RealFlight 9 is coming soon!

• Input channels are the switches, knobs, and gimbals.
  • Receiver channels are what the input channels use to send the signal to the airplane from the transmitter
  • Software radio (which I could not find today any more to double check) determine whether it is direct pass through from input channel to receiver (I think)

Here's a picture of why I said Software Radio or Receiver Channel is the same thing. The drop down list is titled Software Radio and that's where you create the channels you need to control the plane - So the software radio IS the receiver channels. And yeah the input channels are the actual controls and switches.

Attachments

• Software Radio.jpg
    Software Radio.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 27
Here's a picture of why I said Software Radio or Receiver Channel is the same thing. The drop down list is titled Software Radio and that's where you create the channels you need to control the plane - So the software radio IS the receiver channels. And yeah the input channels are the actual controls and switches.

sorry I thought you were referring to the old direct pass through switch from older real flights and it was called "use software radio" with a yes or no option

Hello,
If I download RF9 and order the serial number, is it compatible with my radio JETI connected in USB as with Aerofly ?
else, is it compatible with the old RF7 dongle ?
thank you

Last edited:
As long as Windows recognises this as a joystick you should be fine with RF8 or RF9. Should work the same as it does with Aerofly RC7 or RC8;

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/12250-interfacing-rc7-with-jeti-ds16/

Probably best to find it in your windows control panel/device and printers, then check its properties and calibrate it beforehand. Then run through the RF9 calibration to map your channels.

To be honest, I think you will be a lot better off in the long run spending the extra $80 and get the DVD Interlink DX combo. If your PC does not have a DVD player you can get an external one. for ~$20.

Than you Tom C.
I do not think to use a radio held with the thumbs because I pilot with a desk and that's why I use a old Graupner MC18 radio and my Jeti DC14.

Than you Tom C.
I do not think to use a radio held with the thumbs because I pilot with a desk and that's why I use a old Graupner MC18 radio and my Jeti DC14.

Na, you just use those old controllers because you are too cheap to buy the Interlink DX controller, lol! Just kidding, use whatever makes you happy. Cheers.

??? you can put RF DX Radio on the table

I do not understand the thumb comment. You can lay the DX radio on the desk and fly with your fingers. The reason to use the new DX radio is that it is much better aligned with the software. Otherwise, you will be messing with the radio settings all the time. For $100, it is worth using the "radio" around which the software is designed. Of course, you are more than welcome to use any device you choose.

Thank you Tom C.

Last edited:
Ryan, can somebody just put the issue a few of us have with RFX to rest and why you abandoned it and just put an end to the speculation. I have purchased 5 versions of Realflight and all the controllers along the way so I deserve an explanation as do a few others? Thanks

Ryan, can somebody just put the issue a few of us have with RFX to rest and why you abandoned it and just put an end to the speculation. I have purchased 5 versions of Realflight and all the controllers along the way so I deserve an explanation as do a few others? Thanks

Yes, so many are guessing that RFx is abandoned and there's no voice to the contrary. It would be great to hear it if there's something new coming.

Not everyone dissed x. Some of us saw it as a bud that could grow into something great... and we defended it as such against the complainers. Please tell us something.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize it was officially discontinued. Just caught up on that & read thru the RFx forum. Dissapointed.

Last edited:
Yes, so many are guessing that RFx is abandoned and there's no voice to the contrary. It would be great to hear it if there's something new coming.

Not everyone dissed x. Some of us saw it as a bud that could grow into something great... and we defended it as such against the complainers. Please tell us something.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize it was officially discontinued. Just caught up on that & read thru the RFx forum. Dissapointed.

I wish Knifedge would put it onto Steam as an early access title and keep up the development... Accuflight2 have managed to create a good following and RFX is still better than Accuflight overall even as RFX in its half finished state. Cmon Knifeedge you can rehack RF 7 over and over so how about just trying some incremental development on Steam?

Last edited:
Hi,

Hi,

Its properly stated somewhere in this forum already, but struggling to find it..so wonder if any
could confirm if my original(RF7) controller from RF7.x will be supported with this v9 ?

My Controller is a "Interlink Link Elite Controller Edition" for RF 7.

* If yes, does this mean I can buy this pacage "Software Only RFL1101 $99.99", and nothing
else is needed or need(registrations ++) to be done ?

Please advise

Brgds
Soren

Last edited:
Hi,

Thx for confirming controller is supported

/S

Yes its supported but RF9 without the new controller is not a great result. I bought the steam edition and had to wait for my new DX and I would go far as to say with helicopters RF 9 and the old eleite controller was hopeless. It was like there was some huge deadband that created pilot induced oscillations. There are some software changes to adapt to the finer resolution of the new controller that just makes it a totally unsatisfactory experience even using the old RFX interlink . You need to upgrade .

Yes its supported but RF9 without the new controller is not a great result. I bought the steam edition and had to wait for my new DX and I would go far as to say with helicopters RF 9 and the old eleite controller was hopeless. It was like there was some huge deadband that created pilot induced oscillations. There are some software changes to adapt to the finer resolution of the new controller that just makes it a totally unsatisfactory experience even using the old RFX interlink . You need to upgrade .

Not sure what's happening here, I use the Elite controller and have no issues with helis.:confused:

I disagree, I just spent the last hour flying RF-9 with an old Interlink Elite controller. I did not experience any deadband what so ever(helicopters, Planes, Jets, Multirotors). I think that the OP either has a problem with his hardware, or it is not properly set up. I found the game to be completely useable with an Old Interlink Elite (ver 4,5,6,7,8) controller. Most likely this is a user calibration/setup problem.

It should work, otherwise all the other game controllers would not work. I have the Interlink-X and the Interlink-DX. Yes I like the DX controller. Getting rid of the futaba influence was a good thing. If you don't have the cash, it will work.

I have tested the three-way flight mode switch on two aircraft, Heli-Sinergy 766, and Octocopter 1000. I have all three flight modes available and working correctly. I am un-able to guess what aircraft are not working. You cannot just come on this forum and say that something is not working without providing some repeatable parameters.

I find NOTHING wrong with using Interlink Elite flight controller with RealFlight 9.

I have not tested any more than 10 aircraft, so my results are limited as are yours. If you want to continue, provide aircraft names and the flying field used. I do not guarantee any more testing on my part.

I have tested the three-way flight mode switch on two aircraft, Heli-Sinergy 766, and Octocopter 1000. I have all three flight modes available and working correctly. I am un-able to guess what aircraft are not working. You cannot just come on this forum and say that something is not working without providing some repeatable parameters.

I find NOTHING wrong with using Interlink Elite flight controller with RealFlight 9.

I have not tested any more than 10 aircraft, so my results are limited as are yours. If you want to continue, provide aircraft names and the flying field used. I do not guarantee any more testing on my part.

Ya, you are correct mate, as usual, lol! The good old Interlink Elite controller works fine with both RF8 and RF9. I just tested mine (RF7 version) out to confirm. I deleted the wrong info I posted about this.

I think I had a senior moment (having too many of these lately). What I meant to point out was that while the new Spektrum Interlink DX works great with RF9 it does not work as well with RF8. I do think that the Interlink DX feels a little more solid with RF9, but there is not a lot in it imho. Probably depends on how old and worn out your Interlink Elite controller is.

In RF8, using the new Interlink DX you lose one of the flight modes on the top right 3-way. When you try to calibrate it you are only able to map it as a 2-way. I brought this up with KE a few months ago and was told that this is because RF9 was optimised for the Interlink DX while RF8 is not. I'm not sure whether or not using the Interlink Elite limits any of the functions of some of the RF9 HH Safe aircraft because I never fly them.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the correction mate.

Last edited:
Interlink DX and RF-8HH Does Not Work For Me

I am unable to create a controller setup and calibration when trying to use the new DX controller with the RF8HH edition of the software.

It was pretty much a total fail trying this. It is expected that new hardware might not work with older software.

It means to me that I will hang on to all three controllers that I own. I do not own the early RF3 controller.

I disagree, I just spent the last hour flying RF-9 with an old Interlink Elite controller. I did not experience any deadband what so ever(helicopters, Planes, Jets, Multirotors). I think that the OP either has a problem with his hardware, or it is not properly set up. I found the game to be completely useable with an Old Interlink Elite (ver 4,5,6,7,8) controller. Most likely this is a user calibration/setup problem.

It should work, otherwise all the other game controllers would not work. I have the Interlink-X and the Interlink-DX. Yes I like the DX controller. Getting rid of the futaba influence was a good thing. If you don't have the cash, it will work.

Well maybe my gimbals are worn out on my old elite as I certainly find it doesn't feel as connected to my inputs compared to the DX . I feel a small lack of resolution but that may be worn out gimbals. Either way the DX has a better feel and weight and certainly the 3 position switches and being a HID controller puts it way ahead.

Back