Recent content by Jim Coleman

1. J

Multiplayer bandwidth requirements

Sorry about the blazing speed of the response. The requirement is somewhat variable in that there are other factors that can slow a multiplayer session down (graphics processing because of the additional aircraft rendered, how many players are in the session, are you automatically checking your...
  2. J

Grass. I want it.

We hear you request. :) Unfortunately we cannot comment on future features, release dates, etc. Sorry.
  3. J

Can't connect to server

Make sure that you can FTP through any firewall you might be using.
  4. J

please help!!! urgent

You can try to manually copy the DCK file found on your RealFlight CD into the \Data directory of the RealFlight installation. If this doesn't work, then it's possible you have a bad CD. If this is the case Tech Support will have to mail you a new one.
  5. J

Fix for Realflight G2 nVidia drivers??

Just a reminder that sound drivers are just as important as video drivers. Make sure these are updated as well. We are currently working with nVidia in an effort to find any problems. We'll keep you posted.
  6. J

Engine sound quits.

You can also just delete your RealFlight.ini file. It's a lot faster than reinstalling.
  7. J

G2- WinXP problems (spent 5hrs on this...ugh)

Give this one a try: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
  8. J

Event set up question

The aircraft you select for events are the same aircraft used in RealFlight during any other time.
  9. J

RealFlight plane location folder

If you used the default options during installation, the plane files should be C:\Program Files\RealFlight\Planes The files describing each plane with have the .pln extension.
  10. J

Problem seeing other players when connected

Microsoft has acknowleged a problem with disconnects using DirectPlay (RealFlight G2 uses DirectPlay for mplayer). Make sure you have all of the most recent Windows updates.
  11. J

Having trouble with events.

Have you tried different airports (just trying to narrow down the problem)?
  12. J

Sorry the airfoil NACA 2412 no longer exists...

You can edit the plane and select a different airfoil. However while changing the airfoil will stop the errors, the plane will atually behave differently.
  13. J

Realflight is the worst coded software i've ever seen

Well, we set up the boards to help people in mass. Maybe our conversation will help others with your similar problem.
  14. J

Realflight is the worst coded software i've ever seen

Like my compadre, Ryan, mentioned we don't go around policing the boards (we just read 'em). Our basic rule of thumb is to 'keep it clean', and try not to get 'out of hand'. I'll also add that if we have wronged you in some way, we'll do our best to fix it. :cool:
  15. J

Creative Extigy

Make sure the your video drivers are up to date. You can also try turning the fog off.
Back