RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Possible RF 7.5 bug?

Can someone help? I uploaded a couple of CS files to the swaps pages with no problems when using RF 7, but now that I've updated to 7.5, I noticed that under "Requires" it listed a version of an EA file from G3 (which I do not have). I used the same EA on all (Yak-54 from RF 7 on the ones that worked, Yak-54 from RF 7.5 on the one that didn't). I was under the impression that the Yak-54 from G3 is totally different. It uploaded fine, but it just listed the wrong required EA file (or did it). Could it be a problem with the swaps pages, or my ignorance? Thanks in advance for your help.:confused:

silverwing49, thank you for reporting that. I have reproduced it here. It sounds like an issue with the swap pages themselves. We will look into it.

Title bar disappearing after exiting the editor

Just upgraded to the 7.5 release version.

This may be a setting, but have never seen it in earlier versions:

The usual title bar with all the drop down controls is gone after exiting the editor.
The title bar is again visible after exiting and restarting RF.
It appears the background from the editor is not closed, as the faint "RealFlight 7.5" text in the center of the editor title is visible title bar after exiting.

Attachments

• TitleBar1.jpg
    TitleBar1.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 15
  • TitleBar2.jpg
    TitleBar2.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 19
  • TitleBar3.jpg
    TitleBar3.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi
Maybe this has already been reported.
If I change the settings in the curve of a transmitter input, confirm it with ok and leave the editor with the exit-button, the editor will not ask for saving the changes (see attached screenshot). So the changes are lost, if you forget to save manually.
Best regards
Slickx

Attachments

• exit changed editor parameters without saving.PNG
    exit changed editor parameters without saving.PNG
    357.4 KB · Views: 8
The usual title bar with all the drop down controls is gone after exiting the editor.

This is a known issue with certain Windows themes (Basic, Classic) and RealFlight 7.5. The known workarounds at this point are to restart the sim when it happens or select a different Windows theme.

If I change the settings in the curve of a transmitter input, confirm it with ok and leave the editor with the exit-button, the editor will not ask for saving the changes (see attached screenshot).

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue.

If you make any other types of changes during an editing session, it will prompt you to save on exit. And if you do save, your curve changes will also be saved. But the editor doesn't view the aircraft as modified if the only changes you've made are curve edits.

The command 'zoom_level' does not work in the startup.rfscript. Although the console says that it is set to the level of the startup.rfscript, but nothing is changed on the screen (see screenshot).
If I type it manually, the screen will change to the desired level.

Best regards
Slickx

Attachments

• zoom_level in startup.script ignored.PNG
    zoom_level in startup.script ignored.PNG
    292.3 KB · Views: 10
I can't reproduce that here. I added the following two lines to my startup script and it worked:

camera_zoom_type m
camera_zoom 15

(The quotes you have around the params are unnecessary, though I tested and they don't break things.)

I even tried switching to metric units just in case that was a factor for some reason.

I'm not really sure what to suggest. Possibly posting your .ini here would help.

This is a simple fix. You must use camera_zoom_type "m" and camera_zoom "70" in your RFscript as the commands have changed. zoom_level is an old command.

I can't reproduce that here. I added the following two lines to my startup script and it worked:

camera_zoom_type m
camera_zoom 15

I changed it to your typing and it worked. Changed it back to my typing with quotes and now it works also. ???? Don't know, can't reproduce it no longer also. Thanks and sorry for confusion.

few issues with the editor ...

• multiple crashes to desktop when trying to use the editor, normally just after i have deleted something.
  • copy and paste of components works - sort of - it gets the names of the visual elements mixed up, so if say you copy a movable pod and change the visual elements, it gets these confused.
  • if i open the editor then close it, i loose the normal and spec maps on my aircraft in the 3d scene. They appear fine on the model within the editor. (textures are 4096 x 4096)
  • Main undercarriage with multiple sets of wheels, only one set of wheels spin (I've checked that is not a naming or assignment of type issue e.g. springy)
  • I also get the file is read only errors whilst using the editor.
  • When displaying physics - graphics card fan goes full throttle (GTX 760)

Last edited:
Just upgraded to the 7.5 release version.

This may be a setting, but have never seen it in earlier versions:

It appears the background from the editor is not closed, as the faint "RealFlight 7.5" text in the center of the editor title is visible title bar after exiting.

I have the exact opposite problem. I run full screen 1920x1080 32bit and the gray portion of the menu with the drop down selection stay there while i'm flying. If i press ALT i can select the menu entries but after when i return to simulate the gray bar is still there.

it seems that i cannot have a real full screen. i tried it on two different pc which have different graphics card one with Radeon 6870 HD and the other with GTX 750Ti, and all is the same.
I tried to find if there is a special function to disable it but i can't find a solution.

Check

Try checking the task manager Ctrl-Alt-Del, and check if anything is running behind the scenes.(in or alongside task manager window) Also Alt-Esc will minimize Full Screen window to Tool bar.

Not sure if this is a bug, or something on my end, but thought it wouldnt hurt to mention. After multiple times back and forth from the editor, I occasionally lose the reset button function on the interlink. Hitting the space bar still resets as usual. A restart brings the function back, but again, occasionally it goes away. Im having a hard time trying to reproduce this as it seems sparatic at best, so it might just be on my end. Anyone else seeing this?

Not sure if this is a bug, or something on my end, but thought it wouldnt hurt to mention. After multiple times back and forth from the editor, I occasionally lose the reset button function on the interlink. Hitting the space bar still resets as usual. A restart brings the function back, but again, occasionally it goes away. Im having a hard time trying to reproduce this as it seems sparatic at best, so it might just be on my end. Anyone else seeing this?

Loss of focus will do that, but this is not the fault of Realflight.

Something else may steal focus.

I have a post in "How to remove swap files", #25, "Possible Bug", including reset issue, and some others. This post was placed there, because it was a follow up, from previous thread (issue). I was hoping to get a response, as to whether it has enough validity, to be moved over, to the Bug reports thread.

MRU list bug?

I like to have more than 8 mru entries. When I edit the RealFlight.ini and add more entries, it works initially. Then it gets messed up afterwards and shows multiple lists. Just thought I'd mention this. Not a big deal.

We have not seen this here. Has anyone else?

Please let us know if you discover any better steps to reproduce it.

Back