Recent content by Stringfellow

1. Stringfellow

People who went from RF8 to evolution

I can't agree with that. 144hz looks better in EVERY application. I'd never want to go back to the old 60hz we were all used to in 1995. Yuck!
  2. Stringfellow

Does VR work well in RealFlight 10?

Totally agree. I've played with the anti-aliasing settings in the Nvidia control panel. From none to 8x... nothing makes the slightest difference in VR. All models are VERY jaggy. I did try Virtual Desktop, but it behaved strangely... - RF was gone from my Oculus library altogether. Just...
  3. Stringfellow

Just started using a Quest 3 with Realflight v8 via a Syntech 16' link cable... usb3 A to Quest usbC port. i72600k 16gb ram gtx 1070 Well, it works. It seems to be marginally clearer. And surprisingly seems to run with less ghosting in VR multiplayer by maintaining a higher fps. With my...
  4. Stringfellow

Hmm. Well, I was hoping that Evolution would lend it'self better to VR than did previous versions. Although I did enjoy RF on my v1 Oculus until it died. Now I'm looking to replace it... maybe with the Quest 3? Has anyone tried RF with the Q3? Does it's better resolution at least help with...
  5. Stringfellow

I've been flying RF-8 using the v1 Oculus Rift. It's been a good experience, and I don't know why others say that RF doesn't lend it'self well to VR. - My gaming pc is older and struggles to keep up the 90/45hz refresh rate, so I will need to upgrade on that account alone. 16gb, i72600...
  6. Stringfellow

VR Headset Support

Hmm, it's worrying nobody answered. I'm currently using CV1 and would like to upgrade. Rift is great but ohhh that screen door! So is there some issue running RF8 on your HP? I would have thought it would work fine?
  7. Stringfellow

Photo Field - again....

Never tried to do this. One thing to consider - If you host multiplayer, nobody will be able to join your session if they haven't downloaded your custom field.
  8. Stringfellow

Too many glitches / bugs. Can't fly.

Mostly just with multiplayer. Maybe it's the cumalative Windows-10 updates that are causing the problems. Realflight just behaves differently in a number of benign ways... in addition to these frequent crashes and glitches. It still does work fine for me too... when it works. There are just...
  9. Stringfellow

Too many glitches / bugs. Can't fly.

This is getting bad now... I just gave up out of frustration even trying to sim today. I'm using... - Oculus cv1 - i7 2600k - 16gb ram - GTX 1070 I launch Realflight 8 from the Oculus library. Realflight always launches 'frozen' until I use the Oculus desktop to click on the screen and it...
  10. Stringfellow

Multiplayer merger

This is great news... thankyou!
  11. Stringfellow

Do you have RF9 (or 8) and Oculus Rift S?

Yes, very interested in this. I'm using the original Rift and though the experience is great... resolution leaves much to be desired. And I would assume that a higher rez headset would make all the difference, but some have said that Realflight is limited because it's DirectX 9. Seems like...
  12. Stringfellow

Empty Multiplayer

I remember that. It's a chief worry concerning RF9. RC flying is shrinking as a hobby and RF9 cuts shrinking pie into more slices. Bad for multiplayer.
  13. Stringfellow

Interesting! Does 'most difficult' = More realistic?
  14. Stringfellow

Not alot in RC8? As in a barebones sim? How's the multiplayer... lots of pilots? Any heli pilots? Lol... not many of us heli pilots on RF multi these days. Total plank & drone world. How's the editor? I've never seen anything like the RF editor. I've tried Phoenix, NeXt and AccuRC. All...
  15. Stringfellow

RealFlight 9 is coming soon!

Yes, so many are guessing that RFx is abandoned and there's no voice to the contrary. It would be great to hear it if there's something new coming. Not everyone dissed x. Some of us saw it as a bud that could grow into something great... and we defended it as such against the complainers...
Back