Problems entering your serial numbers?

Sounds like a USB issue. Are you plugged into a hub, or directly into the computer? Also, try unplugging all USB devices from your computer (except mouse and keyboard, if applicable) and see if your computer recognizes the Interlink. If you still have troubles, you'll have to call tech support Monday. https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=22007

Edit: I overlooked that you said G4 runs fine. Still worth trying to plug directly into a USB port without a hub. And tech support is still an option.

Last edited:
Another thing you might try is to update to the latest version of G5, using the RF launcher.

yes, the interlink is connected directly to the laptop. no hubs and nothing else connected to the other usb ports.

G4 runs fine.
When I switched to the other usb ports, windows gave me the message that the drivers were installed succesfully. so I guess that windows is recognizing the interlink.

and again, G4 keeps runing fine so Im not sure whats going on.... I think its more related to the upgrade software...

thanks!

If it were a problem with the software, we'd all be experiencing your problem. My G5 upgrade software installed without your issue.

Try installing the G5 software on a different computer, just as a test. You need not install G4 first. The upgrade software is the whole G5 program, without the Interlink.

I forgot my online registration stuff and with out it I can't update, is there anyway Knife Egde can send it to me?

Hi guys I am having problems trying to register G5.5. After typing in the serial numbers I get this message:

Errors detected:

* Serials and Activation Key should be comprised of only letters and numbers. Please remove any punctuation marks or special characters and try again.

I have tried a couple of times and still the same message, any ideas?

MT

The most likely thing you're doing is adding a space somewhere like the begining or the end of your serial.

wombat said:
Hi guys I am having problems trying to register G5.5. After typing in the serial numbers I get this message:

Errors detected:

* Serials and Activation Key should be comprised of only letters and numbers. Please remove any punctuation marks or special characters and try again.

I have tried a couple of times and still the same message, any ideas?

MT

It means type only the letters and numbers, leave out anything that isn't. :confused:

Don't you have to get the serial typed in correctly for the reg button to even work?
(I mean turn from being grayed out to actually working)

It seems that members being accepted to the forums before they can post is not keeping the spammers away anymore. :( Do we really need to have links in signatures?

RF G5.5 on a Mac Pro

Hi KE & members,

As this is the thread for problems entering serial numbers, my dilemma may fall in this category... or may not!

Got RF-5.5 as a birthday present :D but don't have a decent PC that is capable of running the software.

However, I do have a Mac Pro (mid 2010) & have been using a program called 'CROSSOVER PRO' & 'CROSSOVER GAMES' to run PC software.
It's tiny, doesn't need to be dual booted & runs from within OSX making this a ripper of a program.

Having had success running numerous PC software with 'CROSSOVER' on my Mac, I installed RF-5.5 & everything went well up to the point
where I enter the serial numbers for RF & Interlink Elite controller. When I hit 'OK' to activate the program & interlink controller,
the program comes back & asks me to enter the serial numbers :confused: (see attached pic).

No matter how many times I repeat this procedure it always asks for the serial numbers.

I understand this may also be a problem with 'CROSSOVER' or the fact that I'm trying to run RF on a Mac, but I'm not keen on 'BOOTCAMP'
or 'PARALLELS' as they are bulky and a drain on the system... and I don't know if it's worth buying these programs just for one application.

Any help would be welcome as I love RF and can't wait to get it going on my Mac...

:)

Attachments

• RF5.5-SN&ILink-request.jpg
    RF5.5-SN&ILink-request.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 12
BootCamp is the only supported way to run RF on a Mac. Even if you could get your serials entered with your current setup, you'd probably have DirectX issues, and a problem with your Mac recognizing your Interlink.

Help Please!

Hello! I Update my computer and I wanted to install the RealFlight and could not, not if I do not remember well my pasword.
What says the system to me on having registered the program is that my this password badly.

I already send an email to rfsupport@greatplanes.com but had no response from support, that was two days ago!!! :(

My Name: Israel Montoya Ayala
Email: crackup007@hotmail.com

Last edited:
We're just customers here. We can't help with serial numbers or passwords. You need tech support to help you.

Back