Recent content by r1derbike

1. r1derbike

RF G5.5 issues new Dell G7

Well ... I don't know what was wrong. I uninstalled RF G5.5, reinstalled, fired it up and it worked fine at over 300 fps. Set parms where I liked and got around 125 fps average. Big mystery. Sigh. Thanks for all the suggestions! Luckily, got the AUO display (luck of the draw) which may be...
  2. r1derbike

RF G5.5 issues new Dell G7

Bought new Dell G7 laptop (GTX1060, hex-core i7H, 16GB RAM, SSD, HDD ... yadda yadda) and at stock settings (RF G5.5), suffers from very slow fps (24). Let it install its ancient DirectX 9 when prompted. Tried full-screen, no v-sync. Checked settings and all parms are very minimal, which ran...
  3. r1derbike

The Truth, Gentlemen?

Thanks for the input, gentlemen. I think I will spring for it as I've already got the elite controller with 5.0, I purchased. I'm assuming there are no new functions that would require another controller?
  4. r1derbike

The Truth, Gentlemen?

I'm glad to be back. I just reinstalled 5.5 on a laptop I purchased last year, and it appears to be running super. To those who have just used the $50.00 upgrade disk for RF7, are you satisfied that it was worth the money? I think future features will use it as a prerequisite, but I want gut...
  5. r1derbike

Beat My Alt - 1,000,000 Ft Club

"I can see stars from my house!" Charles
  6. r1derbike

Hey! I know that AP! Kicked-up some dust many a time!
  7. r1derbike

Still pales in comparison to the debaucherous, dubious distinction of the 5280 ft. club. Charles
  8. r1derbike

What happened to Events? (dead stick, limbo, etc)

Didn't like some aspects of every release, including G3. Didn't keep me from upgrading through G5+. Was vocal about them, too. Bottom line; I always felt I got WAY more sim for my money than I paid, through upgrades. Rob Peter, pay Paul. Gain some, lose some. What ever the progression of...
  9. r1derbike

Annoying clouds at Joe's Garage.

Who's LILO, and why are they giving him/her away? Charles
  10. r1derbike

OK, here's one for the original poster.
  11. r1derbike

Oh no! Oh no! Uranus (Ouranos), God of the Heavens, is sending smoke signals to earthlings! Could it be...yes...it must be! A former forum member is wearing...(Z)ebra (J)ammies! Oh...the humanity of it all! Woe is me...WOE IS ME!
  12. r1derbike

Whatever happened

The 850 Commando is my all-time favorite retro bike. Had to give-up riding after 40 years, last 25 of them on sportbikes. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/Motorcycling/ http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/r1derbike/Motorcycling/Dragging%20Hard%20Parts/
  13. r1derbike

Raven vs R/C plane

I chased what appeared to be a vulture, in the distance, with my obnoxious stryker. I flew back to the field, it followed, and it looked like a bald eagle when it got close enough. It would have made short work of the stryker, if it wanted. He departed after I landed.
  14. r1derbike

Whatever happened

Here's the way I've started to view things here, and day to day living; if it doesn't affect me personally, it doesn't exist for me. A non-issue, irrelevant. Life's too short to get caught-up with those whom have multi-personality disorder, delusions of grandeur, schizophrenic disorder...
  15. r1derbike

Whatever happened

Rick is a super talent. Egos seem to get in the way of greatness, sometimes. I don't care what alias he uses, as long as he's civil, and keeps uploading planes. Haven't been on the forum much, due to medical issues, and don't know how this played-out, so all I see are the contributions to the...
Back