Turbine Toucan Build

If you Combined the objects to Map, as I do, then that is way they are there. If so, go ahead and Map them, put them in a stack, then later paste some wood grain texture on them.

If you have a lot of little stuff that will not be see on the model CS you can map them to a small area of the map , say a corner, and just paint the corner black, If you do not want to paint those area you can just asign them a texture color. Mapping takes a bit to learn. Lot of trial and error. some times just looking at other people mapped CS will give you an ideal of ways to cut and map your project.

Junkboy999 said:
If you have a lot of little stuff that will not be see on the model CS you can map them to a small area of the map , say a corner, and just paint the corner black, If you do not want to paint those area you can just asign them a texture color. Mapping takes a bit to learn. Lot of trial and error. some times just looking at other people mapped CS will give you an ideal of ways to cut and map your project.
Ive got the other pars going just fine, its just the fuse thats giving me fits. I had to basicly hollow out the entire fuse so I could do the framework and the inside faces that wont be seen is the problem. Im assuming I can just scale those parts down real small and stack them on top of the fuse parts? that way they would be the same color at least.

abaser said:
Ive got the other pars going just fine, its just the fuse thats giving me fits. I had to basicly hollow out the entire fuse so I could do the framework and the inside faces that wont be seen is the problem. Im assuming I can just scale those parts down real small and stack them on top of the fuse parts? that way they would be the same color at least.
That works. And, you know, put a balsa pattern on top.

If you want it, here's a couple of clean balsa images.

Doug

Attachments

• Balsa.jpg
    Balsa.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Balsa2.jpg
    Balsa2.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 5
dhk79 said:
If you want it, here's a couple of clean balsa images.

Doug

Doug, that makes me want to get back down in my workshop and start cutting, gluing and shaping some balsa wood! (Now that you live in place where it gets cold over winter again, you can finally have a flying season AND a building season)

In case you missed it, I dont like mapping :p What did I do wrong now? I get this cant creat normal for chart message, but the parts show on the map. What gives?

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
That mesage pertains to the last part Maped, change the way you Maped it. The more stright on you are looking at a part, when you Map it, the better it will paint.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 7
The last part mapped was the inside of the fuse. An area tha will not be seen so I did all of the faces one color. So what you are telling me is I need to remap it as I would the outside, right? I guess you just can't cheat at all :p

After mapping, remapping, and doing it all over again and again, Ive managed to get the stretching down as low as I think I can. I still think Ive got something wrong here as Im still getting the error message as shown. The inside is mapped left/right as Flexible suggested. Im open to ANY suggestions.

Attachments

• zz1.jpg
    zz1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
  • zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
Ill check it out when I get home, but what you circled looks to me like the X axis.
I got the same error when I did the rear section of the fuse as well. Ill post a pic tonight, but when I combined all of the parts, and the entire plane was red, there wer areas that were not red, showing the mapping letters, and I could not highlight them to see what part they were part of :confused: . Im thinking that is where the problem is.

I have no luck getting some parts to show the letters or be able to highlight, when redonig parts. Some will, and some will not.
Another thing, allways move parts on the Map, in object mode. If you move in face mode, you can miss selecting all the Verts, leaving them behind when you move the part.
You get that message, when Wings does not like the way you maped a part. It most often, sends most of the Faces to the Map, but the faces that were done wrong, are left be hind to be remaped.

Whats odd about it is that while the ojects are not combined in the geometry window, everything is red. As soon as I combine, There's a handful of pieces the emerge as unselected, yet mapped. Almost like they are protruding through the outside of the fuse from the inside. The lettering is also reversed.

Last edited:
Back