RF 7.5 Bug Reports

I like to have more than 8 mru entries. When I edit the RealFlight.ini and add more entries, it works initially. Then it gets messed up afterwards and shows multiple lists. Just thought I'd mention this. Not a big deal.

The MRUs only support 8 entries. If you directly edit a list in the .ini, the results will be undefined and likely undesirable, as you have seen.

Interlink RESET Loss

We have not seen this here. Has anyone else?

Please let us know if you discover any better steps to reproduce it.

Phantom problems gotta love them:confused::mad:;)

On my laptop, running, Windows Home Premium, SP1, Intel core I7 2630QM, Ge Force GT525M v344.75

Note: When the InterLink "Reset" is lost, (on my machine) I Also loose, Interlink "Menu Select" function. (Basically all button functions, on InterLink are lost)

Iv been running a series of permutations, trying to reproduce the issue. The results are "Semi Reliable", Hence, The Phantom.:eek:

Let me start by noting: IN FULL SCREEN MODE!
From (MFC) main menu: ENVIRONMENT>SELECT AIRPORT;(In the, "select airport" menue) InteLink Buttons, DO NOT WORK.
Noted previously, in this thread:
https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=261181&postcount=43 &
https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=261185&postcount=47

While, From, (MFC) main menu: AIRCRAFT>SELECT AIRCRAFT;(In the, "select aircraft" menu) InterLink Buttons DO WORK.

The INTERLINK BUTTON ISSUE seems to be GENERATED ONLY, IN FULL SCREEN MODE, by first, changing airport,(using keyboard) then, changing airplane, (using InterLink), BACK TO BACK.

(possibly, whatever is blocking, the Interlink button use, in SELECT AIRPORT, is carrying over to the next operation?)

The/(A) Permutation that seems to trigger this issue is:
1) In FULL SCREEN, use Alt to bring up (MFC) main menu.
2) (L)Click, ENVIRONMENT>SELECT AIRPORT.
3) Select "Evergreen Airport" (using keyboard) alternate ("Carl Henderson Field")
"BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE"
4) In FULL SCREEN, use Alt to bring up (MFC) main menu
5) (L)Click, AIRCRAFT>SELECT AIRCRAFT
6) "Using InterLink buttons", select aircraft. (Extra 300L) alternate (Bulldog)
7) Move or fly aircraft. (so you can see if theres a change when you hit Reset or Menu Select)
8) ON InterLink, Press, "RESET" OR "Menu Select" to check.

"IF INTERLINK BUTTONS WORK, REPEAT, WITH ALTERNATES."
NOTE: IT MAY TAKE A FEW TRIES.

ANOTHER PERMUTATION THAT WORKED, WAS :
1) In FULL SCREEN, use Alt to bring up (MFC) main menu.
2) (L)Click, SIMULATION>SELECT SCENARIO>Aerobatics-Advanced
3) Repeat 1-8 above.
NOTE: IF RESET/MENU SELECT, BUTTONS, ON INTERLINK, DONT WORK. GOING TO SCENARIO, WILL MAKE THEM FUNCTIONAL AGAIN.
HOPE THIS HELPS:D

Last edited:
The loss of the reset button happens when the RealFlight Window looses focus.. It's a well known issue since G4.

Note: When the InterLink "Reset" is lost, (on my machine) I Also loose, Interlink "Menu Select" function. (Basically all button functions, on InterLink are lost)

That sounds more like a USB problem or that your system is powering down the USB chain to save power.

If the latter you'll need to run your computer at maximum power and check in the device manager that the entire USB chain has Power saving turned off.

Sometimes the parent device will turn off sub hubs.

The loss of the reset button happens when the RealFlight Window looses focus.. It's a well known issue since G4.

I thought the same thing, but doesn't clicking the screen bring the focus back? I've went to and from windowed, clicked the screen, and minimizing then clicking the icon in the task bar to maximize again when this happens. The only thing that seems to solve it is a restart.

I can click off the RealFlight Window and the reset and switches down on the front panel of the interlink will stop working. I can still use the gimbals and RC switches but I can't access the menus or reset. Once I click back in on the RealFlight Window it's all back working for me..

That I have seen as well. Mostly when I'm going back and forth from gimp working on a CS. But when it happens while doing physics, I can't get them back without a restart.

I can click off the RealFlight Window and the reset and switches down on the front panel of the interlink will stop working. I can still use the gimbals and RC switches but I can't access the menus or reset. Once I click back in on the RealFlight Window it's all back working for me..

Yup and that does not seem to be happening for him.

I get exactly what you describe.

Are you talking about Full Screen Mode or Windowed Mode

I spend most of my time, in full screen mode. Thats where I had my best success, in reproducing, the Interlink button issue.(post#83) But like I said, in my previous post... "ITS A PHANTOM"
Last night, I installed the Airplane Mega Pack, that I just won, in the Hobbico Real Winner Sweepstakes.:D Thank you very much!:cool:
I was checking out all the planes, one by one, using main menu. Some with keyboard, some with InterLink. Several times, using the Interlink, to select a plane, produced the Interlink, button loss problem. This was while remaining in the same airfield. Previously I thought the issue only came up when switching between airport and airplane MFC menus. I was going to report this, then,....when I tried to reproduce it, Again, doing everything the same way...the Interlink button issue never came up.:eek::confused::mad:

Last edited:
If you're referring to me, I usually run in windowed mode, but switching back and forth doesn't fix it.

Are you talking about Full Screen Mode or Windowed Mode

For me, either apply.

With Windows 8.x I've noticed that "full screen" mode is NOT.

As a result even full screen applications can loose the focus causing inputs not to seem to work.

Last edited:
InterLink Reset/Button ISSUE

Ok, so it seems, there IS AN ESTSBLISHED ISSUE(s). Not just an isolated case.
The good news, is; In my (our) case, its a nuisance, but there's known workarounds.
The bad news is; New users, are probably, going to get, very frustrated:confused::mad:

I can't reproduce that here. I added the following two lines to my startup script and it worked:

camera_zoom_type m
camera_zoom 15

(The quotes you have around the params are unnecessary, though I tested and they don't break things.)

I even tried switching to metric units just in case that was a factor for some reason.

I'm not really sure what to suggest. Possibly posting your .ini here would help.

I think I've got it now. It happens only with gliders and isn't a script problem. Please choose a glider e.g. the Bird of Time and change to manual zoom. After the launch increase the zoom level to your likes. And then if you press the reset button for a new launch, the zoom level will change to 1.0 (only with gliders).

Follow-up No ausio in full screen until toggled windows mode and back

Following up on my post and Ryan's reply from 10-08-2014
There have been no software updates to 7.5 since it was released
and the audio issue of course is still present.
Was wondering if there is an update on this and/or when an update may be out that fixes this.
It's liveable just a bit annoying.

Also I'll mildly suggest making the bug reports thread sticky if you could.
Might be difficult for some users to find.
I had to either search for "bug reports" or lookup my own posts.
I guess most users should be smart enough to figure it out.

I had to give it a little thought to find it.
Which in most cases is a good thing.

Last edited:
Issue:
Audio disappears goes mute when and after multilayer search for sessions windows is accessed or a hosted session is setup.
And stays muted (no audio whatsoever) until alt-enter (exit and re-enter full screen mode is done).

Keyboard command to mute/unmute audio has no effect in bringing audio back when it is gone.

May be related to windows focus but in fullscreen should not be.
Just clicking around on the screen which would normally bring focus back has no effect on getting audio back.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a fix for this.

Your multiplayer "search" occurs in a window, that causes the focus on the full screen session to be lost.

Many DX9 programs have similiar issues on newer operating systems.

Methinks this will not go away until the entire engine is redone.

Back