Ultra Stick 1.1m

@Bill Stuntz Bill, would you mind downloading this AV and testing it for me. This has the latest physics with one change, the Springy Flat Aluminum was changed to just Flat Aluminum. I want to make sure all of your bouncing issues is fixed without Springy Gear. @asj5547 is finishing up some testing he's doing on the springy issue so I'm getting ready to release the plane without springy gear if his testing doesn't pan out. That's why I want to make sure the AV (non springy gear) solves all your problems. Thanks for your help.

The NSG in the name stands for non-springy-gear.

Attachments

• Ultra Stick 1_1m NSG_AV.RFX
    53.2 KB · Views: 4
No problem. The aircraft rocks & thumps as it leaves/returns to the runway, and rocks appropriately as it taxis in the grass. It did seem to rock more-or-less appropriately in the grass with the springy gear, but NOT on the runway. It doesn't continue to rock on the runway like it did with the springy gear. It didn't seem to thump with the springy gear, either. The sound seems to be more appropriate with the non-springy gear.

No problem. The aircraft rocks & thumps as it leaves/returns to the runway, and rocks appropriately as it taxis in the grass. It did seem to rock more-or-less appropriately in the grass with the springy gear, but NOT on the runway. It doesn't continue to rock on the runway like it did with the springy gear. It didn't seem to thump with the springy gear, either. The sound seems to be more appropriate with the non-springy gear.
Okay, thanks. I guess the most important thing is it doesn't continue to rock after it gets back on the runway. Which is what I expected without the springy gear.

Of coarse it did! Figures. someone Should have mentioned to wait and see before you did all that work. I’m sure yours flys better though, ;) .
I'll probably get it so I can see how it looks and fly's. And it will be interesting to see how the gear works, maybe I can find a solution for mine in their physics and fix mine and release it again.

I imagine their aircraft will fly pretty close to the real aircraft. If anything you can add the AS3X settings that are on their version which is tuned from the actual aircraft to your aircraft you built on this thread so can have the same expectations if someone doesn't want to buy the official version. I have installed all the aircraft in the pack a few minutes ago and just took a look at it. Their aircraft seems to shake too.

I have not gotten a copy of Technoids aircraft yet but I did just fly the RF version. You get a 3S version and 2 4S versions of the aircraft with one being a more advanced version with some nifty tricks done with flaps and ailerons giving you flaperons under certain conditions. I would imagine the real aircraft does this? This would be easy to copy over to the custom modeled version.

Last edited:
I just downloaded Technoid's aircraft and right off the bat it seems to fly much slower than the RF version. When I say slow I mean it's roll rate is slower, and generally flies lazier than the official version. Forward speed on the 3s is the same as the 3s version of the official version, and you only get the flaps on the advanced 4S version. So take that for what it's worth They Look exactly the same in the air but one definitely has more performance than the other...

I just downloaded Technoid's aircraft and right off the bat it seems to fly much slower than the RF version. When I say slow I mean it's roll rate is slower, and generally flies lazier than the official version. Forward speed on the 3s is the same as the 3s version of the official version, and you only get the flaps on the advanced 4S version. So take that for what it's worth They Look exactly the same in the air but one definitely has more performance than the other...
@csgill75 Thanks for checking my plane out and the review. I'll be getting the download version soon and will take a look and possibly rework mine and upload a new version. I did say in the release notes that mine was the ARF version so some personal tunning would be in order. I did read several posts on the web with people buying and setting up the ARF version. And like @BILLFITT said mine was tunning for a novice pilot. Do me a favor and check the roll rate at full throttle it should be 1 second, let me know if that isn't what you're seeing.

I haven’t flown the rf version but I know technoids version was geared to a newer pilot as myself.
Nothing wrong with that. Just don't buy a real aircraft and expect it to fly like the one Technoid created. If you are used to having less performance, than you will end up in trouble with flying the real aircraft. If you are indeed going to fly the real aircraft I would buy the official version since they tune it to fly like the real aircraft and they have access to electronic settings us on the forum do not have so SAFE and AS3X works like the real aircraft does. I am not downing the work done on Technoid's aircraft at all, it very accurate looking and I can't tell the difference when i flip from one to the other when it is on the ground. The only difference is the way it flies which is easy to fix in the physics.

I have not flown the real aircraft, but I expect it to fly much like the official version. Other aircraft They produced that I have flown are very close to their versions in RF.

@csgill75 Thanks for checking my plane out and the review. I'll be getting the download version soon and will take a look and possibly rework mine and upload a new version. I did say in the release notes that mine was the ARF version so some personal tunning would be in order. I did read several posts on the web with people buying and setting up the ARF version. And like @BILLFITT said mine was tunning for a novice pilot. Do me a favor and check the roll rate at full throttle it should be 1 second, let me know if that isn't what you're seeing.
I get 1 second on your version, however the 3S version of the one just released is probably double that roll rate. It is very fast. It is just snappier all the way around, good for 3D Flying.

The 4S version is FAST... 70mph straight and level and turned up a little bit more on the controls.

My opinion of the real aircraft is that if it is anything like the official version, it is NOT an aircraft for the new or beginner pilot. This is more of an aircraft Like the Modeltech Magic you did for me, which is a rather hot 3D Stick aircraft when flying the real aircraft.

Last edited:
I get 1 second on your version, however the 3S version of the one just released is probably double that roll rate. It is very fast. It is just snappier all the way around, good for 3D Flying.

The 4S version is FAST... 70mph straight and level and turned up a little bit more on the controls.

My opinion of the real aircraft is that if it is anything like the official version, it is NOT an aircraft for the new or beginner pilot. This is more of an aircraft Like the Modeltech Magic you did for me, which is a rather hot 3D Stick aircraft when flying the real aircraft.
Okay, thanks. I'll have to see what I think after I check it out. That seems pretty hot for a Stick. That would be pretty easy to find stuck in the ground for a beginner.

So I put the RF version in LOW rates on the TX and it is much closer to the version you did Technoid. Roll rate maybe is a little bit faster than 1 Second... but it tames it down a lot. Basically your High rate is their Low rate and their High rate is snappy and fast.

I never really fly in Low rates except to take off and land so I am accustomed to always flying in High rates. Hence the reason for seeing how much more performance is in the RF version. :)

So I put the RF version in LOW rates on the TX and it is much closer to the version you did Technoid. Roll rate maybe is a little bit faster than 1 Second... but it tames it down a lot. Basically your High rate is their Low rate and their High rate is snappy and fast.
Okay thanks !!!

I never really fly in Low rates except to take off and land so I am accustomed to always flying in High rates. Hence the reason for seeing how much more performance is in the RF version. :)
Hum.. Does the version you're talking about (3S or 4S) have full width ailerons enabled. Mine has that feature on the CH 7 switch and does quicken the roll rate.

Back