P-39 Airacobra EP

Okay, thanks. I tried to size it the same as the pictures I have of the Brooklyn Bum, which seems to be larger than the other planes. So I wanted to make sure the cannon didn't look too large to you guys. I'm always the odd guy, for the most part I seem to prefer it without the cannon. Hopefully it will grow on me when I get some paint on it and see it in RealFlight.

I did some minor tweaks to the cannon and spinner to make them closer to the real plane. Then I started mapping again this morning. The only thing I got done is all the landing gear parts and the gear doors, so not much but that's a lot of little parts so it took some time. But now it's time for a break again.

Well I did some more mapping. All I have left is the wings, hstab, and vstab. At least for the first phase of mapping. The second phase is resizing all the individual parts to their proper relative size to each other. Then the last phase is resizing all the parts to fit on the color scheme grid where you output the cs mask from. Quite the process.

Okay, I just finished the first pass of mapping. Now it's time to resize all the parts to their relative size to each other. So lots still to do but at least things are moving along. I'm not sure what's next I might need a little break.

Looks pretty darn close to me, where did you pick the color from ?? It also looks like it might have some gloss on it, if so, you might want too knock that down a little. IMHO.

Where the green meets the white at the back of the fuse, hard to tell by the angle of your pic., but it looks like it should angled more, by looking at the pic. in post #72.
I was thinking the same thing. There's no straight on shot of the side so I was just guessing. But I'll take a look at that because I see the same thing. How does the width of the white stripes on the wings look?

The stripes on the wings look a tad bit wide I think. There are a lot of good pics from the side that are online to see the angle of the white on the fusalage. Sorry I didn't grab one when I got this pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924_183137_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924_183137_Chrome.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
I was thinking the same thing. There's no straight on shot of the side so I was just guessing. But I'll take a look at that because I see the same thing. How does the width of the white stripes on the wings look?
Yeah, I agree with rcdoski, the stripe is a little to wide, looking at his pic.

This pic. isn`t "straight" on, but it gives you a good idea of the paint angle on the fuse.

Attachments

• STRIPE.PNG
    STRIPE.PNG
    936.7 KB · Views: 5
Okay thanks guys. I did a google search and found a really nice side shot. I was thinking the wing stripes were a bit wide too. I've adjusted them several times and ended up a bit too wide. It's time to eat and watch something with the wife but I'll work on it again later.

Ha but the color in this picture seems to have more brown in it. What do you think?

40107_1213017095.jpg

Back