Extra NG

I just went and took some for you, here`s some shots...One step forward or backward does make a diff. on whether you can see it or not, you have to get the glare to hit just right.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1681237711.jpg
    ScreenShot1681237711.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1681237720.jpg
    ScreenShot1681237720.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1681237765.jpg
    ScreenShot1681237765.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1681237782.jpg
    ScreenShot1681237782.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1681237828.jpg
    ScreenShot1681237828.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot1681237835.jpg
    ScreenShot1681237835.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 13
Ahhh…….. that’s the modeled ribs. I’ve got a slight sag between the ribs so the light reflects differently there.
Yep, I could see that, I guess it`s the way the light hits it, causing a shadow effect on the ribs and spar that`s giving it a semi-transparent look, but as you say, it wasn`t intentional, so I don`t know what`s happening, but it looks nice.

One last thing, on my end it takes quite a while for the DDS to generate, and then again once you select it from the list. I'm not sure if it's just on my end or if there's something going on somewhere. So please let me know if loading is an issue for you. I'm not sure exactly what I can do to fix it if it is a problem though.
It is heavy because there are too many meshes.
Taxing will drop the framerate a lot.
I think you need to reduce the mesh and set the collision mesh (~CS_COLL).
I am attaching a screenshot.
please take care of it.

Attachments

• collision_p51.jpg
    collision_p51.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 15
  • collision.jpg
    collision.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 15
It is heavy because there are too many meshes.
Taxing will drop the framerate a lot.
I think you need to reduce the mesh and set the collision mesh (~CS_COLL).
I am attaching a screenshot.
please take care of it.
Yes, I still need to add the collision mesh. That's always the last thing I do after I make sure everything is correct with the model. All of my models have many objects in them. I know it drops the FPS, but it works just fine on my dinosaur of a laptop so I think most users will be ok in that aspect. The only time I see an issue with FPS is when smoke is involved, and even then it takes a lot of that to start slowing things down. Once I set the collisions, the tri count should be cut drastically.

Yes, I still need to add the collision mesh. That's always the last thing I do after I make sure everything is correct with the model. All of my models have many objects in them. I know it drops the FPS, but it works just fine on my dinosaur of a laptop so I think most users will be ok in that aspect. The only time I see an issue with FPS is when smoke is involved, and even then it takes a lot of that to start slowing things down. Once I set the collisions, the tri count should be cut drastically.
Yeah once you create the collision mesh the total triangles will go down about 50%.

yeah if you dont provide a collison mesh RF will duplicate the graphic mesh for the Collison mesh
Yep that's why I mentioned the total triangles will go down about 50% after the collision mesh is created. I learned that in my early days when I didn't create a collision mesh. The video I watched that got me started modeling didn't mention them so I just started modeling and never created them. But like abaser mentioned he was just waiting until the end to do them.

Last edited:
So I spent a big portion of tonight trying to repaint the engine since I lost all of the materials in the file conversion. I finally got things like I wanted them, only to import it into RF and see that the materials didn't transfer over near like what I intended. I'll give it another try or two, but if I can't get it dialed in pretty quick, I think I'll just do away with it as I'm sure nobody will ever even look at it. Speaking of looking at things, anybody notice the pilot feature?

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1681363774.jpg
    ScreenShot1681363774.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 15
Well, I hope you can get the engine situation figured out, it certainly looks nice, people will notice it if you let them know in the description that the option is there/available. I did notice the pilot animation, very nice job.... (y) (y) :)

I hope you get the colors right for the engine you did a super job of modeling it. I for one would love to see it in the released plane. As for the Pilot I didn't notice but I'll take another look.

EDIT: I just checked out the Pilot, very cool I love it.

Last edited:
Back