McFoamy Build thread

WM Park Flyer..............

so i take it you want the bottom of the wings/aile solid black with white lettering????

also can you post a screeny of the esc?

EDIT:

ok base texture applied 3 more questions:

what color should the bottom of the horz. stab be?......does it have any graphics?

and how does the foams grain size look (scale wise) .are they to large? , small? , just right?

Attachments

• hhhh.jpg
    hhhh.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 13
  • Srrrt.jpg
    Srrrt.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
easy fix .I............. have a micrometer :D

thanks for sending the texture flex......I guess it would be a flexture........ eh? :p

Last edited:
The foam texture looks fine.
Jeff, the prop should be a GWS 8 4 or abouts. GWS props are used with prop savers, APC props must have a prop hub, in the sim to look right. The rule is, 9" prop, and under, not a jet, or other very fast plane, use a GWS, with prop saver, (screws with O rings). O rings, (#11 or # 12), from plumbing dept at hardware store.
I sized the O rings to work with eather 8" or 9" GWS props.

I "made" the black texture for the bottom wing
PS has a Asphalt effect............ a little adjustment to the contrast and some Gaussian blur and it looks pretty good

flexible said:
the prop should be a GWS 8 4 or abouts.
I don't see a GWS prop listed as an option. Is it a G3.5 thing? I looked at a few availabilities, and the best fit for your O-ring I found is this. There's only one prop not shown, and it's not an option!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 11
ok as far as the flames on the wings go ........ which do you prefer the graduated orange flames in post #1 or the orange to black flames as in post # 5 ??

Last edited:
I REALLY need some close up pics of the receiver and ESC or at least the make model # for them both
so that maybe I can find a pic of them somewhere......that or I'll be forced to improvise

Where did the folks go who wanted this thing built?.......... as several members have donated several(understatement) hours of their "free" time already to get their request into the Sim ..
a little more cooperation in appreciation............. would be greatly appreciated ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is odd. They were steadily here for a large part of the process, and now they're gone. Solid black for those parts is fine by me, if you can't get any help or pictures. Flexible designed those parts.

well I went with orange this is where I'm at so far hows it look?

should the "top " and "Botttom" of the fuse behind the wings be white ...if so are they mapped separately? (I could check later but I gotta go to work) sorry for the lousy screeny quality but i had to enlarge them some it looks better in the sim I promise

Attachments

• tttt.jpg
    tttt.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Scrtthot.jpg
    Scrtthot.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
All of the styrofoam pieces are separately mapped. The edges are an exception. They are stacked.

This is what I used on those parts.
It is a FU TA BA receaver, he has a JR 6400 searies, with a defferant shape, so say use these .

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 9
Hey guys!
We are still here. I am checking the tread every day on progress, but have nothing to add to you creative build. Whatever you need just holler. I was being called a moo roon, so I shy away a little. :(

Attachments

• McFoamy 002.jpg
    McFoamy 002.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 11
  • McFoamy 018.jpg
    McFoamy 018.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 8
  • McFoamy 019.jpg
    McFoamy 019.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 12
Don't shy away, Eugene, I call every one moron. If you have not been called moro by me, I may not like you, hehe.

Maj. Numbskully said:
well I went with orange this is where I'm at so far hows it look?

should the "top " and "Botttom" of the fuse behind the wings be white ...if so are they mapped separately? (I could check later but I gotta go to work) sorry for the lousy screeny quality but i had to enlarge them some it looks better in the sim I promise
Looks beautiful!

Welcome back ...i think i have what i need now thanks....ya sometimes you need to just ignore flexible... We always do....just kidding flex

Back