Katana Revisit

I lost my internet Friday. Some guy with a cherry picker decided to run into the wires and take down about 300 feet worth before the wires caught him well enough to force him off the road.

I finally got it back Friday night. It is amazing how dependent on it we get. I missed an engagement because I only had the address in e-mail. Doh! :p

I lost my internet Friday. Some guy with a cherry picker decided to run into the wires and take down about 300 feet worth before the wires caught him well enough to force him off the road.

I finally got it back Friday night. It is amazing how dependent on it we get. I missed an engagement because I only had the address in e-mail. Doh! :p

I wish it were that simple.

Ya thats a good thing
When I first saw the first 2 thumbs jeff posted for you I thought they were pictures of the real thing !
even after clicking on them it took a second or 4 to realize it was your model !

Ya thats a good thing
When I first saw the first 2 thumbs jeff posted for you I thought they were pictures of the real thing !
even after clicking on them it took a second or 4 to realize it was your model !

All point sources are a 10!

I used to know some guys who rated girls by how close they could get before they could tell they were not a 10.

In all seriousness, the model is coming along great.

Jeff, can you post that pic of the boxes in question?

I'm trying to get a definitive answer on what they are.

Sure. Give me a few.

Attachments

• 072912194745.jpg
    072912194745.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thanks Jeff. Not being a big bird guy, I'm not sure what these two boxes are. Dual receivers?

There are 14 servos on it.

Modeling is almost complete. All that's left is a servo tray for the 3 rudder servos, fuel tubing from the tank, and a C mesh. Then the fun of making this beast begins.

More progress pics

Attachments

• 073012192416.jpg
    073012192416.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 073012192437.jpg
    073012192437.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 073012192457.jpg
    073012192457.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 073012192544.jpg
    073012192544.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 16
Thanks again Jeff.

Modeling is practically done. Just a few more linkages, and a C mesh to go.

Poly count, a mere 16910.:D

Honestly, not bad at all. I've got maybe an hour in doing them. Just a little rotate/extrude combo to get them semi in place then fine tuning on the placement. With the front set, I did one side and mirrored the other.

Oh yeah, the smaller ones are only 4 sided. 2 sides red,2 sides yellow.

Andy's CS progress pics....

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 10
  • imagejpeg_2_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 9
  • imagejpeg_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Scott.

The right side is nearly complete. I've been playing around with drop shadows on this one and think it adds to the CS in more ways than one. Anyway, the white stripe on the fuse will be redone, but you get the idea.

Thanks Scott. I was told by a reliable source that the larger box is a power box. However, I am still not sure what the smaller one is supposed to be. My guess is a receiver, but I'm looking for confirmation before going on in that area.

So, if anyone uses these, let me know.

Back