Ultra Stick 1.1m

@3D MOFO 2020! deleted his Ultra Stick AV so I deleted the EA too. I'll make the mods to the release version and rename it but I'm not sure when. But I'll get it back on the swap pages soon. There was 50 downloads on the EA when I deleted it.

is 50 a good # for a week?

i may be a bit partial but RF should take their plane down.
Yeah I was happy with that number. These days the swap pages are a bit different. Certain type of aircraft get lots of hits, but others not so much. I'm glad you like my plane I created it for you. I'll have it back there soon I'm just taking a short break and getting a little more done on the Balsa Baby. It might actually turn out to be decent. I like designing simple fun fly planes.

I test flew the Ultra Stick more and decided to increase the elevator and aileron travel. It's still plenty mild for a novice but a little more responsive.

ailerons 20 degrees
elevator 30 degrees

I just finished modifying the Ultra Stick 1_1m for the modified parameters and renamed it. I still model in the DVD version of RF 9.5 so I need to rebuild it for EVO before I release it. But the major work is done. I definitely like this version the best.

NEW NAME: E-flite Ultra Stick 1_1m ARF
GEAR: Springy Flat Aluminum
STRENGTH: 60
STIFFNESS: 300
AILERONS: 22
ELEVATOR: 30

I loaded up one of the betas and it did not have the same gloss issues
View attachment 136724
I just did a fresh build, 3ds Max and RF Import using the latest version and in RF 9.5 it looks fine. I was just getting ready to do "one" more fresh import using the same KEX file that was built for my latest import in RF 9.5 and see if EVO still shows the same dark areas. I'll be back and report my results in a bit.

@legoman I just did a fresh import in EVO DX11 using the same KEX file that was created in the RF 9.5 import I did first, and it still has the dark looking areas. Oddly the brass wheel colors don't look dark on either side of the plane, just the face of the wheel.

UPDATE: I just looked at the Spec Map and the face of the wheel is 606060 in the RGB and Alpha layers. The entire Alpha layer of the color scheme is FFFFFF.

What does the model look like in Dx11, is it just the preview picture that has the problem?
Does it look the same to you? I'm not quite sure, but it seems about the same. At Castle field. Would the editor be a preview picture?

Ultra Stick 1.1m 32.jpg

I really feel for the dev team but rendering issues are bad too. That's a tough spot, it won't run one way but looks bad sometimes the other way. Either way gets you bad press.

I wasted my day. I wanted to release it, but I don't want to release it looking bad.

@technoid I am asking because I loosely follow the build. did you change the _s from the beta on oct 27 in post 97? because that build is working for me.

Attachments

• 2023-11-14 15_02_45-RealFlight Evolution.png
    2023-11-14 15_02_45-RealFlight Evolution.png
    667 KB · Views: 4
  • 2023-11-14 15_02_22-RealFlight Evolution.png
    2023-11-14 15_02_22-RealFlight Evolution.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
@technoid I am asking because I loosely follow the build. did you change the _s from the beta on oct 27 in post 97? because that build is working for me.
There's something going on SO I just deleted my post in the DX11 Beta thread. I've been working on this and haven't found anything yet but there's something crazy going on. I looked at the Spec Map and it's dated 10-20-23 9:38AM.

I was sure the plane looked right this morning when I renamed it and did a fresh build and I remember looking at it in the 9.5 Editor but I noticed the dark areas in the RF EVO Editor when I did the release build. But I've done a couple of builds in RF 9.5 after that and the spinner, motor, and wheels are dark in it too. SO.. I don't know what's going on I'll have to do some more looking. I'll come back and post when I find something.

Last edited:
In the mean time here's a picture from the 9.5 Editor.

Ultra Stick 1.1m 33.jpg

And here's a picture from 3ds Max.

Ultra Stick 1.1m 34.jpg

Last edited:
Back