Save off what remains in your

C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Planes
C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Colorschemes
C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Engines

Folders.

Move those into the same folders under

C:\Program Files\RealflightG4

Done.

We will need to wait and see. but it sounds like it will be that way.

Even if it is.

I will be trying the Multiple Import option before I drag and drop. Just so I can Detect Legitimate Copy's from the import tool. (Of cause I don't know. So I will test on a few. and drag and Drop a few variants. then See how it goes)

CDM Bryce

Definition ...

Kmot said:
OMFG!! I just now learned of G4. I feel all giddy inside! :D
Can't wait to get it! :cool:
"OMFG"???? define? Sure hope it doesn't mean what comes to mind, or that would really be offensive to some (or at least one) of us. Surely not. :(

trexmad said:
I hope the rebate is going to be a good one........I only forked out my hard earned $$$ for G3.5 4 weeks ago :confused: :confused: ...... I came over to RealFlight from Reflex, I hope my recent purchase will be taken into consideration with the rebate, I'm sure I won't be the only person to have recently purchased RealFlight G3.5 and be wondering if I've wasted my money on obsolete software....... :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed!!

Thank you...........

1month myself.

Shotgun

uh huh

dirtyonetwo said:
rj cmon now anybody thats been on the net for than just a couple of days knows what omfg means lol
Yepper ... and I find it really an offensive term. :(

trexmad said:
RealFlight G3.5 and be wondering if I've wasted my money on obsolete software....... :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed!!

Let's first see what they come up with.

Remember though that as long as you are able to use G3.5 it's not really "obsolete".

Download all of the planes on the swaps and put them aside in a seperate folder.

If you want you can always later upgrade...

As with Microsoft's software you don't HAVE to upgrade until there is a preponderance of other people using the newer versions and you want to maintain compatibility...

File incompatibility is what forces upgrades in most businesses.

E.g. why buy Office 2007 immediately if Office 2003 edits the same files.

I run Office 2003 ( 100+ users ) and will continue to do so until I am "forced" to upgrade sometime a couple of years from now.

opjose said:
Uninstall G3.5 and all of the updates.

Save off what remains in your

C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Planes
C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Colorschemes
C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Engines

Folders.

Move those into the same folders under

C:\Program Files\RealflightG4

Done.
That's what I was thinking! :p

maxkop said:
Really nice Screenshots :D Will the way of creating G4 models be the same as for G3.5 models???

The import process for models is basically unchanged. G4 will support import of G3X files. One change to the import process that was requested several times has been implemented - multi-file import. You can now select as many G3X and RFX (the new G4 archive type) that you want for import.

This question seemed to have been missed by the KE administrators.

maxkop said:
Will the way of creating G4 models be the same as for G3.5 models???

As one of the custom aircraft designers, I feel this is an important enough question to bring up again.

It would have been a relief if there was finally a way to export KEX directly from free or inexpensive tools as Blender, Metasequoia or AC3D. Still supporting only a multi thousand dollar application to create KEX files (or whatever they will be called then) directly without major hassle is not really customer friendly.
Other simulators as Reflex even include a tool to create aircraft models or there is at least support for free tools (e.g. Aeroflight supports Metasequoia). And yes, I know there is the 3DS command line converter, but we all know that you still need a multi hundred dollar application to fix the 3DS file before conversion. Also 3DS is a flawed format by definition. Not even 3DSMax can import the 3DS files it creates without messing some things up.

0xdeadbeef wrote:
supporting only a multi thousand dollar application to create KEX files (or whatever they will be called then) directly without major hassle is not really customer friendly.
.... but it is definitely money making friendly :D
It's all in the money my friends .... unfortunately that's how things are nowadays :)

Andrzej

You can use Blender. The Script is a little buggy at the moment. My DG-800A will be completely finished in Blender Version 2.45 using the 3DS4KEX - Export script from rayvel. At the moment the pivoting is not working, but the .kex - exporter is accepting the exported .3ds - file at least in hierarchy of objects, material and object naming perfectly. I already talked to rayvel that the script is not working perfectly. He will correct it when he finds time. Just have patience.

You want to know more? ->Here's the thread with the export script

Greets,

Max

Back