T-rex 450 SE V2

Tail breaking off

I'm a noob to file downloading on realflight. Just downloaded Trex 450SE V2_EA.g3x to my g3. the tail keeps breaking off when i first select the aircraft. does this file work with the g3? Or did do something wrong?

Update to 3.5 is free, update via the Launcher.

We didn't intend the flight model to be run on G3.0,
the physics between g3 and g3.5 are different.

Good Luck...

rgvtto said:
How can I install the file on a G4 simulator?
Thanks
well, you figured out how to post. Now search here for 'import custom aircraft.'. This question has been addressed here hundreds of times.

I feel like a complete idiot and I have searched this forum but not able to find an answer. But when I select my Trex it loads with HUGE main rotor blades and also the tail rotor i WAY too big. What am I doing wrong? I an Running 4.00.054, and I downloaded the version that was supposed to have the "fix" for G4.

You've most likely extracted the contents of the archive and imported as a .kex...
Big No...No...

You save the .g3x to a known location,
Do not try to open it, leave it alone as a .g3x filename.
Then use the Simulator's Import .G3X.

Good Luck...

phrank said:
You've most likely extracted the contents of the archive and imported as a .kex...
Big No...No...

You save the .g3x to a known location,
Do not try to open it, leave it alone as a .g3x filename.
Then use the Simulator's Import .G3X.

Good Luck...

That is exactly what I did! Thanks, I will try it again tonight!

I have this model in G4 and it's a feisty little devil isn't it!! Nice though!

however when the blades reach critical rpm the tail boom has a violent rotation of maybe 3 or 4 full 360's before settling and then hovering.

Can anyone help with this?

Jon

jon6565 said:
I have this model in G4 and it's a feisty little devil isn't it!! Nice though!

however when the blades reach critical rpm the tail boom has a violent rotation of maybe 3 or 4 full 360's before settling and then hovering.

Can anyone help with this?

Jon
If you start up in idle up, for sure it will do this. However, it shouldn't do it when you start up in normal mode.

Also make sure you have updated to the latest version of your respective RealFlight version.

The first part makes sense as I am probably resetting after a crash and in Idle Up, but if you could give me a brief technical reason for this it would be appreciated, I am assuming tail rotor speed...

As for the second part about the latest version...hmmm no! I did have on my PC which is currently being repaired (to which I have to re-install G4 anyway). I am running the standard CD version of G4 on my notebook for the time being. This may also explain the apparent shaking or shuddering of some other heli's in hover flight.

Your thoughts?

Jon

jon6565 said:
The first part makes sense as I am probably resetting after a crash and in Idle Up, but if you could give me a brief technical reason for this it would be appreciated, I am assuming tail rotor speed...
Technical reason would have to be that you're trying to apply 100% power too fast, and the tail can't counter that movement (torque) that quickly. However, once up to "critical RPM" as you call it, everything will be fine.

jon6565 said:
As for the second part about the latest version...hmmm no! I did have on my PC which is currently being repaired (to which I have to re-install G4 anyway). I am running the standard CD version of G4 on my notebook for the time being. This may also explain the apparent shaking or shuddering of some other heli's in hover flight.

Your thoughts?

Jon
Yes, your version of RF will affect this. I would recommend downloading the latest update as always.

Right, you should never start a real-life heli out of "normal" mode, not a safe practice . Always good training to start up your bird in Normal mode and slowly spool up your blades to rotor speed.

Thanks Blade. I understand now. Thats the great thing here, that every little peice of advice or information helps greatly.

I think I knew in my mind why it was doing it but I needed someone to tell me! The Computer Store rang inbetween messages too (they are just rebuilding and restoring data) so I will re-install G4 on that and the latest upgrades and add-ons. And also "soon" G4.5... woo hoo!

Thanks again - much appreciated.

Jon

phrank said:
Right, you should never start a real-life heli out of "normal" mode, . Always good practice to start up your bird in Normal mode and slowly spool up your blades to rotor speed.
Correct. It's good to do this in the simulator too, so you create a good habit for when you fly in real life.

Remember -- no RED button in real life! :p

phrank said:
Right, you should never start a real-life heli out of "normal" mode, not a safe practice . Always good training to start up your bird in Normal mode and slowly spool up your blades to rotor speed.

Agreed - and of course now understood! It's just that I had modified the physics to auto re-set in (wait for it) .5 sec! I was trying risky manouvers that ended in crashes most times so it was frustrating resetting manually. There was no time to reset idle up to normal, as one would imagine! I alos had pressed "P" when at hi revs.

Live an learn, live and learn. :)

Jon

Back