Technoid's Screen Shots

Thanks guys I guess the nose art stays. I thought about reducing the girl a bit so I can make the Victory a little larger. Not a lot but enough to see the change.

Thanks guys I guess the nose art stays. I thought about reducing the girl a bit so I can make the Victory a little larger. Not a lot but enough to see the change.

Just my two cents Tech, But IMHO, it looks just fine as is. I mean, why take away from a pretty girl, in order to put more focus on a word that`s perfectly legible. ;);):D

Just my two cents Tech, But IMHO, it looks just fine as is. I mean, why take away from a pretty girl, in order to put more focus on a word that`s perfectly legible. ;);):D

Well I haven't resized her yet and I may not. When I was resizing the name and the girl it took a few tries to get them right so this morning I went back to the original size of the girl and adjusted the contrast and sharpness like I did on the small version in the plane and then resized her picture again to the size on the plane and the picture of her definitely looks better now. You loose some detail when you resize a few times and it definitely showed when I went back and did the adjustments to the large size and then resized just once to the smaller version.

Well I took a good look at the plane this morning after I finished up and I think it's finished so I'll fly it the rest of the ween and release it Saturday morning. I did do a few tweaks this morning besides tweaking the girl, a couple to the panel lines and rivets and a couple more to the color scheme. I will say there's one thing I might do if I don't talk myself out of it. Yeah.. I know I said I thought I was done. But it's just a maybe. Ha!

I did the release build for the P-38L today and will upload it to the swap pages Saturday morning. Here's the release CS files for anyone that wants them.

Here's what's in the ZIP file.

1. 3ds Max TGA.tga
2. 3ds Max Visible Edges.tga
3. All Panel Lines.png
4. All Rivets.png
5. MY MASK.tga

I used a PNG file for the Panel Lines and Rivets because it's easy to keep the transparency needed for them in a PNG file.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning Release CS Files.zip.rfx
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
I did the release build for the P-38L today and will upload it to the swap pages Saturday morning. Here's the release CS files for anyone that wants them.

1. 3ds Max TGA.tga
3. All Panel Lines.png
4. All Rivets.png
5. MY MASK.tga

I used a PNG file for the Panel Lines and Rivets because it's easy to keep the transparency needed for them in a PNG file.

Thanks Technoid, I am looking forward to the release on Saturday.

1. 3ds Max TGA.tga
3. All Panel Lines.png
4. All Rivets.png
5. MY MASK.tga

Darn ... now this means I need to stop work on my golf course I am making ...

Thanks guys but it looks like I won't release it on Saturday after all. We discovered a problem with green reflections on Doug's CS and I fixed it at my end but he still sees them there so that's one of two things that's going to delay me. Number two is I made a change tonight so when I make a change I need to test it a day or two before I feel it's okay, so because of those two things I don't think Saturday is possible now.

DDawg nothing has changed the layout and I don't think it will, these are CS changes not layout changes. So the finished CS files I uploaded are fine so you're still good to go with the files I uploaded.

The change I made tonight was putting the eye shields back on the booms. I wasn't going to use them so I took them off but I changed my mind and put them back on. The thing I didn't like was the fact the panel lines and rivets showed up on the flat black eye shields as their normal color, which is a shade of gray. But I knew if you painted the boom the panel lines and rivets would be painted too so they would be a shade of black instead of gray. So I took a bunch of time tonight and cutout those panel lines and rivets so I could make them a darker black than the eye shield so they would still show up but be black instead of gray. I'm uploading a close-up picture of them for you to check out. So now I like the eye shields on the booms again and will go with them in the release. In the picture you can see I made the panel lines and rivets on the eye shield on the fuselage black too. Anyway here's a picture for you.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 54.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 54.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 15
After creating tinkering is your favorite things to do ;) Well good .. I get to fly my betas a few more days now.

Yeah I went back and fourth on the boom eye shields but now since I fixed what I didn't like they're okay. Now if I just knew what was causing the green flashes on Doug's CS I'd be ready to go again. I may go ahead and release the plane without it being fixed there but I have to give it a little more time to see if either of use comes up with a solution for it. It's odd that it's perfect here but shows up there. I don't want to release it to find out there's something else I needed to do in the spec map to fix those. So I need to wait a bit and see what happens.

I thought I'd upload a beta in case anyone wants to see what the new eye shields on the booms look like. Also notice the few panel lines and rivets in the fuselage eye shield black area have been modified too. If you have any comments I'd like to hear them.

Now for asj5547 this is a different story. The trick used in RF-X to get more gloss on the plane by deleting the spec map doesn't work as well for this plane because when you delete the spec map it adds some gloss to the flat black eye shields too, which makes them look semi-gloss instead of flat black. What I did here was open the spec map and select everything then select the black eye shields and then use the + symbol so you can add more colors and select the other dark areas so you have all of the dark areas selected. Then I inverted the selection and painted everything else full white. I also did that to the alpha layer. Then I saved the plane so RF-X was updated with the new spec map. That seemed to be the best compromise for this plane.

OH: If you see any green blotches on the eye shields, fuselage or booms please let me know. And upload a picture if you can, a close up so I can see them. Thanks!

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning_EA.RFX
    4 MB · Views: 10
I thought I'd try one more version of nose art. How's this one?

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 60.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 60.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P-38L Lightning 61.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 61.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 13
Back