Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

Allaraine said:
I have just bought G4 at a yard sale, it did not come with the controller, they said it was broken. How am i able to use the program without a controller?

Get the "Broken" controller ( which if you purchased the software from them they MUST give to you or else they are in violation of the Eula... ), then call up Tech Support and see about getting it repaired.

If they will not give it to you, get your money back as they are committing fraud.

I think the next story from another person will be, "I was driving down the road, and I saw some discs lying there. It was a copy of RF. How am I able to use the program without a controller?"

Craziest thing happened...

Yeah so... my um, dog... he ate the interlink that's supposed to come with... I mean that I actually HAD at one time! Yeah... and it's the funniest thing, he chewed it up RIGHT where the serial number was, so... It's mangled to the point of unrecognizable gunk right now! Guess the Knife Edge people will need to just send me a new one! ;)

Oh yeah, the little sucker ate all the CD's as well, including expansion packs 1-5 and the corresponding jewel cases! All, I might add, to the point of unrecognizability, so I can't send the tech support guys anything that could be construed as the original software/hardware/etc. :rolleyes:

cann't add on

Hello I'm new on the forum..and i've seen some post on this ,but i have g4.5 downloaded the add on's 1-5 but can't get them to open in 4.5 i have win-xp I did what the instutions said and nothing even tried it with win zip it just opens to a DCK file in data help please thank you...

Alibaba said:
i wrote them waiting a responce but i thank you much for you help....I did just as instructed

No sorry you DID NOT.

EACH and EVERY time we have seen the problem that you describe here ( and this has occurred hundreds of times ) it has ALWAYS turned out to be that the user did not do things properly.

Usually the person THINKS they followed each step accurately when in point of fact they missed some important detail because they are not necessarily that familiar with doing things like this.

I can guarantee you that it will turn out to be that you made a very small mistake.

Alibaba.....
They can't be going to a "Data" folder in the real flight folder in My Documents
Because for one there is no "Data" file in the "My documents" folder !!
add -ons do NOT go in the my documents RF folder at all
The default RF install puts a "user" folder in "My Documents" for custom content
AND
a folder to run the program in the "C" drive
SO
the correct path to extract the Add-on(s) zip file(s) to is:

C:/Program Files/RealFlightG4/Data

If you did not specify the above path
then you've found that user error/small mistake that opjose is referring to :D

Last edited:
opjose said:
Actually it is

C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data
While accurate, I don't believe that will be helpful to the OP. Look at post #371. I hope he can figure it out.

its a fairly simple process

I don't mean to be overly critical.. but downloading the realflight packs for G4.5 is a fairly simple process...
1. you download the .zip file into a temporary folder... make one in my documents..
2. you double-click or right click the zipped folder and tell it to "extract all"
it will place the unzipped file into its own home folder.
3. you copy the unzipped file into the data folder that is in the realflightg4 folder...
ie /realflightg4/data
then launch g4,,, and the add-ons will be listed in the "select aircraft" and/or the "select fields" section..

if you have problems doing this.. get a friend/neighbor or relative that is computer savy to help you... its confusing to a person that does not understand file structures or file handling.. so until you understand those basics... unzipping and moving files around is always going to give you some frustration.. just my 2 cents .. joeg

Modifying airports

Hey guys,

I like to post colorschemes and enjoy modifying airports. The EA's from the swaps import as KEX files to use on the object palette.

I can't seem to import any of the stock aircraft included with G4.5. Is there any way to use these planes as airport objects when creating new airports.

Thanks for all the great work. I really enjoy..

Back