Orion G801

Flip, Rules are made to be broken, just like world records are there to be broken and challenged, if people didn`t try different things aka looking outside the box, we as a race, would still be living in the dark ages. You have to give Donomy credit for trying something different with this model, did it work for you, apparently not, I`m sure your opinion is welcome, but don`t be to critical, the modeler has free rein to do as he wishes with his model, and we as people that download any given model have the ability to use an editor to make said model more to our liking.

UT. Sorry that's silly reasoning. And as a forum member I have the right to critique a modelers work, as I've seen you do many times. And for the record I've modeled for years and have created many planes. So think of my comments as a peer review and if the modeler develops an attitude I return that attitude. He made a bad choice. Even the method of applying the brakes is backwards and that was mentioned before he released the plane, why not fix it rather than be bull headed about it and stay with something that was clearly wrong. A beautiful plane ruined by the little details.

WELL, no denying, those words are as true today as the day they were written......;):D

As critical as you've been from time to time you should allow others to be critical too. My comments are based on KE's recommended way of doing it and their way works so tossing them to the side to do it differently, which doesn't work as expected, is clearly the wrong way to do it. WHY am I attacked for directing a new comer to use the tried and true method of doing things developed by the creator of the program. I got an attitude so I returned that attitude.

And UT I like you but cliche' after cliche' doesn't work that well.

I take your comments as being "constructive criticism", (not critical) to the modeler and there is nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion, as there is nothing wrong me expressing mine. Have I been harsh at times /offered constructive criticism....yes... But don`t shoot Donomy for trying something different, it`s as simple as that, I, for one admire his effort for trying something different, did it work on his computer before he released it..???apparently, thus the release. Do I have RF9 ...no... therefore, I can`t offer any opinion on the plane itself, If I did have it, I imagine I would have said something about it if it didn`t work as hoped, but nothing to harsh at all, no big deal, I just would tried to make an AV or park it in hanger.

It's Donamy BTW.

You sure it isn't Ricky Delten? You sure come off as him. BRILLIANT model creator with a smug attitude who has been banned from these forums countless times in the past.

I'm simply pointing out a error in the physics for the brake system, I doubt that a real or RC aircraft would behave in the manner to which it is acting. It's a good model, flies great once you get in the air. Looks really good. I don't even have a problem with the diff brakes as it's easy to control once you learn it. Just a problem with the nose gear and the way it handles when pulling up on taking off is definitely not something that is normal. Take it as constructive criticism, maybe fix the problem and release it.

Last edited:
I take your comments as being "constructive criticism", (not critical) to the modeler and there is nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion, as there is nothing wrong me expressing mine. Have I been harsh at times /offered constructive criticism....yes... But don`t shoot Donomy for trying something different, it`s as simple as that, I, for one admire his effort for trying something different, did it work on his computer before he released it..???apparently, thus the release. Do I have RF9 ...no... therefore, I can`t offer any opinion on the plane itself, If I did have it, I imagine I would have said something about it if it didn`t work as hoped, but nothing to harsh at all, no big deal, I just would tried to make an AV or park it in hanger.

UT. I've read posts of yours that were very harsh so this post seems silly. Basically your post says this. "Yes I've done it but you're wrong for doing it".

It's actually time to stop, can we?

UT. I've read posts of yours that were very harsh so this post seems silly. Basically your post says this. "Yes I've done it but you're wrong for doing it".

It's actually time to stop, can we?
Flip, I`d love nothing more than to stop, BUT, your comment begs the question, WHO was I "very" harsh to..??? NOW, I`m not denying that I was very harsh to a particular individual (I`d prefer to call it "tough love" in this particular case ) BUT, that person ( who`s name I won`t mention) ultimately agreed with what I said publicly right hear in the forums and returned to the forums, I could say more about that case, but, as I said, I don`t want to reveal that person, SO, in the end, we could/can call what I did "constructive criticism"...... NOW, I`m not criticizing you for saying what you say about the Orion, if it`s not your cup of tea...fine, therefore, "you`re not wrong for doing it" and, I like to think your comments are welcome BUT, I am criticizing you however for telling the modeler it should have been done "by the book". perhaps I didn`t make that clear enough, I`ll be the first to admit that I`m terrible at putting my thoughts on paper so to speak..... I`ve been around here long enough to see many good modelers quit modeling and leave the forums because to many people were telling them "what they should do" or what they did, and I might say not in a nice way. SO, in the end, I don`t want to see Donamy leave, not necessarily because he obviously would build the Mooney, but more because, I don`t want to see RF or the forums lose another good modeler.... SO NOW, I have a question for you, just out of curiosity alone, you say that you`ve built models before, SO why is your file EMPTY, just curious, seems like Ive asked you that before, never got an answer..... I was thinking of leaving you another "cliche" but I`ll spare you this time..;);):D In as much as I hate the ending, I`ve got to finish watching "Easy Rider":D

Last edited:
Flip, I`d love nothing more than to stop, BUT, your comment begs the question, WHO was I "very" harsh to..??? NOW, I`m not denying that I was very harsh to a particular individual (I`d prefer to call it "tough love" in this particular case ) BUT, that person ( who`s name I won`t mention) ultimately agreed with what I said publicly right hear in the forums and returned to the forums, I could say more about that case, but, as I said, I don`t want to reveal that person, SO, in the end, we could/can call what I did "constructive criticism"...... NOW, I`m not criticizing you for saying what you say about the Orion, if it`s not your cup of tea...fine, therefore, "you`re not wrong for doing it" and, I like to think your comments are welcome BUT, I am criticizing you however for telling the modeler it should have been done "by the book". perhaps I didn`t make that clear enough, I`ll be the first to admit that I`m terrible at putting my thoughts on paper so to speak..... I`ve been around here long enough to see many good modelers quit modeling and leave the forums because to many people were telling them "what they should do" or what they did, and I might say not in a nice way. SO, in the end, I don`t want to see Donamy leave, not necessarily because he obviously would build the Mooney, but more because, I don`t want to see RF or the forums lose another good modeler.... SO NOW, I have a question for you, just out of curiosity alone, you say that you`ve built models before, SO why is your file EMPTY, just curious, seems like Ive asked you that before, never got an answer..... I was thinking of leaving you another "cliche" but I`ll spare you this time..;);):D In as much as I hate the ending, I`ve got to finish watching "Easy Rider":D

Jeez you can't stop. Okay you know the guy and I called you out on your comments to him before. Tough love, ridiculous, your comments were way too harsh and you admitted in this thread you did it so don't expect me to give names or links to posts that you've already admitted you did. ALL I'm saying is you've done the same thing I've done, stick your nose in another persons build. But I can't do the same thing you do. This is an open forum and I can give comments on how I feel about someones build just like you do. You have kept this going when it could have stopped. You must be right, but you aren't.

You say the guy ultimately agreed with what you said but to me it was clear he was only making peace with you so he could stay around. You drove him to the point he needed to go for some peace so he did that to stop your comments. Accept the responsibility for what you did.

My planes. Well as much as I read this forum I've never wanted to be part of the building end because of stuff just like this so I build them and fly them but don't share them. But they're old school RC planes. I've been around years longer than my account creation date I just didn't feel like posting at first but I liked keeping up with RealFlight so I read the forum (lots). Finally something bugged me enough I had to post about it.

DONAMY: I'm sorry this problem with UT and ME has caused such a mess in your build thread so I'm going to stop. UT can be right, I give it to him.

Last edited:
Well flip, I appreciate the fact that your surrendering AND chastising me at the same time in your post, but to fair, I`ll tell you what I`m going to do in order for you to redeem yourself to us forum members....#1...Send me a PM of WHO the person was that you`re referring to and elaborate as to what I said to him a little to further convince me a little, AND I`ll tell if you`re right or wrong, you may be right if you are, I will come back on this thread and let everyone know that you were. if your wrong, I won`t say anything about it here. period,....I will say this, I`m tired of you chastising me constantly and twisting my words in this thread in order for you to convince yourself and everyone here that you`re right,.... so let`s settle that via PM`s in order to spare everyone here. I think that`s a fair deal. ......#2...RE: your planes, if you fly them in RF as you say Post some pictures of them here in this thread AT a RF field that we`re all familiar with such as the RF field with it`s tower that we all know so well, please make them fairly close, so we can get a good look at them, NOW, if you don`t have enough brass to do that and further prove to us that you`re telling the the truth, Then I/we will think that you`re doing nothing more than blowing smoke in a place that it simply doesn`t belong. I think these proposals are very fair and I`ve all of this without saying one bad word about you . the ball is in your court. ;)

Well flip, I appreciate the fact that your surrendering AND chastising me at the same time in your post, but to fair, I`ll tell you what I`m going to do in order for you to redeem yourself to us forum members....#1...Send me a PM of WHO the person was that you`re referring to and elaborate as to what I said to him a little to further convince me a little, AND I`ll tell if you`re right or wrong, you may be right if you are, I will come back on this thread and let everyone know that you were. if your wrong, I won`t say anything about it here. period,....I will say this, I`m tired of you chastising me constantly and twisting my words in this thread in order for you to convince yourself and everyone here that you`re right,.... so let`s settle that via PM`s in order to spare everyone here. I think that`s a fair deal. ......#2...RE: your planes, if you fly them in RF as you say Post some pictures of them here in this thread AT a RF field that we`re all familiar with such as the RF field with it`s tower that we all know so well, please make them fairly close, so we can get a good look at them, NOW, if you don`t have enough brass to do that and further prove to us that you`re telling the the truth, Then I/we will think that you`re doing nothing more than blowing smoke in a place that it simply doesn`t belong. I think these proposals are very fair and I`ve all of this without saying one bad word about you . the ball is in your court. ;)

A quick goodbye to this bickering I will not post about it again.

You said in one of your posts you knew who it was and said you did it.

No reason to redeem myself I've spoke the truth.

I'm not lying about my planes but I don't need to prove myself to you.

No PMs necessary take the ball and run with it I give it to you.

Boy, talk about grabbing the anchor and jumping overboard, you put a different spin on the old saying "going down with the ship", flip I appreciate you for taking one last shot AND missing I might add, SO, with that I `m done with this as well. Donamy, thank you so much for putting up with this, and I look forward to us talking again on a more positive topic.;):D

I'm just happy to be here.
If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry. It was not my intent. I tried a little bad humor and got burned. I like the way I have the controls set up on this plane, for various reasons. They may not be to others liking, but anyone can change them to their own, quite easily. I'm still very new to this, (like 4 or 4 months). I know I still have a lot to learn, before my projects can come close to the pros here. But with the help from some very helpful forum members, I'll get better.

Happy flying.

I'm just happy to be here.
If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry. It was not my intent. I tried a little bad humor and got burned. I like the way I have the controls set up on this plane, for various reasons. They may not be to others liking, but anyone can change them to their own, quite easily. I'm still very new to this, (like 4 or 4 months). I know I still have a lot to learn, before my projects can come close to the pros here. But with the help from some very helpful forum members, I'll get better.

Happy flying.
Donamy, glad to hear that you`re still happy to be here, and again, I apologize for all the fuss.:p.. I`ve read this whole thread, and didn`t see any where, where you offended anyone, If you have offended anyone, then that person is pretty thin skinned....therefor, you have no need to apologize. I wish I had RF 9, but I don`t (that`s another story) so I could try the Orion, I agree with your attitude about the controls, I`ve downloaded quite a few EA`s that weren`t quite to my liking, , so I went into the editor made my changes, then I was a happy camper done deal. I have obviously seen the Orion, and thought you did a great job modeling it, I`m really impressed with what little I`ve seen of the interior, wish I could see more !!!....In my opinion, if you`ve only been at this for for 4+ mos. then your doing a fantastic job. I`ve only modeled one plane AND FOR ME, it was a real pain in the a$$ therefor, I`m not really willing to try it again, BUT, if push comes to shove I might, not sure, Legoman is willing to help with the Mooney, but again, I`m not sure that I want to go down that rabbit hole again, and he`s got other project`s in the works. Technoid doesn`t want to do "scale" planes at this time, SO, that brought me to you. Especially
after looking at he Orion, I thought it wouldn`t hurt to ask you to do a plane as a request, SO, I hope you`re still keeping it in the back of your mind for your next plane, I`ve done a search for the 3 views, and found 3 that look real nice, I`m positive i can get more shot`s of the plane, Hey, it`s my son`s plane, should be no problem..:D I`m very proud of him for taking the leap into ownership of a plane and would like to surprise him with his plane in RF. You know what gets me though, he`s only 27 yrs. old and bought 1 of the units in a condo, and now the plane, which he flew back from Florida to here in Northern Cali. (sonoma county) boy, talk about a cross country, AND he never asked for a dime to boot.... Hell, I could go on and on as you well know by now :D:D Anyway, keep me in mind regarding the Mooney, I`m positive you could do a great job, and YOU could be the first to put the one and only Mooney into RF. Can`t wait to hear from you regarding this Donomy. Have a great evening !!

Thanks, for the comments.

If you download the RF9 Orion EA, could you then download the AV by PilotAt6 to use it ? He did a nice version and has all the controls configured to the more conventional.

I've already started looking into the Mooney. PM me to discuss.

Back