Goldberg Tiger 120 GP

I just finished the last part of mapping the engine. I already mapped it but after that you need to add it to the color scheme. Now all I have to do is paint it and import the 2-stroke version into RealFlight. Of course I'll have to update the physics for the 2-stroke engine but I'm getting there.

I updated the color scheme with the new engine mapping and painted it but wouldn't you know I forgot something. So now I have to go back and fix it. Duh! I always map the inside of the muffler exhaust separately so I can paint it dark but I forgot to do that so one more thing to fix. But the engine looks really nice.

Ugh! You know it's not that big a deal to go back and remap a small part but it's just the time it takes to redo it. The remapping, create the template again, and then update the color scheme with the new template so you can paint it. It's one of those things you get mad at yourself for messing up. But I guess I better bite the bullet and go back fix it. Or maybe I'll just ask ASJ to fix it for me.

You did a great job with the Tiger-120. Maybe next you could make another one of my planes, an A-24 Banshee. It was the Army version of the SBD Dauntless. Then I would have all eight of my RC airplanes available in RF.

You did a great job with the Tiger-120. Maybe next you could make another one of my planes, an A-24 Banshee. It was the Army version of the SBD Dauntless. Then I would have all eight of my RC airplanes available in RF.
I've done a few warbirds but mostly I do rc planes. What I like the most is creating my own versions that look like an rc plane or a warbird but with larger wings, stabilizers, and control surfaces so they perform better. I'm one of those guys that like to flip flop the plane around close to me just to have fun with it. I'm not a 3D guy just Fun Fly. Legoman and asj5547 are the scale modelers.

I went back and remapped the inside of the exhaust pipe so I could paint it dark then created a new template for the color scheme. Then I updated the color scheme with the new mapping and also updated the spec map. I also reworked the physics for the 2-stroke so that's done too. The 2-stroke weighs less than the 4-stroke so the wing loading went down so it fly's a bit nicer. I think it's finished but I'll fly it a little more before I release it.

SO.. what color scheme should this plane have? Should I release it with the same Red and White CS that's on the other Tigers I modeled and release the new ARF CS as an Add-On? Or should I use the new ARF CS for the release and have the Red and White CS as an Add-On?

I went back and remapped the inside of the exhaust pipe so I could paint it dark then created a new template for the color scheme. Then I updated the color scheme with the new mapping and also updated the spec map. I also reworked the physics for the 2-stroke so that's done too. The 2-stroke weighs less than the 4-stroke so the wing loading went down so it fly's a bit nicer. I think it's finished but I'll fly it a little more before I release it.

SO.. what color scheme should this plane have? Should I release it with the same Red and White CS that's on the other Tigers I modeled and release the new ARF CS as an Add-On? Or should I use the new ARF CS for the release and have the Red and White CS as an Add-On?
Use the ARF CS..... (y)

I've been flying the Tiger and everything seems okay. I do have a small tweak I want to do to the color scheme but other than that it seems good to go. I did speed up the retracts I got some comments about slow retracts when I first released it so I thought I'd speed them up. They were 4 seconds now they're 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Back