Request RF6 Aircraft Here

No one need to make a whole new model to accomplish this. Just the custom blades are necessary. You can add lights to either side but I think that you may see the other side as well. I'm not sure but I think it's totally possible. I can't help as my workstation PC is down currently. The light needs to be made of to objects however to get a sharp contained light. Basically a box that is white sits inside and slightly higher then the box that is your LED. Materials set the desired color. I've written a post a while ago that covers this. https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=240906&postcount=3 If someone has the time to model them they can be imported and use the same blade physics as the Synergy E7 blades. I can help whoever wants to give it a go.

JR Forza 700

SAB Goblin 700 (the one allready made, does not work on any of my computers...)

:)

Try the gronimod goblin 700 found on his site and if it doesn't work then think about getting a better computer for RealFlight.

Everyone that is building Helis now are doing it for RF7 now so you will need to upgrade too.

helicopter for the wl v922

Was wondering if anyone could make a helicopter for the wl v922 or if there was one close to it in realflight6.5??? I just got this one and wanted to try it out on realflight6.5 first before the real thing, think it might help me out.

BJ Craft Biside

Hello. I am still relatively new at this. I would appreciate if someone would be willing to devote their time for this request. This model is interesting to me because of the DTFS wings and its stability when flying. I own this model currently. These are the only pictures I have on hand now. I would be more than happy to supply three views from the actual model i have. Just ask me about any additional items or concerns.

Thanks

Attachments

• BJ CRAFT.jpg
    BJ CRAFT.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 11
  • BJ CRAFT 2.jpg
    BJ CRAFT 2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BJ CRAFT 3.jpg
    BJ CRAFT 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
For now you should take down your e-mail as someone interested can correspond right here in the thread and via the private message system here
and if you get any takers you can at that point exchange your personal info ...no need to openly ,needlessly expose that e.mail account to ....whatever ?..better safe than sorry

nice lookin model btw
dont give up right away ....post as many pics as possible even if its not your bird . but ones like it if any are available as well as some spec. or even You Tube links .....stay away from words and phrases sush as 'could be a challenge or 'if you think you have the skill' ....these guys can be a fickle bunch
you need to excite the feeding /strike response to lure these guys in with a precise cast and presentation ..... like a champion BASS fisherman does when the fish aren't biting .
.if you get no takers now try again in a month or so
some may be knee deep in a project now and not want to comit right now .......but will be looking for something to do later during the non flying part of the year otherwise someone can slip into your wingman slot ....... good luck

Last edited:
BJ Craft Biside

Maj. Numbskully, thanks for the advice. I will be posting more pictures today as i will be flying it later.

I would say they are relatively close. The biside has DTFS wings whereas the miss wind has swept wings and the fin is considerably larger. Also noting that the miss wind is a 50 size to a 2 meter. But excellent job man. I have to download that thind for sure.

Well here are the pictures I promised. Hope these help

Attachments

• 20140807_181533.jpg
    20140807_181533.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140807_181304.jpg
    20140807_181304.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140807_181236.jpg
    20140807_181236.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140807_181250.jpg
    20140807_181250.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 8
Juts mains and tail for night flying

Hi All,
Not sure if this is the right place to request Helicopter Model or to figure out there is a way to modify existing models to meet my needs.

I have RF6.5, and I mostly fly stock Synergy E7

I need a night flying Helicopter model

Objective: Practice flying helicopter with just Main and Tail Blade LEDs in pitch dark
Scene: Dark except for a small dimly lit landing patch
Helicopter: I just want to see LEDs from main blade and tail blade…. I do not want to see any fuselage or canopy.
Main Blades: Should be able to tell top from bottom of the blades for orientation. For Example, two LEDs on top and three on bottom side OR different color LED inner ring for top and bottom

Also, how will I know if anyone picks up my project and makes this model?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

I guess my request caught no one’s interest. I am down grading my requirements to see if someone can help.

I just want to see main and tail night blades …. Nothing else i.e. no canopy, boom, skids etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken, adjust the lighting in a 3D field and you'll get what you're looking for. I think you can do this by hitting the page up/down keys? Maybe someone can elaborate on the steps more.

If I'm not mistaken, adjust the lighting in a 3D field and you'll get what you're looking for. I think you can do this by hitting the page up/down keys? Maybe someone can elaborate on the steps more.

I tried this. RF 6.5 Page UP/Down adjusts the wind. Any other ideas?

Took a look at the Tutor that comes with RF, and there is a ~CS_GLOW object for the various heli parts listed as part of the mesh. Thus it seems glow properties are part of the 3d model and can only be changed by the original creator of the model.
Do the custom content helis have glow objects on more than just the blades or is it unique to those that come with RF?

As for changing the sun position in the 3D field, the controls are as follows:

Shift + Page Up/Down controls the sun inclination
Shift + Home/End the sun azimuth

Took a look at the Tutor that comes with RF, and there is a ~CS_GLOW object for the various heli parts listed as part of the mesh. Thus it seems glow properties are part of the 3d model and can only be changed by the original creator of the model.
Do the custom content helis have glow objects on more than just the blades or is it unique to those that come with RF?

As for changing the sun position in the 3D field, the controls are as follows:

Shift + Page Up/Down controls the sun inclination
Shift + Home/End the sun azimuth

Thanks for the input. if this is something that cannot be done custom, is this thread/forum the right place to request a night model with just mains and tails visible from Real Flight Team?

Thanks for the input. if this is something that cannot be done custom, is this thread/forum the right place to request a night model with just mains and tails visible from Real Flight Team?

Closest I gotten to what I need is by

1. Dimming my monitor to make the air-field a little darker
  2. Banging the model on the runway to break off skids and canopy and I have just what I need

Is there a way to save a model in this condition with the canopy and skids broken off?

Yes sir. The landing gear and the canopy are always separate items. Whether it be Knife Edge or amateur models.
So step one is removing them in the physics editor.
Then add a "Detachable Item" and add the landing gear to it.
Add another detachable item and add the canopy to it.
Place the detachable Items in their respective positions
Under "Software Radio" add an "Output Channel"
Right click on the new Output channel and under "Add" Select "Add Simple Input Feed"
Click on "Input"
In the right hand pane Select "Input channel 6 (Channel 6)"(This is the knob on the interlink)
Now Under "Electronics" right click and add a servo and name in anything you like.
Select it and in the right hand pane select select the output channel you just created.
Now go back to the detachable items you created
In the drop down next to "Detachment Servo" Select the servo you made.
Do this for both detachables.
That's it!
Now when you wish you can rotate the knob and the skids and canopy will fall away.
They will however remain off of the aircraft until the next reset.

Yes sir. The landing gear and the canopy are always separate items. Whether it be Knife Edge or amateur models.
So step one is removing them in the physics editor.
Then add a "Detachable Item" and add the landing gear to it.
Add another detachable item and add the canopy to it.
Place the detachable Items in their respective positions
Under "Software Radio" add an "Output Channel"
Right click on the new Output channel and under "Add" Select "Add Simple Input Feed"
Click on "Input"
In the right hand pane Select "Input channel 6 (Channel 6)"(This is the knob on the interlink)
Now Under "Electronics" right click and add a servo and name in anything you like.
Select it and in the right hand pane select select the output channel you just created.
Now go back to the detachable items you created
In the drop down next to "Detachment Servo" Select the servo you made.
Do this for both detachables.
That's it!
Now when you wish you can rotate the knob and the skids and canopy will fall away.
They will however remain off of the aircraft until the next reset.

Boof69 - Thanks for the detailed information. I have been using real flight for quite a while but this would be my first attempt to modify a model so pardon my inexperience. Question for you

I have looked everywhere in real flight 6.5 specifically in Edit Aircraft Menus... I can’t seem to find "physics editor". Is there a separate tool that I need to perform this action?

Back