Mig-15_real or model?

MadMonkey said:
I've only heard FTW attributed to "For The Win"... seen it hundreds of times too.

Same here, I had to look up what the other FTW was, and I can see why rjm was concerned he may have used the ugly version.

Hooray for the RF crowd ...

Good to hear that this forum is frequented mostly by solid folks interested in modeling and flying, and not in grousing about what a terrible world this is we live in. After 68 years of experimentation, I sure haven't found a better place to be (yet). Good group, here. Let's go fly! :rolleyes:

Umm, I'm new here, and maybe a little late on this thread, but I think that's a Mig-17. 3 wing fences on each wing instead of 2? Incredible pic. Love the story that goes with it. I wonder what the 'tail strike during flight' inspection requires?

Last edited:
xmech2k said:
Umm, I'm new here, and maybe a little late on this thread, but I think that's a Mig-17. 3 wing fences on each wing instead of 2? Incredible pic. Love the story that goes with it. I wonder what the 'tail strike during flight' inspection requires?
See there... I new there was SOMETHING wrong with that pic to throw off my astute powers of guestimation!

Welllll ....

xmech2k said:
A lot of us added the third fence to the 15s once the 17 proved the merit outweighed the penalties. Here's a really recent -15 that flew at Reno this year. Count the fences. :rolleyes:

Knowing who you are (and some of the things you've done) - I'll guess real - and that you probably got in trouble for doing that :)

Hey do i get a prize for being the first to say real :p

That must have been one hell of an adrenaline rush inside and outside the mig !!

Kudos to the first to stick his neck out ...

Grale said:
Hey do i get a prize for being the first to say real :p
That must have been one hell of an adrenaline rush inside and outside the mig !!
Hmmmm. Don't have a spare trophy I can send. How 'bout a pat on the back, and an invitation to stop by Mission Bay sometime, and fly with the Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego? I'll charge your batteries at no additional cost. :D

Adrenalin? I suspect that there was a lot of underwear changed that day by everyone inside and outside that cockpit. :rolleyes:

rjmanzuk said:
A lot of us added the third fence to the 15s once the 17 proved the merit outweighed the penalties. Here's a really recent -15 that flew at Reno this year. Count the fences. :rolleyes:

That's just weird seeing a MiG with Red Bull on it.

Check these out Mad,

Attachments

• elcentro06_036.jpg
    elcentro06_036.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 25
  • elcentro06_041.jpg
    elcentro06_041.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 21
  • elcentro06_044.jpg
    elcentro06_044.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 32
tnorton12000 said:
Check these out Mad,
I saw that mig at the red bull airraces. It's a bad picture though... wrong camera setting but it should look like the second picture.

Attachments

• RBAR SD 036.jpg
    RBAR SD 036.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 1285943.jpg
    1285943.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 30
Isn't there one on EP4? Not stopping you from making one available for others though...you could do it justice I know.

Back