Orion G801

Thanks for the new beta. I noticed you have brakes on the UP elevator. Shouldn't that be on DOWN for a tricycle gear plane ?

They work when your slowed down some. The front shouldn't have brakes at all. But I can't figure out, how the have the main wheel brakes stop as well as differential braking. Plus it tends to want to nose over, and the up elevator hold the tail down.

Thanks. Strengthening the gear definitely makes it turn better. I still prefer the up elevator to stop.

Thanks. Strengthening the gear definitely makes it turn better. I still prefer the up elevator to stop.

It's easy enough for one to change so keep it how you like. I did take the brakes off the nose wheel and reduced them on the others. It stops well now without tipping.

I think this one might be done. Just need to touch up the textures a bit.

Attachments

• Orion G 801_EA.RFX
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
A beautiful plane but I've noticed a few things I wanted to share.

After loading or a reset retract the gear and the plane does what's expected. But hit the reset button while the gear is still up and the plane spawns with the nose down (nose gear up) instead of all the gear down.

After loading or a reset the nose gear doesn't turn with the rudder.

With any speed while taxiing the steering affect is very low. The nose gear doesn't turn the way it should.

Plane spawns with the nose gear turned to the right.

the plane uses brakes to steer

I came back to the forum to post after looking at the physics and noticed the nose gear was set to Swivels Freely. I suppose that was mentioned on the Swap Page but the plane doesn't a description and I didn't read the swap page. So does the real plane steer with the brakes?

I came back to the forum to post after looking at the physics and noticed the nose gear was set to Swivels Freely. I suppose that was mentioned on the Swap Page but the plane doesn't a description and I didn't read the swap page. So does the real plane steer with the brakes?

I have not looked it up personally but i believe it was said so earlier in the thread that the plane steeres with brakes.

Yes. The real plane steers with differential braking, and the nose gear is free spinning.

Thanks. But to me it doesn't work well for your RC plane and hurts the performance of a beautiful plane. As does the non-standard front gear physics.

Back