PX-51

Last resort to recover a drive is the old Spinrite 6. If you need a copy let me know.
If it's the controller going bad you can just get a new external case. Having a stand alone duplicator on hand is nice too. I picked one of those up last year. It can also be used to connect two drives to PC normally.
I have a 2 bay USB standalone enclosure but I think it's the drive itself the drive comes and goes sometimes I can use it for a bit but when I just tried to backup a very important folder it slowed way down after a short time and finally said it couldn't read a file and quit. I'm running another scan disk now maybe it will finally repair the bad area so I can recover what I need. I knew the drive was old I should have backed up the important stuff.

Dang you technoid you jinxed me !!! #$&!# :mad:

I went to look at my server drives and noticed one was missing (The Star Trek drive as I call it). After looking into it I found the SATA interface in it's USB box was bad. The drive itself is fine. I do have everything automatically backed up just in case though. So I moved it to another bay and ordered another box but I ordered the two bay copier instead of the enclosed box. There was a cheaper one but I like the activity lights on front. I have drives through the letter V: so I hope I don't run out of letters. What does it do after drive Z: anyway ?
41JHGkxNoKS._AC_UY218_.jpg

Well the second scan disk said it fixed it too but the same thing happened again the drive is extremely slow to read anything and errors out trying to copy anything more than text files. But at least I was able to recover all of my passwords stored on that drive so that's one good thing. The rest seems to be dead meaning it's there but I can't copy it because if I try it takes a long time and then errors out. The most I can do is look at the directory structure and find things I need to replace. There is tons of stuff on it I can live without, not happy about that but I don't have much choice. Bummer.

Last night I loaded the RF9 Mustang to get some pointers from it and decided to fly it too. I have to say if it's a good example of a scale RC warbird they're lost on me I like a clean quick flying plane and to me it isn't crisp flying at all turns even with the rudder seemed sloppy to me. I suppose I like fun fly type of planes. Don't beat me up too bad guys I'm just a sport RC flyer. It is pretty to look at though.

#1 It was a time machine....#2, Mr. Peabody (a beagle dog),...#3 Sherman (a boy),..The adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and friends.,....On a side note, it`s a good thing that Boris and Natisha didn`t have it.
Uncle twist wins this round ding! ding! ding!, Now Johnny tell him what he wins!!!! Well Ted Uncle twist winds the coveted Flying Fickle of Fate award!!! ( really exists) Presented by Rowen and Martin (crowed goes wild)

Hi Guy's sorry to be away so long. I gots me a problem.☹ I flew the Sim yesterday and had a great time as I am finding my skill level is steadily improving. So this evening I go to fly in experienced mode to continue polishing my landing skills and suddenly I find I don't have the same rudder control I experienced yesterday.

I also have no down elevator. I decided to change planes and fly a different wing over and found the controls sluggish. I switched back to the E-flight 1.5 trainer and now I can go up but not down. The plan bucks when I try to push the stick forward. I tried to trim it out because it was climbing excessively it took a lot of impute to get it to fly level and now no down control

Also I went into the control panel and hit the reset to factory setting and that didn't do a thing. Any help would be most grateful. Remember I'm the Jr pilot you have to spoon feed computer how to commands. Thanks Guy's(y)

I'm adding this P.S. as an after thought later after I posted. I switched to the 51 that tecknoid created and tried to fly that with no unusual results all the control surfaces were working then. I'm not implying anything just asking while thinking outside the box. is it possible something in the programing might be effecting the 9.5 software. Just asking? I believe that Tecknoid took all precautions when he created the 51 just wondering if there is something in its programing that's rubbing the 9.5 program the wrong way. Believe me I am not code or programing savvy just a random thought on my part.

Last edited:
My remember-y banks aren't finding any results on that one. When you first mentioned it, I thought you were talking about the internet's Way Back Machine at http://archive.org. But I get the feeling based on your questions that that's not what you meant.
Ha Ha Wrong way back machine for sure Good buddy. However no less kool! I took a quick look at the link and I am definitely going to explore what it has to offer, just from the opening options to pick from there is a lot of good stuff I want to explore so thanks for posting that. (y)

I like flying this plane so well I'm thinking about doing another semi-profile warbird, maybe a P-40. It needs have a thin fuselage so radials are out. This allows me to fly a warbird the way I like to fly. Actually space boy was right when he said Toxin seemed to be showing the type of flying I like. When I flew at the field I was always flying like I do with the PX-51, tearing holes in the sky hucking it around. I guess the Fly Baby Bipe will be pushed to the back again.

Hi Guy's sorry to be away so long. I gots me a problem.☹ I flew the Sim yesterday and had a great time as I am finding my skill level is steadily improving. So this evening I go to fly in experienced mode to continue polishing my landing skills and suddenly I find I don't have the same rudder control I experienced yesterday.

I also have no down elevator. I decided to change planes and fly a different wing over and found the controls sluggish. I switched back to the E-flight 1.5 trainer and now I can go up but not down. The plan bucks when I try to push the stick forward. I tried to trim it out because it was climbing excessively it took a lot of impute to get it to fly level and now no down control

Also I went into the control panel and hit the reset to factory setting and that didn't do a thing. Any help would be most grateful. Remember I'm the Jr pilot you have to spoon feed computer how to commands. Thanks Guy's(y)

I'm adding this P.S. as an after thought later after I posted. I switched to the 51 that tecknoid created and tried to fly that with no unusual results all the control surfaces were working then. I'm not implying anything just asking while thinking outside the box. is it possible something in the programing might be effecting the 9.5 software. Just asking? I believe that Tecknoid took all precautions when he created the 51 just wondering if there is something in its programing that's rubbing the 9.5 program the wrong way. Believe me I am not code or programing savvy just a random thought on my part.
I figured it out. I went into the tool bar on the screen found my radio and recalibrated it that seemed to fix the problem.

Technoid, sorry to hear you are experiencing hard drive problems, do not use Windows scandisk more than a couple of times, scandisk will just overwrite the bad sectors and make it more difficult to retrieve the data, Spinrite will find the defective sectors, retrieve data, and write (move) the data to good sectors on the hard drive also Spinrite will mark the bad sectors so they will not get used again. I have used Spinrite on many occasions with very good results.
Take up BrokeDad's offer and grab a copy of him.

Back