Rating Misuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

guest_jo

Rick delten was banned for misusing the rating system.
Could anyone please ban the new idiot who`s rating any plane with a 1 ? Please ...

Actually I'll rate ANY plane that has been ripped off w/o the owner's permission as a "1"... or a repost of a plane that has been removed at the originators request.

That includes posting EA's w/o crediting the actual creators.

If you can't figure out who made the plane, DON'T POST IT!

---

Then there are those ( who I shall not name ) that use multiple logins to ratchet up their own ratings...

I just wonder why KE will not redesign the voting system so at least it is not anonymous ?
It has been brought up so many times since I joined.
I am sure it would improve credibility ....

Andrzej

Just throw a little gas on the fire...

How about an age restriction on voting rights? It sure appears that there are some without the age (or maturity) to handle the responsibility of being honest.

It would work if there was any way of age verification but in reality, one can log on as 100 years old ... :D and vote.

I was thinking more of a system that uses a driver's license or credit card for verification, something that a minor would not have. The only problem with external verification for web sites is that it costs $$$ to implement.

Your idea of making it non-anonymous, and possibly allowing actual comments to go along with the rating, would be more practical.

I understand , I wish KE would do that but benefits versus costs ratio would be a major factor here .... let's just keep bringing the subject up and hope for some hanges in the near future :)

How about this since the there have been So many problems with the rating system. Just get rid of it! I have never used the rating system or allowed it to be a determining factor of whether or not I download a plane, ever. And as for the whiners griping about being rated a one. Grow up! Not everyone is going to like what you have created. The rating is supposed to be a personal opinion of the model in question. And I know we have some awesome artist on here, But if they or anyone else see flaws in the design and think it deserves the a rating of one then so be it. If you can't stand the chance you may receive negative criticism don't post your model! Because if someone does'nt like it they very well may rate it a one.
*Rant over*

I am just sick and tired of seeing people whine about this. If you like the model from the swap pages Keep it. If you don't delete it. If you think there could be improvements take it up personally with the person who made it, or fix it for yourself.
-Andrew Powers

Andrew,

It is not just the way you see it, many people can take a criticism very well but they want to know what others do not like in the design or what they misswed so they can improve it in the future ... is that acceptable or whining in your opinion?

I can take 1 or zero if it was allowed but I would like to know what I missed so next time I get at least 2 :D
I hope you understand, of course voting is expressing personal opinion and one can dislike everything .... but why not to say it up front instead of hiding?

I would never whine about having my model rated low but if I spend my time and give it for free to others to enjoy, I would like to know if my efforts are welcome and if not , why ?

Andrzej

Like I said I have never used the rating system. and yes if there is a major problem with the model It should be brought up with the maker. However you cannot call rating a model what you feel it deserves "Ratings Misuse".
As this topic was started like this.

Today 05:44 AM
guest_jo Rick delten was banned for misusing the rating system.
Could anyone please ban the new idiot who`s rating any plane with a 1 ? Please ...

So I am an idiot if I rate any plane a 1?

IMHO - No one who puts in a real effort to create and submit a model deserves a 1 and if it does, then the creator deserves to know the reasons. A little sensitivity training would help too. :rolleyes:

Then perhaps KE could place a comment box along with the ratings system, or perhap they will grow tired or using bandwith for people whining about the ratings system, But then if it was'nt there someone would certainly gripe about there not being a ratings system. Just be glad they are even providing a swap page. We could all be footing the bill ourselves and having to run our own sites at our own expense.

I suspect that KE uses this forum to gauge their market, and running this forum is their cost of doing business. If they close this, they can be assured that the people that spend $$$$$ will be looking at alternatives. We (us the users) are doing them a favour for being here and participating. I'm sure to KE this is a cheap solution to surveys, technical support, bulk mailing, marketing, etc. This site saves them $$$$ in man power and resources.

FWIW - I don't really care about the rating system anymore.

lylo said:
FWIW - I don't really care about the rating system anymore.
That's the most sense I've seen in this thread. Modelers, generally speaking, your efforts are well appreciated. Hijacked uploads not withstanding, I'm betting that other modelers would never rate an aircraft anywhere near a 1.

I Myself would never rate any aircraft a 1 as well. I have attempted many times to create my own models and trust me none of them turned out well. I can however create Colorschemes so that is what I stick to. But I digress. I have never cared for the rating system. but it is there none the less for people to express their opinion. and if someone feels a model rates a 1, then that is their opinion. As I said before I pay no attention to the ratings. I show my opinion with the delete button. If I download it and don't like it away it goes. If I feel it has potential I will try to tweak it myself and/or make suggestions to the creator. I am just tired of all the drama threads "OMG someone rated my model a 1! Delete him please!" That I keep seeing. They expressed their opinion. If you don't agree fine, but it is still their opinion and they have the right to express it. To ask for them to be deleted is just childish IMHO.

-Andrew Powers

Personally I'm a modeler who has many unique planes on the swaps and I fully welcome any criticism good or bad (and I'm sure that I speak for most modelers here). I know that some of these aircraft are not for everyone and many may not like them (or even be able to fly them correctly). In any case, don't be a spineless jellyfish: Speak up and say so. As anyone who has ever found a problem with one of my designs will tell you, I use the feedback to improve the product AND I then publicly credit them with spotting the error or short coming. I'm not going to argue with you or try to get you to change the rating, but I would like to know why you didn't like it because maybe there is something I could do to make it better for everyone.

Any way that's getting way off subject. The whole purpose of this thread is because it has become overwhelmingly obvious that someone is deliberately misusing the system and giving ALL new aircraft abnormally low ratings regardless of the model's quality.

Just my 2 cents worth...

arb6591 said:
I just wonder why KE will not redesign the voting system so at least it is not anonymous ?
It has been brought up so many times since I joined.
I am sure it would improve credibility .... Andrzej

This is something I 100% agree apon.

dhk79 said:

How about an age restriction on voting rights? It sure appears that there are some without the age (or maturity) to handle the responsibility of being honest.

This is something 75% agree. I was thinking this would be a solution to fix alot of things on here (age restricting the whole site), but then I realized this wouldnt be fair to other younger members. There are only a select few of the younger generation that i personlly dont feel are mature enough to handle this forum. Dishonesty is something I really do not tolerate. There are a few without a doubt talk themselves up about with what they can do, or what aircraft, equipment or software they have that it is just not believeable (especially when it costs many of thousands of dollars and they arent even old enough to have a job). I fly:
Parkzone Typhoon
Great Planes Lancair
3 Zagi's (1slope & 2 electric pushers 48"&30")
and im building a:
Ultrafly P-51 (will take for ever to finish cause we are having a baby tomorrow lol)
If this is not cool enough for some people then tuff noogies on them!!! :p

All in all, I feel we should either have the names attached to the ratings and a place to comment or remove the ratings all together. I dont see any other way to fix the situation. KE im sure will work on this problem but it will take time. Until then, "Cant we all just get along?" :D

dhk79 said:

I hate to say it, but while I think in some cases this would help, certain younger members for example Ryan Archer are certainly excellent members of the community and vote sensibly and fairly.

Granted. I agree that there are many responsible younger members who could vote honestly. These individuals could therefore be sponsored by senior members.

Anyway it is very unlikely to happen due to the cost involved. I just threw the idea out as an extreme suggestion to fuel the discussion.

Devil's advocate so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back