RAF SE5a

Your sure these setting are right on export. just checking because I don't remember ever encountering this issue

Here's what the export dialog box looks like and the units is set to automatic.

Attachments

• Export FBX.jpg
    Export FBX.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 5
Well I just finished doing the angle stripe fix and like usual (thank God) it always works. So at least I have the dihedral finished and can modify the physics and look at the mapping. But it seems like I will need to remap the wings because of this I had to add a cut in the wing and then angled it up from there so it seems like the mapping would be off because of that.

Ha.. the SE5 always looked like a flapping bird to me but I guess it's grown on me because now it looks okay, or at least the way it's suppose too.

I started remapping the wings today and got them mapped and did the 1x1 mapping on the top wing. So now I need to do the 1x1 mapping on the bottom wing and update the color scheme and spec map TGA files. So quite a bit of work still to do to get it back where it was before. But at least it will look right now.

I finished the rest of the mapping this morning and just finished updating the color scheme and spec map and adding the dihedral to the physics. I also took a bit of time and tweaked the color scheme a little too. So right now I'm taking a close look at it to see if I messed anything up. I don't think I'm going to release it this weekend since I've done so much work on it I want to fly it for a while and make sure I don't find anything wrong. I have to admit after adding the dihedral it does look better it just didn't look like an SE5a without the dihedral. I think the plane turned out pretty nice so I wanted it to look the part.

I finished the rest of the mapping this morning and just finished updating the color scheme and spec map and adding the dihedral to the physics. I also took a bit of time and tweaked the color scheme a little too. So right now I'm taking a close look at it to see if I messed anything up. I don't think I'm going to release it this weekend since I've done so much work on it I want to fly it for a while and make sure I don't find anything wrong. I have to admit after adding the dihedral it does look better it just didn't look like an SE5a without the dihedral. I think the plane turned out pretty nice so I wanted it to look the part.

It sure is a good looking plane. If you want opinions/testing you know where to send it :).

I guess we'll do one more beta and let everyone check it out after I added the dihedral. Give it a look and let me know if you find anything wrong.

GUNS: Channel 8 Switch Away From You
SMOKE: Channel 7
BRAKES: Activated using Up Elevator

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Right

Attachments

• RAF SE5a 13.jpg
    RAF SE5a 13.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13
  • RAF SE5a_EA.RFX
    2 MB · Views: 16
nice thanks technoid just grabbed your beta SE5a it looks excellent and flys as it should the dihedral is right for this plane gives it the correct look and flight

Last edited:
Had lots of fun going around my target airport shooting things that explode. Love the sight. :)

Nice day here so I'm also out flying my helis every now and then.

Edit: I got a little bored with the color so made a few changes to have something else:

Attachments

• ScreenShot1567885280.jpg
    ScreenShot1567885280.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
HA. I got up today and was thinking about releasing the SE5a until I realized it was Friday the 13th.. no thank you, so tomorrow it is.

Real Flite 9

Great looking SE5a!

You guy's keep building great looking models and I'll have to update to Real Flite 9.

By the way legoman, i'm still tinkering around with wings 3d but going to leave the real modeling to you guys.

Ya'll build and I'll fly'em! :D

Thanks Technoid for the GREAT SE5a, I just grabbed it and will be flying it later on tonight, thanks again!

It need a "Red Baron" kind of look so I'm tinkering with a red CS. Still deciding what shade. I'm thinking a bit darker.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1568660554.jpg
    ScreenShot1568660554.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back