is huge. So I installed EP4 to get the same update. I got a couple old minor errors that I saw Ryan Douglas had some discussion on, but I found no fix. So now it's installed, but I have a texture problem. Has anybody seen this before? The model should be a solid green. Saving a new colorscheme just makes a .tga with the pattern on it. The .tga file itself looks okay, but I'm guessing the .dds is getting hosed up? I lowered the res from 2048 to 1024, no joy.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 15
G3 did not support compressed .TGA textures.
Open it with your paint app, and re-save it uncompressed.

The very first thing I would try. Open the Color Schems, tga, useing Gimp, save as, replace, UNCOMPRESSED. It should be fixed.
The offer still stands, send me a Kex, I will put it in G3.5 and send it back. It took about 1 1/2 hrs to do the edit on the Dominator today.

McFoamy.................

Attachments

• ScreenShot1299814683.jpg
    ScreenShot1299814683.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 17
  • ScreenShot1299814768.jpg
    ScreenShot1299814768.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1299815132.jpg
    ScreenShot1299815132.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I eventually did Save as|uncompressed. It made no difference. Heres a screenie showing my .kex folder, and the RF-generated colorscheme folder. Is it normal to have the .tga in the G3.5 folder such a small size? The source .tga is 16k.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 7
I'll try re-exporting a .kex using your scheme, Maj. I misplaced the rudder hinge, anyway. It must be fixed.

I also intend to go line-by-line from my G5.5 version editor to set up the physics for the G3.5 version. Will that work, or will I get strange results?

On second look, I see what you're meaning. I should have said I misplaced the rudder pivot, not the hinge. That has nothing to do with the CS.

Do any of you WMPFers feel comfortable enough to give the physics a once-over before we post the EA? Obviously, I'd like to make this perform like the real thing. I'm not ready yet, but soon. Shoot me your email addy in a PM if you can help. I won't hold it against you that you're from Michigan!!

I am sure you will get some input on this! I am looking to get the 5.5 version, just to make easier on you! She is looking Great!

The G5.5 version is complete. I am to the point of being determined to figure out my G3.5 problem, though. It will not get the best of me!!

Woohoo!! Success!!!

Now I'll plug in the physics line by line from what I have in G5, and see if she flies.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 18
jeffpn said:
Do any of you WMPFers feel comfortable enough to give the physics a once-over before we post the EA? Obviously, I'd like to make this perform like the real thing. I'm not ready yet, but soon. Shoot me your email addy in a PM if you can help. I won't hold it against you that you're from Michigan!!

Send her over and I will put the designer at the helm tomorrow and we will see how she flies.

Greg Markley

West Michigan Park Flyers LLC
WMParkFlyers.com

PS ... Thanks a Ton for all your efforts.

PM me your email address. I'm slowly getting the physics set up. It seems that the dual rates work backwards in G3.5. I may post 2 versions.

Maj. Numbskully said:
WM Park Flyer..............

so i take it you want the bottom of the wings/aile solid black with white lettering????

also can you post a screeny of the esc?

EDIT:

ok base texture applied 3 more questions:

what color should the bottom of the horz. stab be?......does it have any graphics?

and how does the foams grain size look (scale wise) .are they to large? , small? , just right?

Sorry for not checking in more often, I thought I had email notification/update enabled. The bottom of the plane is white un painted except for the WMParkFlyer.com text. The bottom of the stab is unpainted as well.

Blakk on the bottom will be fine ... it will help in orientation in practice.

GM

Back