RealFlight 6 the latest in realism

brields said:
What radio? I don't understand how the whole thing works.

Step 1. Buy RealFlight
Step 2. Buy an R/C Transmitter
Step 3. Use the cable from the RealFlight box to hook up the transmitter (from Step 2) to the Interlink included in RealFlight (from Step 1).

It's important you don't skip any steps. Where are you in the process?

Jim

Actually it is

Step 1. Buy RealFlight
Step 2. Buy an R/C Transmitter
Step 3. Put transmitter into PPM mode. e.g as you would for buddy boxing.
Step 4. Use the cable from the RealFlight box to hook up the transmitter (from Step 2) to the Interlink included in RealFlight (from Step 1).
Step 5. Check that transmitter is working in Realflight and assign channels.
Step 6. Adjust (edit) models as necessary to work with your new transmitter.

Step 7. Discover that it's just not worth the grief ( unless you are practicing for competition ) and go back to using the Interlink.

Is there a potential can of worms here? The RF6 upgrade says that G4 and up users can use it. The G5 upgrade is for G3 and up. If a G3 user upgraded to G5, can he upgrade to G6? The real question is, can a G3 Interlink be used as the primary controller for RF6?

(Neither was this one.)

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
Is there a potential can of worms here? The RF6 upgrade says that G4 and up users can use it. The G5 upgrade is for G3 and up. If a G3 user upgraded to G5, can he upgrade to G6? The real question is, can a G3 Interlink be used as the primary controller for RF6?

(Neither was this one.)

Sort of a gray area here, I guess, because I'm not sure if the license allows users to upgrade from G3, and there might not be an official promise of support, so I'm not encouraging anyone to do it.

However, while we haven't fully tested it, we aren't aware of any reason why it wouldn't work, and we discovered no bugs in what testing we did.

The thing is the Interlink Elite is a lot better than the Interlink Plus, and I think on that basis alone if you have G3 we strongly recommend you purchase RF6 outright.

Jim

I agree with you on the improved Interlink. Also, what about somebody who wants the RF6 software and the new Interlink without a MegaPack? Is there a price for that? A previous customer who already has all the Expansion Packs probably wouldn't want either MegaPack.

phrank said:
An upgrade to an upgrade? :eek:
Thats just weird.

(this post has not been cleared by Dane)

All I have to say is "Screw You Phrank" I'm done and out with KE, their products and their forum. Now back to the phrank and jeffpn forums for the rest of the sheep here.

Can't think of why anyone would still want to carry over their G3 Interlink, that would probably be quite unreliable by now.
I remember having to do some repairs on mine while I owned it.

I would be surprised if the activation still allowed it.

phrank said:
Can't think of why anyone would still want to carry over their G3 Interlink, that would probably be quite unreliable by now.
I remember having to do some repairs on mine while I owned it.

I would be surprised if the activation still allowed it.

$50 vs $200 for my cheap ***. But I gotta wonder. If I upgrade from G3 and my Interlink becomes "broken" at some point. can I get a new one for some price or am I stuck with an old one at some other price?

I know what the answer should be. You can get a new one for $150.... :)

Regards
Michael

sloflyer said:
After you guys work out who gets top billing. Are you still going to keep the Knife Edge Forums name? :D

Yeah it will be called the "Beany and Cecil Forums"... :D

"Time to build that guided Muscle!".

Attachments

• bandc.gif
    bandc.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
Back