Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

Well, a heli would be nice, BUT, I would push for the P-51A (#1) It`s a sorely needed upgrade from the old one available and we get some CS options to boot, or the Trimotor (#2) just because it`s cool AND not on the swaps..... both of which are on the list... Mapping is looking great BTW Legoman... :) :)

the Skymaster (Cessna 337) is on the swaps already and it flies alright if I remember correctly:
@legoman, did you know that it is here?

yes I knew it was there. It flies okay but it is basically a set of wings no fuses. The fuselage where so poorly shaped that if they had a non zero aero dynamic percent it was unflyable. I think six of the plane on the list are on the swaps in some form and need a "refresh" and I have done a few refreshes in the past DC-3 and B-52

That`s a cool plane, on a side note, I still haven`t mastered orbit mode UGH..!!, I`ve tried Control+E, It seems to work OK on the runway, but not in the air..???

Well, a heli would be nice, BUT, I would push for the P-51A (#1) It`s a sorely needed upgrade from the old one available and we get some CS options to boot, or the Trimotor (#2) just because it`s cool AND not on the swaps..... both of which are on the list... Mapping is looking great BTW Legoman... :) :)
I think with a little research, you will discover that the "A" series P-51 has never been modeled in any form and it's the "B-C" series that was modeled years ago.

Attachments

• A Series P-51 Mustang.jpg
    A Series P-51 Mustang.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 12
  • B Series P-51 Mustang.jpg
    B Series P-51 Mustang.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 12
I think with a little research, you will discover that the "A" series P-51 has never been modeled in any form and it's the "B-C" series that was modeled years ago.
Well you`re probably correct, I didn`t look into that close. My comment was meant to imply that we needed an upgraded version of the early Mustang that is/was (not sure) on the swaps regardless of which model/version it was. To be honest, it could have been any version to me.. (A,B or C)??? it`s been so long since I`ve seen it I don`t recall...LOL Anyway, between the three, and the untrained eye, there`s not much visually to distinguish them apart unless you`re a diehard Mustang fan, when you say Mustang these days (in a plane crowd, not car... :) ) most brains will probably go straight to the "D" version

sorry for the lack of updates. Parents are home and trying to help them as much as possible. dad is injured and mom is a little worse every month. Also, the sheer mass of AVs over the last few weeks killed me wanting to post anything. I dont want to post an EA then have it buried in a day to page two. I just need to map the YB-49 then break out the paint brushes.

I am most likely going to do bare aluminum+decals for both. does anyone have any CS's they would like to reserve? I would not mind also doing a night version for both unless someone else would rather do them. black under belly and aluminum (B-35 see a B-50) or camo (B-49 see a B-52) top

Attachments

• 2021-12-02 20_12_37-ModelConverterX - B50_01.mdl - B-50 Superfortress.jpg
    2021-12-02 20_12_37-ModelConverterX - B50_01.mdl - B-50 Superfortress.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 2021-12-02 20_11_59-ModelConverterX - 1.mdl - 1.jpg
    2021-12-02 20_11_59-ModelConverterX - 1.mdl - 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 11
sorry for the lack of updates. Parents are home and trying to help them as much as possible. dad is injured and mom is a little worse every month. Also, the sheer mass of AVs over the last few weeks killed me wanting to post anything. I dont want to post an EA then have it buried in a day to page two. I just need to map the YB-49 then break out the paint brushes.

I am most likely going to do bare aluminum+decals for both. does anyone have any CS's they would like to reserve? I would not mind also doing a night version for both unless someone else would rather do them. black under belly and aluminum (B-35 see a B-50) or camo (B-49 see a B-52) top
Thanks' for the update Legoman, First and foremost, Family comes first..... Can`t really blame you in regards to the AV`s, I`d feel the same way. As far as the CS`s go, I`m working on a CS "WHEN" I`ve got time and/or in the mood, so, no need for you to "reserve" one for me.

I looked over people's thoughts on the next plane. I am kind of feeling a "sporty" plane (rolls, loops, spins, inverted), float/seaplane, or a heli. although a casual flyer might be nice, that flies where you point it and takes two brain cells to fly, basically a scale trainer.

I know lots of people want a ford trimotor. However, it is quite low on my list almost about to fall off the bottom to make the list shorter. My enthusiasm for P-51/Mustang Mk IA (NA-91) kind of got spoiled by a little of the disagreements in the above comments. I know the earlier model mustangs (pre NA-100) are not as recognizable as the merlin powered variants. U-bird told me about his fifth scale masters Allison Mustang getting mistaken for something else (spitfire I think).
1280px-North_American_Mustang_Mk.IA_in_flight_over_California_%28USA%29%2C_in_October_1942_%28fsac.1a35324%29.jpg

I also ported a CH-53E from FSX to figure out heli building a little bit better. Spoilers it is a monster the tail rotor blades are larger than a lot of helis main rotors. The tail rotor diameter is 64 inches which would make the blades 740-780mm on the tail.
ScreenShot1638721242.jpgScreenShot1638764007.jpgScreenShot1638765169.jpg

I sure hope your enthusiasm for an early P-51 didn`t get spoiled by my comment above Legoman, I really would love to see one, as I`m sure oters would.... despite the fact and admittingly I don`t know a lot about them, (distinguishing the A,B,C models apart) I still love them as much as any D model. HA, anyone that could mistake a Mustang for a Spitfire obviously doesn`t know his warbirds...:eek::eek: I would have to agree with asj though, the CH-53E does looks fantastic...(y)(y)

Last edited:
Back