T-rex 450 SE V2

Yeah, you should punish yourself somewhat after a crash, in real-life this would be a walk-of-shame and an immediate interrogation by your flight buddies, while you battle the adrenaline rush and babble about what may have gone wrong.

Waiting for blades to spin up is a small price to pay for a virtual crash. ;)

Agreed. I should set the auto reset to 4 weeks, about the time to rebuild from the unexepcted landings I'm having! That'll sharpen me up!

Walk-of-Shame... Ha! Love it! (well not really)

phrank said:
Right, you should never start a real-life heli out of "normal" mode, not a safe practice . Always good training to start up your bird in Normal mode and slowly spool up your blades to rotor speed.
I don't have a real Trex 450, but my Blade 400 forces a slow start in the ESC. Do the ESC modules used in a typical Trex 450 not have this feature? Or do most professional pilots disable it?

Last edited:
jon6565 said:
Agreed. I should set the auto reset to 4 weeks, about the time to rebuild from the unexepcted landings I'm having! That'll sharpen me up!

Walk-of-Shame... Ha! Love it! (well not really)
LOL
Shhhhhhh. Don't say that, KE Might put that in the Next update. :)
I Like the "and babble about what may have gone wrong" in an attempt to fend off the Self Disgust ;)

Spareparts said:
I don't have a real Trex 450, but my Blade 400 forces a slow start in the ESC. Do the ESC modules used in a typical Trex 450 not have this feature? Or do most professional pilots disable it?
That feature is available in stock Align RCE-BL35 series ESCs. It can be toggled on and off via programming.

Not sure if anyone has been able to setup a slow start in RF.

there has been some discussion about the altered ground handling of some of the Custom Models in G4.5 including the basketball-esque tendencies of the T-rex 450 SE V2. I understand that issue and I have done the temp flex adjustment of the skids.

I also have an issue where once the heli has spooled up and is in flight the tail starts wagging and other nasty little habits.

1. Is there a G4.5 version in the wings
2. Is there a temp fix or physics adjusment I can make?

One last thing, this SE V2 is a very feisty little heli and in the absence of the Blade 400 I was flying this but this one is a bit extreme. Can you confirm an AV where the physics might closely resemble a Blade 400? or even another model?

Thanks

Jon

jon6565 said:
there has been some discussion about the altered ground handling of some of the Custom Models in G4.5 including the basketball-esque tendencies of the T-rex 450 SE V2. I understand that issue and I have done the temp flex adjustment of the skids.

I also have an issue where once the heli has spooled up and is in flight the tail starts wagging and other nasty little habits.

One last thing, this SE V2 is a very feisty little heli and in the absence of the Blade 400 I was flying this but this one is a bit extreme. Can you confirm an AV where the physics might closely resemble a Blade 400? or even another model?

Thanks

Jon
I haven't noticed the tail wagging issue in G4.5 with our helis. Both of them have acted normally, other than the bouncing gear issue.

As for solving your problem, I would see if going into the Editor and lowering the gain on the gyro fixes your problem.

Have you downloaded the 450SE V2 Stock variant? It's a toned-down version of the 450, to simulate flybar weights and a bit slower setup overall.

I've never flown a Blade 400, but I suppose it might fly close to the Stock AV ... maybe slower.

1). Yes, when g4.5 swap area is available.
2) Not yet, G4.5 also toyed around with gyro code

We submitted a "stock feel" variant at the swaps at the same time.
See if that is more to you liking.

jon6565 said:

Thanks

Jon

phrank said:
1). Yes, when g4.5 swap area is available.
2) Not yet, G4.5 also toyed around with gyro code

We submitted a "stock feel" variant at the swaps at the same time.
See if that is more to you liking.
Finally, I beat Phrank one time! :p

raise the "throttle" servo speed to about 3 or 4 seconds

and with throttle hold on and Idle 2, turn hold off and it should softly start

I have a Poltergeist in this model!

I seem to have dowloaded a ghost along with the TREX450 model.

I've imported both the base model and the stock variant.

When I try to use it, it bounces around like there's an earthquake, and tips over pretty quick. This is in normal mode. I can get in the air with it by switching to idl1 or 2 with full down stick, in which case it's spinning at full power with full down pitch on the tarmac, and that pins it down until I pitch up and take off. It's still jiggling around, though, trying to start bouncing.

In the air it flies great. Only goes bananas when it gets within a few inches of the ground. Man, that's some turbulent ground-effect! :eek:

If I didn't know better, I'd say it's modeling ground resonance. The only problem is there's no thrust -- the rotor's not spinning.

Here's a recording I made of the Ghost in the Machine, check it out. I'd appreciate any clues on how to fix this... I really need to put in major sim time on my 450 before I crash it... again :mad:

Last edited:
Some of Ya'll that are not able to get it to work, you MUST have the Idle-Up off before you spawn, or else it will shake itself apart. Ask me how I know that!

Wow that has to be one of the latest responses to a bug ever. The last post was in 2008!

Back