Aerobat

I went around and tweaked the servos, linkage, and horns to make them fit. I also tweaked the tail gear it was a little off. I think I'm going to add a tiny bit of chamfer to the end of the wings instead of leaving them completely square. And I may change my mind and map it before I start on the physics. But right now it's time for coffee.

Well, it was an interesting experiment but I don't think I'm going to use them. But they don't look bad. Here's a picture of both styles I worked on if you want to comment on which one you like the best.

Aerobat 36.jpgAerobat 37.jpg

Technoid, I know you are interested in Fraps benchmarks, here is some RF-X data recorded with Fraps, I just installed a RTX 4080 in my PC.
Framerates with the RTX 2080 was around the 200-fps mark, now I get 440-450 fps, (all settings at maximum). Now I wonder what a RTX 4090 Ti would hit?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-30 224021.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-30 224021.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5
  • RF-X_x64 2023-04-30 22-22-28-86.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2023-04-30 22-22-28-86.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 5
Technoid, I know you are interested in Fraps benchmarks, here is some RF-X data recorded with Fraps, I just installed a RTX 4080 in my PC.
Framerates with the RTX 2080 was around the 200-fps mark, now I get 440-450 fps, (all settings at maximum). Now I wonder what a RTX 4090 Ti would hit?
Wow, now that's what I call high frame rates. :)

I just added the test stripes to do the 1x1 mapping with and took a quick look. Everything is very close so it should be easy. But now it's time to cook something to eat and watch a movie with the wife. I need to come up with some sort of color scheme, I haven't even looked yet.

I finished the 1x1 mapping so it's time to look around for a color scheme. And of course work on the physics.

This plane was created from another project which had balsa framework for the wings, hstab, and vstab so I left it in. I didn't remap those parts after reworking the plane to make the Aerobat but I thought you might not see any mismatches since it was just balsa grain. Anyway I might use it to add a slight balsa built-up look for effect. I'll see what it looks like after I get a color scheme on it. But here's a test of what I mean on the wing. I haven't added the see through work on the stabilizers yet. Basically I just make the area that has balsa frame work a little but see through, but very little.

Aerobat 42.jpg

Last edited:
Back