PX-51

I didn't want to post this in the Steam thread Ryan is replying too. I plan on updating one PC to Steam I have RF9.5 on. That will give me the files I need to MANUALLY update my disc version. I've done updating this way before and it has worked fine. I doubt they will approve of this method for obvious reasons.
That might work, but what would happen to your disc version PC if it went online, would RF/HH automatically apply the updates, now that you have a registered Steam Key. (lots of "what if" questions).
Hopefully the software will work flawlessly on Steam and dispel all these fears we have.

That might work, but what would happen to your disc version PC if it went online, would RF/HH automatically apply the updates, now that you have a registered Steam Key. (lots of "what if" questions).
Hopefully the software will work flawlessly on Steam and dispel all these fears we have.
I think the software will work perfectly on Steam I have no doubt about that part. But Steam has Auto Updates to keep your software current so if they decided to drop the ability to create user aircraft you'd lose the ability to create your own planes when the next update happened. That's why I'm hesitant to go with Steam for my RF9.5 install. I've used Steam for a long time it works fine and the auto update feature is very nice and keeps you updated anytime you start a game. It checks for an update and applies it before the game starts.

Here I go again. I wished I had reworked the fuselage on the PX-51 to be shaped more like the real plane so I started on a new version this morning. (P-51D Mustang EP). The fuselage from the canopy forward has a much greater drop off (top and bottom) than it should have so I decided to fix that and also add a few scale cues. So that's what I've been working on this morning. I want to add an airfoil to the hstab and vstab and a seat back to dress it up a little. And maybe the antenna mast like the Spitfire has and improved landing gear. It's just something to do, no big deal. But I want to fly it so that's what I'm working on instead of starting something new.

I guess the booster shot side effects kicked in today I've been so tired all night the only thing I could do was lay in bed and get up every now and then to use the restroom. And besides that I can't seem to get interested in doing any modeling. I started that project to rework the PX-51 but after I worked on it a little I haven't been interested in doing any more to it. So I'm not sure whether I'll do it or not. I think I'm in a state of limbo.

Well after a hard night I do feel better today so maybe I'm over that part but sometimes these things only happen at night so I'll see how it goes tonight.

On another note I did get enough energy to remap the fuselage I reworked to make the nose look like it should so who knows maybe I'll end up working on it after all. I still need to do the 1x1 mapping on the modified fuselage so there's still some work to do on that part. I just wanted to see if it makes that much difference and if it does I might do some other tweaks like I mentioned. (hstab vstab airfoil and improved gear)

So far no problems with the older AMD PC and Win 11 running RF9.5. It has built in Radeon graphics. It did take it a little long to detect my KMS server so I might change it over to a local key. I don't think I'll be updating my main PC for a long time. I just wanted one to play with Win 11 on that doesn't matter what happens to stuff. I plan on using this PC for changing over to Steam also. Nice to see a couple people grabbed my altered dll. If you want to do the edit for yourself just remove all the code lines that reference TPM.
I have been running Windows 11 on my main PC (I-7 cpu GTX 2080 video card) since it came out in April (Windows Insider Version) and yes I am happy with the new Windows software, works perfectly with Rf 9.5 and RF-X, and no problems importing swap pages files or my own 3DS Max created files.

Well two things. First I started feeling much worse as the day went by and by evening I felt almost as bad as I did last night but then I started feeling better as the night went by so hopefully this is going away. Second I'm going to dump the rework on the PX-51 I finished the fuselage and it does look somewhat better but the plane is already released and people are making color schemes for it so I'm just going to leave it alone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, maybe nothing.

Well that sucks. I wonder why you have such a bad reaction. Genetics maybe.

I'm spending the day doing nothing but playing on the computer and browsing the internets. I'm working on a 32-bit Windows 11 (for those uninformed Win 11 is officially only 64 bit). It'd be "fun" to put it on something really old like a Pentium 4. Seems they are loading Edge now with tons of bloatware like the buy now pay later junk they built in.
When I was younger I got the flu every year so bad I was off work for a week. Then when I started taking the Flu vaccine I would just get it sometimes and a milder case. But luckily my wife never gets the flu. Her health is terrible otherwise but she never gets the flu she'd take care of me and never get it. So it doesn't surprise me I get complications from the covid vaccine.

PowerfulVillainousAfricangroundhornbill-small.gif

"I'm feeling much better now"

Hope that cheers you up. I know some of the younger ones won't remember that.
and for those of us, like me, who don't recognize that...
?

Remember when I started reworking the PX-51 fuselage to make it look a little better and then stopped? Well I started working on it again but this time I'm converting it to a P-51C fuselage so it has the turtle deck and will have a canopy similar to the P-40. I didn't want to waste the work I put into it so I thought I'd make a P51-C. I need something to do and I just can't get interested in starting a whole new project right now. I don't have any pictures of what I've done so far but here's a picture of the plan.

P-51C Plan.jpg

Good to hear. Give this a try if you're bored (or anybody else). It actually flies quite well for being sized up to 1500 o_O ... I was shocked too. I only did it because of there being a new one on RF9.5S. I fixed the load error. I tried fixing the wheels popping through but gave up as it caused other problems with the physics. The Black Bunny CS does the best job of hiding it.

It requires this: F-14 Tomcat
Thanks I'll give it a look.

Back