Super Sportster 120

The Beta model has 1.8 degrees dihedral and it fly's absolutely incredible, love it.
On low rates the model is a great sport flying plane, but flip to high rates and the model really comes alive.
The Cinema cam is positioned just right for me, great viewing angle.
Excellent work Technoid.
ASJ. Thanks for checking it out for me. I have a 16x10 monitor (1920x1200) so there's a bit more of the wing showing I'll take a shot and post it so you can see what I mean. But other than that the view looks the same. I think the Cinema Cam is a nice view when you're flying around looking at the island.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of what Cinema Cam looks like on my monitor at 1920x1200 a bit more of the wing shows.

Super Sportster 120 37.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions on my shiny shiny silver chrome CS. It's more reflective now. I made the white stripes black on the bottom for better orientation.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1590403094.jpg
    ScreenShot1590403094.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 12
Just curious .. I noticed a grayish distortion around the nose and through the stars on the wings in that photo. What's causing that ?
That's where you're looking through the canopy, that's why the star on the wing is misaligned too.

Last edited:
A bit more on the dihedral. At first I made it flat because I like it flat but because the real plane has dihedral I added 1.8 degrees which is a bit less than the built-in Sportster which has 1.9 degrees. So I was trying to follow the kit plane and of course the Giant Super Sportster ARF I patterned this plane after has dihedral too. But since I like it flat I wanted to see what everyone else thought which in the past has usually meant dihedral. So this morning wanting to follow the plan but make it look better (to me) I went back and lowered the dihedral from 1.8 to 1.5 which looks better to me because that small change made it look a bit flatter.

Here's a comparison shot, 1.5 degrees on top 1.8 degrees on bottom.

Dihedral 1.5 vs 1.8.jpg

Last edited:
just my thought on the dihedral , ( low wings to my eye look good with a little dihedral mid wings look good flat )so any place in between on either is good and of course the builder has the final say :) in this case it looks good either way 1.5-1.9 . not much help am i .

Last edited:
Here's my silver/chrome CS for anyone who wants it early. Thanks to technoid for helping out with some issues.
A few changes were made since the posted pic.

Attachments

• Super Sportster Silver_CS.RFX
    423 KB · Views: 9
1.5 dihedral looks okay, but it is so close to flat not many people would notice the difference, so my vote is for dihedral and no dihedral.!!! (glad I could Help).:)
Ultimately Technoid this is your model and whatever you decide will be perfect. (your models never disappoint).

Back