Problems entering your serial numbers?

I just checked my RF G5. I'm running 5.00.27 and when I click "Update to latest Rev" it says that I have the latest version already, yet you say that Version 5.00.32 is now on the streets.

I put the LauncherHelper into the Common Files>Knifeedge as directed and then asked G5 to update again, but the update failed.

Did I do something wrong, uncover a bug, or was the system temporarily overloaded or down?

Thanks,

Bob

Ryan Douglas said:
Are you stuck at the dialog shown in the attached picture? Have you entered your serial numbers but the OK button is still disabled?

InterLink serial numbers have the format xxxxxxx-I2-xxxxxx or xxxxxxx-I3-xxxxxx, depending on which version of InterLink you have. That middle part, which goes in the box circled in red in the attached picture, contains a capital letter 'I', not the number one.

This can be very confusing for new users. That 'I' is the only letter in a string of numbers, and in the font used for the labels there are no bars across the top and bottom of the letter's stem. We will improve the serial number entry dialog in future versions to eliminate this potential difficulty. In the meantime, if you see people with this problem (there will be others), please refer them to this post.

Wow, I got excited that you described my problem. However, the solution doesn't activate the "OK" button. I changed the "1" to "I" and I still can't get the OK button to activate so I can enter the serial number.

My version is G5

Any ideas??

Funny how many people in the sw business post here. Stick it out, though. It's a good sim.

jeffpn said:
Funny how many people in the sw business post here. Stick it out, though. It's a good sim.

Thanks.

Question, I just noticed the title to the link you suggested mentions no C: drive.

In fact, I do have a C: drive....what gives?

Thomas

I knew that. I was just trying to find some sort of help for you, and it partially applied to your situation. I was hoping it'd help you, anyway.

jeffpn said:
I knew that. I was just trying to find some sort of help for you, and it partially applied to your situation. I was hoping it'd help you, anyway.

Thanks...I'll follow the procedure anyway and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work I'll cross my fingures and call their CS group .

jeffpn said:
That'll make it tough to dial! ;)

Ok, I think this may be my bad. My Internet connection was not active while I was attempting to enter the serial number (my son had taken down the link and I didn't notice it was down). I believe this was why the "OK" button was not activated.

Once I brought the Internet link back up and accessed the serial number entry screen again the "OK" button activated automatically.

However, I definitely would have fallen prey to the issue with the "I" vs "1" had I not found this Internet site. The "I" shows up like "l" when printed on the controller label (easily mistaken for the number 1).

FYI, I used the sim for several hours last night and my first impressions are very good.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Actually, an internet connection (or lack thereof) won't have any effect on the ability of the OK button to become enabled once it detects valid serial numbers. It will only affect the outcome of the activation step that happens after you click OK. Even though I'm sure you were very careful when entering the numbers, the likeliest explanation is a mistake somewhere in one of the numbers, and the timing with the Internet connection was just a coincidence.

At any rate, I'm glad you're now up and running!

The whole situation with the "I" is regrettable. Current versions of the software will accept a "13" or even an "l3" (ell) and silently convert it to "I3" to prevent any more users from getting stuck here, but anyone who has the initial release version (5.00.018) still needs to enter "I3" before the serial numbers will be authorized.

Hey guys,

I just received my new copy of G5 today. Everything looks awesome except...

I can't upgrade my version to play on multi. When I try to upgrade, the launcher tells me that my serial number is not authorized and to contact support. Keep in mind I already have G4.5 on my computer upgraded from G4 2 years ago and my original Interlink. Before anyone asks, yes my computer is connected to the internet and I am using my G4 Interlink. Also this is the full version and not the upgrade. (I accidentally backordered the wrong package so now I have an extra Interlink, anyone want one for sale? lol)

What's the problem?

Thank you in advance!

I actually read the forum here before getting G5 and made sure to input I3. I don't think it can be a serial number problem because then I wouldn't have been able to play the "game" at all. The issue seems to be that the server's not letting me register for updates.

Either the registration server is down, or you have an issue that can only be fixed by tech support.

Yak,

Give them a call. They can check the serial for you right there on the phone. It takes seconds. They can manual input your serial numbers and give you a return code key to get you running right then.

Chris McVey

I about had a heart attack when I went to reinstall after rebuilding my system, and part of the SN on the Interlink was wiped off!! And the hang up was I couldn't tell what the number behind the I was, but after researching, I found out it was either a 2 or a 3 - I had been trying to enter a 5!! I have a good commercial labler that the print won't rub off, and immediately put one with the SN for the Interlink on the Interlink AND in the SW box!

Something to think about :)

Back